2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

When was the last time we had well sourced headliner info that fell through? Macca in 2019? 

The biggest hurdle with Taylor is that we need the info to be wrong/become dated AND Taylor needs to come flying in out of nowhere. If Kendrick or Macca aren't there, we're looking at a fairly bog standard backup I think, not something as massive as Taylor. I want to keep the dream alive (although tbf I want to see Kendrick and Macca almost as much as Taylor anyway...) but I can't see anything other than Taylor topping 2023 with a career spanning, greatest of all time level set.

2 minutes ago, stuie said:

Are people seriously thinking Harry Styles could headline? 

To me, that's the most ridiculous rumour ever.  Mid afternoon slot at best. 

I mean. He's headlining Coachella and his current tour that he's just announced has 4 stadium shows in the UK, with days probably to be added. With a third album on the way. 

3 minutes ago, jparx said:

When was the last time we had well sourced headliner info that fell through? Macca in 2019? 

The biggest hurdle with Taylor is that we need the info to be wrong/become dated AND Taylor needs to come flying in out of nowhere. If Kendrick or Macca aren't there, we're looking at a fairly bog standard backup I think, not something as massive as Taylor. I want to keep the dream alive (although tbf I want to see Kendrick and Macca almost as much as Taylor anyway...) but I can't see anything other than Taylor topping 2023 with a career spanning, greatest of all time level set.

I mean, the info for Kendrick/Macca could be wrong, with Taylor always being the third. So the trio could be Billie/?/Taylor, with neither Macca or Kendrick showing. She might not be a backup option. I still don't personally think its her and believe it to be the 3 we've thought for awhile. 

4 minutes ago, jparx said:

Couple of times. Coldplay being booked for 2015 but actually booked for 2016 was one.

Pretty sure people had heard Radiohead were in line for 2016 too and they ended up playing 2017.

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Couple of times. Coldplay being booked for 2015 but actually booked for 2016 was one.

Pretty sure people had heard Radiohead were in line for 2016 too and they ended up playing 2017.

Aye, and in all three cases (with Macca in 2019/20) the act headlined the followed year instead of when the strong rumours came out the year before. Maybe Kendrick does 2023 instead and he’s another to add to that list, but I doubt it! 

1 minute ago, jparx said:

Aye, and in all three cases (with Macca in 2019/20) the act headlined the followed year instead of when the strong rumours came out the year before. Maybe Kendrick does 2023 instead and he’s another to add to that list, but I doubt it! 

I still think the idea around 2 (maybe the same) sources coming out and saying its 2 artists headlining, one within the past few weeks and one from months ago. The chances of it coming up negative, especially with 2 of them being carried over from 2020. The idea that no one from 2020 is at the top of the bill would also be crazy to me. 

14 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

I mean. He's headlining Coachella and his current tour that he's just announced has 4 stadium shows in the UK, with days probably to be added. With a third album on the way. 

Coachella isn't Glastonbury.  Jeez... Harry Styles fans are sensitive.... thanks for the rather unnecessary downvote!

3 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

I still think the idea around 2 (maybe the same) sources coming out and saying its 2 artists headlining, one within the past few weeks and one from months ago. The chances of it coming up negative, especially with 2 of them being carried over from 2020. The idea that no one from 2020 is at the top of the bill would also be crazy to me. 

Aye, seems very unlikely those sources would be wrong. If Joey hadn't heard the same info very recently, you could argue Neil's info might end up being dated. Feels like some major turbulence would be needed behind the scenes now for those two not to be headlining (which of course can happen, especially this year).

Just now, stuie said:

Coachella isn't Glastonbury.  Jeez... Harry Styles fans are sensitive.... thanks for the rather unnecessary downvote!

Not a fan of his, at all, but to say someone that is selling out stadiums across Europe is 'mid afternoon at best' is hilarious. He would either headline or not be there. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

21 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Kendrick played a one off festival set in Vegas back in November with literally no dates for months either side. Why he'd do that for Glastonbury I can't say but it's not impossible...

I know we're all nuts for the festival, but for an artist to take such a drop in pay to headline Glastonbury must mean they (or their management) get it's cultural significance to a certain extent. So it's feasible that someone like Kendrick could perform it as a one off and hold it in higher regard than other festival shows.

42 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

Not a fan of his, at all, but to say someone that is selling out stadiums across Europe is 'mid afternoon at best' is hilarious. He would either headline or not be there. 

I’ll equal it out as someone spat their dummy out

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

If it’s the Who again I’ve had it

89AF69A5-FEA0-4F4C-AF66-5E823B277946.jpeg

Cee Lo Green's tribute to James Brown - really great marriage of stand up gents there. 

Also I hope no one else there tries to play Jimmy Buffet's songs. I hear he very uncoolly charges people to cover them. 

1 hour ago, stuie said:

Are people seriously thinking Harry Styles could headline? 

To me, that's the most ridiculous rumour ever.  Mid afternoon slot at best. 

I think he’d be a brilliant headliner. Personally prefer him to Kendrick, who I am not the slightest bit interested in. 

I think Harry would be a great sub for Macca on the Saturday. Still really hoping for Taylor on Sunday though.