2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

6 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

They’re just the current band in line for “decent band that eFests has decided are incredible”, which was probably Foals a few years back.

Completely agree. I love eFests but some of the takes I see on here I do the look of that "?????" gif. I'm surprised this place isn't full of Fontaines DC worship tbh... Give it a few years, I guess 😉

(Love you all really)

Setting aside the flags raised by that post, IF they were to headline this year I'd be all for it. I'm all for giving an act a leg up and they'd put on a great show. If plans have shifted around and they've been looking for alternatives, why not Wolf Alice?

Suspect they're actually headlining the Other though, which would be a great show.

5 minutes ago, nikkic said:

All the talk of worst headliners and not a mention for Gorillaz or The Banjo Boys.

C’mon lads. 

Gorillaz weren't worst, it just landed a bit flat. Mumfords.....hmmm.

Was anyone here at the pointy one for Shakespeares Sister back in the day? I can't imagine that was a banging Saturday night hit-fest.

13 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

That reminds me, I got a 10L box of medium for Christmas that I haven't started yet... Do you know how long they keep for?

I don’t I’m afraid. Had one that turned to vinegar after 3 months but I think that was mostly heat based (was in the summer and wasn’t in that cool a place) rather than it going off.

Soonish to be on the safe side though?

Regardless of if they’d even get an offer - would Wolf Alice / their management be comfortable being put in a headline slot? Whilst a good band with good music, it’s clear they’ve not got the hits/crossover appeal/momentum needed and there’d surely be a very real risk of it coming back to harm their reputation if the set goes down with a very public televised yawn. 

2 minutes ago, MrRadioactiveCake said:

Regardless of if they’d even get an offer - would Wolf Alice / their management be comfortable being put in a headline slot? Whilst a good band with good music, it’s clear they’ve not got the hits/crossover appeal/momentum needed and there’d surely be a very real risk of it coming back to harm their reputation if the set goes down with a very public televised yawn. 

Of course they would. It’s unlikely they’re ever gonna reach Pyramid headline levels so if they got offered that slot now they’d be mental not to take it.

• Upvote 1

I'd personally love to see Wolf Alice headline Glastonbury, I can't see it myself though at all, we have gone from Harry Styles to one of his supports on his tour headlining? It does pose the question as to whether we think a small guitar based band will ever get a leg up to headline again...or any time soon

3 minutes ago, MrRadioactiveCake said:

Of course they would. Taking a Pyramid slot will only gain them a load of new fans who check out their music as a result of the exposure. Would only serve to grow their fanbase. No Wolf Alice fan is going to think 'oh their Pyramid headline slot wasn't an all-timer, I won't listen to them now'. 

5 minutes ago, MrRadioactiveCake said:

I think they'd jump at the chance and have confidence they could win the crowd over.

Its not like Wolf Alice are cut off from the mainstream - they've just won a BRIT for Best Group ffs. They're on Radio 1 all the time, they're 3 for 3 on Mercury noms, have an extensive and completely sold out UK tour coming up and are supporting Harry Styles. Its definitely not a case that people are gonna switch the TV and wonder who the hell they are. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, the wonderwhy said:

Its not like Wolf Alice are cut off from the mainstream - they've just won a BRIT for Best Group ffs. They're on Radio 1 all the time, they're 3 for 3 on Mercury noms, have an extensive and completely sold out UK tour coming up and are supporting Harry Styles. Its definitely not a case that people are gonna switch the TV and wonder who the hell they are. 

I doubt most of the people watching Glasto on TV have a clue what the Mercury Prize is pal.