2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

11 hours ago, jparx said:

Worth remembering he wasn’t doing 2020 festivals at this point in 2019 either, so it’s definitely not over yet. Certainly not a good sign though.

Because this thread has died a death is Kendrick isn’t back what do you think the trio will look like? Suddenly Billie being busy on the Saturday (the day we expect McCartney to play) doesn’t seem like such an issue anymore. I don’t think @Suprefan is right about Billie having a Sunday date at the O2. No idea why they wouldn’t announce it when the Saturday date sold out. Seems a bit weird to announce another show months later when all the others have sold out. 

If the Friday is available she would probably be my first pick, but I wonder who else could step in for Kendrick. If R&L haven’t got Dave I can see it being him… or… Dua.

Edited by Matt42

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Because this thread has died a death is Kendrick isn’t back what do you think the trio will look like? Suddenly Billie being busy on the Saturday (the day we expect McCartney to play) doesn’t seem like such an issue anymore. I don’t think @Suprefan is right about Billie having a Sunday date at the O2. No idea why they wouldn’t announce it when the Saturday date sold out. Seems a bit weird to announce another show months later when all the others have sold out. 

If the Friday is available she would probably be my first pick, but I wonder who else could step in for Kendrick. If R&L haven’t got Dave I can see it being him… or… Dua.

I’d go for Elton as the most likely replacement if any of the three drop out. Currently I’d go Elton, Macca and Taylor/Billie

35 minutes ago, jparx said:

I’d go for Elton as the most likely replacement if any of the three drop out. Currently I’d go Elton, Macca and Taylor/Billie

Not really that sold on Elton. He’s been in the area around the festival for years and not shown up. There’s never any proximity with him and the festival in terms of glasto wanting to book him, or him wanting to play. I personally think he’s not an option just by gut feeling.

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Dua or we riot. 

(Have a lovely time regardless of who headlines)

If Kendrick is indeed out (and I fucking hope not) it looks a straight shootout between Reg, Billie and Dua.

If Reg is genuinely keen to play them I can’t see it being anyone else. Dua and Billie aren’t going anywhere and will almost certainly get their shot in the future. It’s getting close to now or never for Elton.

24 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

But if rumours are believed Paul is back on the Saturday night.

Is there anything actually pointing to that though? There are rumours he is booked for stuff in Europe around Glasto but I don't think there is anything concrete on even him playing G yet let alone the day that he is playing... (Other than basing it off what we had for 2020)