2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

I can’t quite formulate what I’m trying to say but obviously I’m still Billie, Macca, Kenny because of my loyalty to Neil but it’s very difficult to not think we’re being led a bit astray.

Who knows. Kendrick may well have been booked at some point but is no longer touring. 

Macca still seems like he’s on due to Emily liking and engaging with virtually everything he posts on Instagram 

My head says it’s Billie, Macca, ??? right now even if my heart still says Billie, Macca, Kendrick

This Instagram evidence is ridiculous. If Macca is out for 2022 because he isn’t playing live, and Emily still wants him to play the next time he’s available, hopefully the following year, is she going to refuse to like his Instagram posts? Hell, he could even be already lined up for 2023.

Fwiw I think Macca will headline this year, but sometimes there just isn’t any evidence, you know? Not everything has to mean something.

7 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

This Instagram evidence is ridiculous. If Macca is out for 2022 because he isn’t playing live, and Emily still wants him to play the next time he’s available, hopefully the following year, is she going to refuse to like his Instagram posts? Hell, he could even be already lined up for 2023.

Fwiw I think Macca will headline this year, but sometimes there just isn’t any evidence, you know? Not everything has to mean something.

I really hate when people ask for solid evidence. We never have solid evidence. This is kinda the whole stick.

Imagine if we only discussed solid evidence on here this place would be boring as fuck. A Glastonbury employee favouriting a tweet from Guns and Roses and starting off a whole rumour is what people come here to see!

Edited by Matt42

Just now, Matt42 said:

I really hate when people ask for solid evidence. We never have solid evidence. This is kinda the whole stick.

Imagine if we only discussed solid evidence on here this place would be boring as fuck.

the best evidence available is a gut feeling I reckon 🙂 even the Met cant investigate that 🙂 

This is feeling a lot like 2015 where we knew only one headliner going into February… and we were debating whether Florence and the Machine was big enough to headline.

If history is going to repeat itself the Kanye announcement came out of nowhere after the Brit awards and it transpired that Glasto didn’t have a third headliner as we approached the spring. Some shit house fuckery ensued where the Who moved their Paris date to play.

Edited by Matt42

12 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

This is feeling a lot like 2015 where we knew only one headliner going into February… and we were debating whether Florence and the Machine was big enough to headline.

If history is going to repeat itself the Kanye announcement came out of nowhere after the Brit awards and it transpired that Glasto didn’t have a third headliner as we approached the spring. Some shit house fuckery ensued where the Who moved their Paris date to play.

There is no pattern. 

29 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Imagine if we only discussed solid evidence on here this place would be boring as fuck. A Glastonbury employee favouriting a tweet from Guns and Roses and starting off a whole rumour is what people come here to see!

Nobody is asking for solid evidence. This social media obsession is just weird.

21 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Wouldn’t it be stranger if such a prominent figure in the music industry didn’t follow loads of acts on social media?

Funniest was the idea that Glasto are no longer trying to book Madonna so Emily Eavis has done a petty unfollow.

Anyone know if Wembley is free around the weekend of Glastonbury? Could be that after the superbowl Dre and Co announce a joint tour together, i think dre, snoop and Eminem did a simillar thing 20 or so years ago. Then kendrick pops down to Somerset for a solo show for the prestige whilst still raking in the megabucks with dre.

I'm of course mostly joking, but just chucking some more speculation to keep the kendrick plausibility going

12 minutes ago, CurrySauce said:

Anyone know if Wembley is free around the weekend of Glastonbury? Could be that after the superbowl Dre and Co announce a joint tour together, i think dre, snoop and Eminem did a simillar thing 20 or so years ago. Then kendrick pops down to Somerset for a solo show for the prestige whilst still raking in the megabucks with dre.

I'm of course mostly joking, but just chucking some more speculation to keep the kendrick plausibility going

Riding with you on the Kendrick speculation bus, but Ed Sheeran is playing Wembley that weekend.