2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

Thing is with Kendrick is that he didn’t look likely for 20 or 21, when we had rumours to say he was doing it, and then he announced dates pretty late in the day that brought him right in the picture. Yeah he’s running out of festivals, but maybe he’s just doing his own tour and a couple festivals here and there? We’ve been here before and the rumours were right, so I still expect him to be on the Farm.

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

Elton is booked up.

No he’s not. He’s active, playing BST London on Friday and Bristol on the Sunday. He’s on the road and heading towards Pilton on the Saturday. The only red flag is the consecutive nights he’d be playing, which would deviate from every other date in his schedule.

But, BST isn’t a full blown gig with his standard production and may not be as long a set either.

I still think he’s an outside bet for the Saturday. Maybe that’s why they took a punt on young Billie, knowing they had a couple of old timers booked for the other days? 

Edited by kalifire

1 minute ago, jparx said:

Thing is with Kendrick is that he didn’t look likely for 20 or 21, when we had rumours to say he was doing it, and then he announced dates pretty late in the day that brought him right in the picture. Yeah he’s running out of festivals, but maybe he’s just doing his own tour and a couple festivals here and there? We’ve been here before and the rumours were right, so I still expect him to be on the Farm.

9A5A8D4C-905A-43BF-B6DE-17B1821DCBB0.webp

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, kalifire said:

No he’s not. He’s active playing BST London on Friday and Bristol on the Sunday. He’s on the road and heading towards Pilton on the Saturday. The only red flag is the consecutive nights he’d be playing, which would deviate from every other date in his schedule.

But, BST isn’t a full blown gig with his standard production and may not be as long a set either.

I still think he’s an outside bet for the Saturday. Maybe that’s why they took a punt on young Billie, knowing that had a couple of old timers booked for the other days? 

Three nights 2hr+ sets in a row is still three in a row despite the staging. Yes he might be a outside bet but I don’t think he’s a serious suggestion anymore. For the same reason we aren’t predicting the Eagles.

Edited by Matt42

8 minutes ago, jparx said:

What other festivals could he be appearing at that are still looking for headliners on his size?

“Hey, Taylor?

Yeah, look I know we pencilled you in for 2023 but we’ve hit a snag and as you’re spending half your time living just up the road and aren’t adverse to flying half way round the world for a few days when you’re not, reckon you could squeeze us in? We’ll promise not to invite Damon.”

Edited by mike46

I was told a week ago it was Macca on Saturday and Kendrick on Sunday with the info coming from "within" the festival.

Perhaps it's now out of date but I highly doubt it. If indeed it does prove to be duff info it would show in reality how few people actually know the headliners given it's source is well placed one would imagine.

Time will tell.

• Upvote 1

Thing is, there’s no evidence Taylor’s not playing. She committed to 2020, and they will definitely have asked her back.

The entire argument for her not playing rests on the assumption that she must have gigs elsewhere if she’s going to play Glastonbury. I don’t necessarily buy that. 

Kendrick’s Friday was straight up replaced. Taylor’s day (can’t remember which it was) is wide open. 

Please don’t rob me of this dream. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Perhaps it's now out of date but I highly doubt it. If indeed it does prove to be duff info it would show in reality how few people actually know the headliners given it's source is well placed one would imagine.

Did the leak finish by saying he thinks this festival will be the best one ever? 

1 minute ago, kalifire said:

Thing is, there’s no evidence Taylor’s not playing. She committed to 2020, and they will definitely have asked her back.

The entire argument for her not playing rests on the assumption that she must have gigs elsewhere if she’s going to play Glastonbury. I don’t necessarily buy that. 

Kendrick’s Friday was straight up replaced. Taylor’s day (can’t remember which it was) is wide open. 

I mean I get what you’re saying but Taylor doesn’t look to be playing shows at all right now and that seems to be the message which it’s difficult to dispute. She seems very preoccupied with other things / waiting out the pandemic. 

6 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Keeping the dream alive!

9 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Taylor was Sunday.

We have no dates for Macca and Kendrick as well, so from that POV they're all even. The info from Neil and Joey seems pretty strong though, and now we have Billie for Friday it does make Taylor look very unlikely. It'd be an Aguero moment at this point if we end up getting Taylor back on the Sunday...but hey, I thought there was no chance we'd have the Aguero moment at the time, so who knows.

Edited by jparx

9 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

I was told a week ago it was Macca on Saturday and Kendrick on Sunday with the info coming from "within" the festival.

Time will tell.

It could still be Kendrick, but the idea that Glastonbury has Billie, Macca and Kendrick with all 3 of them not playing any other festival in Europe(the world?) this summer, is insane. 

7 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Such is the general consensus here but again, outside of supposed leaked info, there’s no solid basis for that. 

Hasn't all the leaked info (both Joey and Neil, perhaps the same source?) been about BOTH Kendrick and Macca? So if one is out, so is the other? 

1 minute ago, chazwwe said:

It could still be Kendrick, but the idea that Glastonbury has Billie, Macca and Kendrick with all 3 of them not playing any other festival in Europe(the world?) this summer, is insane. 

Suddenly makes Glastonbury look like the hottest ticket in the world, frankly.

1 minute ago, chazwwe said:

This is a great point. What an absolutely mental play from glasto if they have bagged all three.