2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

With regards to fees, I was at FM’s last UK show at Wembley a couple of years ago. It wasn’t anywhere near sold out. Makes me wonder if the band are aware of diminishing returns and are open to shot in the arm that a high profile Glastonbury headline set would bring.

Doubt they have much of an eye on future tours. If they play, it's out of a desire to check it off the list.

Probably wasn't sold out because it cost a small fortune to be in attendance.

Yeah I imagine FM will now pop up for a small run of shows in a short burst rather than a whole tour. They won’t have any trouble selling that.

Glasto will fit in any tour. I think it’s down to whether FM want to do it and whether they think they are getting a good deal. They can do a stadium and Glastonbury in the same year no bother.

I think there’s a good chance FM will do Glastonbury on the next tour, but the question is when that’ll be. Neil Finn has a Crowded House tour to honour, and Stevie has a new album on the way. It could be they’ve agreed to tour in, say, 2022 anyway and all the other extra curricular stuff would  have to be dropped. It certainly sounded like Mick Fleetwood was open to doing it given the amount of times he mentioned they still had to play a muddy field in England (or whatever it was).

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Without downplaying Edinburgh Summer Sessions or Electric Picnic, they're not quite on the scale of the G.

EP is much bigger than Latitude, but The Killers were able to headline Glastonbury the year after playing Latitude.

Nothing is on the scale of Glastonbury, so that's a silly argument, and I suspect you know it.

Florence's last album was a lot more low key and meant for more intimate settings. So I guess it depends if she has hits on her next project or continues in the more stripped back restrained direction, either way I could see her taking a sub slot to someone as big as Fleetwood Mac.

Remember she also supported the Rolling Stones in 2016 an wasn't supposed to be headlining 2015, so imagine she doesn't have a huge ego for that sorta stuff.

Surprised she hasn't taken the top spot at Reading considering the sausage fest they always seem to conjure these days

Edited by ace56blaa

On 1/5/2021 at 6:09 PM, CaledonianGonzo said:

Sure - they'll probably throw st s lot of money at Oasis. But Noel will still say no cos he can afford not to spend 6 months cheek to jowl with someone he detests.

One morning in 1995, I was wandering around Leeds student Union, doing this and that. When I bumped into Oasis. There was this, one, lone, step, that reared of some steps; in the middle of the Student Union. I walked down the steps and Oasis were just standing there. I knew it was them because they were standing right next to their big drum, with the Oasis logo.

They didn't have all the roadies back then. I startled to see them and quickly nipped round the corner. On the way out of the door I overheard a man speaking. Does she have to be in here? he said. He thought I'd made an obnoxious gesture to Liam Gallagher. 

Anyway. I get out of the Union and think, 'Stuff Alan McGee. I'm not interested in his stupid band. Why would I be? I am a student.' But actually I could hear the whole soundcheck and set from my room. Which was, in a house, just round the corner.

As Rock and Roll star kicked off the show, that night, I felt a bit guilty about misleading Alan about, not, listening to it. But then I thought better. So, just to piss Alan off, I made a point of diligently listening to the whole set. They rocked, swore and punched their way on; to lyrics about mirrors and razorblades and cigarettes and alcohol. We were all totally, 'mad for it'. 

I waited up, gusling coffee, until the late hours; because I had overworked last semester. I used to wind down.  I would keep an ear out just to see if any musicians came out of the Union drunk. It was very late. Then I heard Liam acknowledge a cab arriving. He got into it and went home.

I don't know how anyone would reform that. They were wildly loutish and obnoxious.