2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

Great to hear Emily is still all in on Ross and Billie! Still no clue on the other headliners though. It does sound as things are fluid but she’s such a pro it’s hard to tell if fluid is more the lower card or they’ve just lost two of their major headliners.

7 minutes ago, brettredmayne said:

Blur just updated all the photos on Facebook and Twitter , unsure if that means anything 

Have they erased Damon from their history?

FWIW Gorillaz are in Europe over Glasto weekend so whatever plans Blur may have, if any at all, it won’t include playing the farm.

Edited by henry bear

3 hours ago, waltere said:

Different strokes and all, but that line up does absolutely nothing for me at all

I went to Boardies for the first time last year (with Oxfam). I had a great time but caught Covid while I was there  but anyway, I also went to Latitude for the first time (also with Oxfam) and I saw Bombay Bicycle Club who were absolutely brilliant. I was expecting Boardies to be about 15,000 not 50,000 plus. The youngest crowd I have ever seen for , like , anything.

10 hours ago, The Nal said:

The Strokes aren't going to be able to pull off a headline performance in front of 80k people.

2 or 3 decent tunes on the first album and this is kind of the best the've managed since. Weak mid tempo indie. 

This is in encore song. *insert Partridge shrug*

Lol

6 hours ago, Earth_pig said:

I wonder if Emily saying some of the acts booked in 2019 are now headline size would refer to the pyramid or the other stages?

I’m sure Dua Lipa is the main one she had in mind and that conversations have already been had about her returning to headline in the next couple of years.

If Macca is out then I'm coming more and more round to the idea of GnR replacing him.

They're playing Paris on the Saturday but it's a festival show so it's minimal staging/gear of their own to transport. Spend Saturday night in a Paris hotel, up the next morning and private jet/helicopter over to the site in a couple of hours.

Not hugely different to doing back to back Reading/Leeds really.

44 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

If Macca is out then I'm coming more and more round to the idea of GnR replacing him.

They're playing Paris on the Saturday but it's a festival show so it's minimal staging/gear of their own to transport. Spend Saturday night in a Paris hotel, up the next morning and private jet/helicopter over to the site in a couple of hours.

I reckon they'd try their hardest to nab Relton before GnR.

22 hours ago, The Nal said:

The Strokes aren't going to be able to pull off a headline performance in front of 80k people.

2 or 3 decent tunes on the first album and this is kind of the best the've managed since. Weak mid tempo indie. 

This is in encore song. *insert Partridge shrug*

One of the worst takes I've seen on this forum. The worst was when you suggested The Strokes could headline the John Peel Tent.

50 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

When they last did Rading and Leeds they had a day off between.

The time before, they only played Leeds.

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Technically a different band now to back then.

Paris to Glastonbury is hardly an insurmountable distance if they wanted to do it.

Their tour suggests that any distance between gigs is worth a day off, if I recall correctly.

Even if that’s dismissed, the only connection is Emily name dropping them as a potential headliner to Metal Hammer. She has no form for blurting out headliners so why would that be taken as anything more than just a nugget for the rock fans who read that magazine?

No shot. Move on.