2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

6 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I hope you swiped right 🙂 

5 minutes ago, Jakeyboi135 said:

I hope you dabbed up for crazyfool

1 minute ago, Graphic Design Pete said:

He did. It was not a match.

This is true. I was planning to ask her about it if she matched but unfortunately she didn’t.

Should have put my eFests rep in my bio.

10 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

Daft question, is there any reason why Foo fighters are not in the mix , they are playing manny and Brum around Glasto dates , and we have had confirmation that they were booked for equinox 

Manchester Saturday and Brum Monday, plus they headlined only two festivals ago.

Think a secret set on the Sunday and/or Grohl guesting with someone looks more likely.

12 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if the Foos are making themselves available as a backup for the inevitable drop outs and a secret set would be great. Hopefully it’s an actual secret set and not like the Killers in 2017 that everyone knew about 

I think these days it’s almost impossible to have a truly secret set. Most people know who will be anywhere at any time, might as well have it like the Killers where it is an open secret but they can just close the area off when it gets too full.

36 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Billie reconfirmed on her Beits message thay she is there.

Feel as confident as possible that she’s not dropping out at this stage. The run of cancellations seems to have died off a bit, so hopefully we have a bit more certainty moving forward. Outside of last minute covid cases obviously…

7 minutes ago, jparx said:

Feel as confident as possible that she’s not dropping out at this stage. The run of cancellations seems to have died off a bit, so hopefully we have a bit more certainty moving forward. Outside of last minute covid cases obviously…

The idea of her cancelling a whole UK tour, thats on in 3-4 months is insane to me. The only way she's not showing up is A. America doesn't let her out/UK doesn't let her in, or Glasto just doesn't happen and i can't see either happening. 

Definitely a smaller thing but something thats recently reassured be UK/US touring wise is Glass Animals have just canned Canada dates, but also at the same time announced some extra US ones for their tour next month. It seems to be UK/US looks good atm

1 hour ago, chazwwe said:

The idea of her cancelling a whole UK tour, thats on in 3-4 months is insane to me. The only way she's not showing up is A. America doesn't let her out/UK doesn't let her in, or Glasto just doesn't happen and i can't see either happening. 

Or, and to my mind this has always been the biggest potential obstacle, if one of the 3 other countries that she's scheduled to be in during the week leading up to Glastonbury keeps up a more restrictive set of testing and/or isolation rules than the UK, and for example one of the touring party tests positive and the entire group gets confined to a hotel for a week unable to travel.

There's still a genuine danger around artists that are covering multiple countries on their tours, and it's possible that'll still be the case by June, just because most of Europe has stricter rules than we do.

2 minutes ago, incident said:

Or, and to my mind this has always been the biggest potential obstacle, if one of the 3 other countries that she's scheduled to be in during the week leading up to Glastonbury keeps up a more restrictive set of testing and/or isolation rules than the UK, and for example one of the touring party tests positive and the entire group gets confined to a hotel for a week unable to travel.

There's still a genuine danger around artists that are covering multiple countries on their tours, and it's possible that'll still be the case by June, just because most of Europe has stricter rules than we do.

Yup. Completely missed that. Thats 100% the bigger worry of an artist getting Covid/part of the crew getting it and forcing isolation.

There's even a chance that Billie gets Covid the day before Glastonbury and depending on restrictions at the time, would probably have to cancel. 

7 hours ago, chazwwe said:

There's even a chance that Billie gets Covid the day before Glastonbury and depending on restrictions at the time, would probably have to cancel. 

We’ll definitely need a thread on whose not on the poster but in the UK at the time who can step in at short notice for backup. Will probably mainly be established artists who have done Glasto before. 

1 minute ago, squirrelarmy said:

We’ll definitely need a thread on whose not on the poster but in the UK at the time who can step in at short notice for backup. Will probably mainly be established artists who have done Glasto before. 

In the event of a headliner pulling out I’d put my money on someone being bumped up rather than an outright new artist not on the lineup doing it.

9 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

In the event of a headliner pulling out I’d put my money on someone being bumped up rather than an outright new artist not on the lineup doing it.

As it stands we’re struggling to name headliner sized artists to fill the headliner slots. Need someone big waiting in the wings. 

20 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

So far our sub predictions are the likes of Noel Gallagher and Royal Blood, neither of which are ever gonna get the bump up. They were pretty lucky in ‘15 in that they had Florence, who a lot of us expected to headline, as a sub ready to step up. They’d need to call in a new headliner if they had a drop out imo.

6 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

So far our sub predictions are the likes of Noel Gallagher and Royal Blood, neither of which are ever gonna get the bump up. They were pretty lucky in ‘15 in that they had Florence, who a lot of us expected to headline, as a sub ready to step up. They’d need to call in a new headliner if they had a drop out imo.

You could easily bump Foals over from the Other Stage…

Re covid, the likes of spain will be relaxing their restrictions before june, just as they did last year. They need that tourist dollar and also warm summer weather = loads less virus

meanwhile inside the UK no one actually really needs to test themselves for covid ever again as it stands now, if they dont want to. Thats not to say the music industry / glasto wont ask them to in order to keep up best practice, but part of moving on from covid is that if you are triple jabbed and asymptomatic you never really need to change what you are doing and honestly that means once someone arrives here they dont “need” to test so pulling out 24 hours before should hopefully be a lot less of a thing in 2022 than it was in 2021

5 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

The other big irony is theyre going to have brought melvin benn on board to help them navigate covid restrictions and its looking a lot like they wont actually need to do anything at all differently than they have ever done it before 😂

I was thinking that, but no doubt they were so scared of not being able to put the festival on again that it was more than worth having the peace of mind of bringing him on board.