2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

It honestly depends though. Kendrick is very popular in the hip hop scene. He’s not as mainstream as some of his contemporaries but I think it’s pretty much agreed amongst music listeners that Kendrick is elite tier in terms of quality of output. When it comes to hip hop albums pretty much expect that whatever Kendrick puts out is worth your time.

If he drops new material he will get a lot of attention. Media hype around DAMN was massive. When he speaks people listen.

Obviously he’s not as large as Drake, Kanye, Travis Scott (pre-astroworld), etc. but when he drops his next material people will be listening. 

Edited by Matt42

On 1/21/2022 at 11:10 AM, discgoesmic said:

I saw him at Reading, where he went wrong was they lifted and shifted his DAMN tour (with all of the skits and video breaks in between) onto the main stage and the energy quickly went. I also felt perhaps he didn't really care about the concert as he rushed through it, but then he only had a short slot.

I'm going to give him another chance if he plays Glasto, hoping Reading was just a bad one.

I've seen him twice not at festivals and this has been pretty much my experience both times. I don't think he's a very good festival act. Which is fine because the same can be said for loads of acts. 

Decent booking though if they get him. Which they wont. 

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Unfortunately the photo is Bowie , kiss and myself … none of whom are gay icons as far as I’m aware 🙂 

I'd say you each have iconic status within the community, @crazyfool1. Look at yours, Bowie's and Kiss' outfits for heaven's sake! Fabulous. 

ps: this is totally an omen for your resale success.

• Like 1

On 1/20/2022 at 6:39 PM, CaledonianGonzo said:

Straight from the Easter Island Statue Head's mouth

that suggests to me that he knows something is happening this week, that'll feed reform speculation, glasto announcement.

4 minutes ago, Neil said:

that suggests to me that he knows something is happening this week, that'll feed reform speculation, glasto announcement.

Do you think we are likely to get something this week neil? I mean a lot of festivals are announcing this week it wouldn’t surprise me if glasto skipped it.

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Do you think we are likely to get something this week neil? I mean a lot of festivals are announcing this week it wouldn’t surprise me if glasto skipped it.

ME, THIS WEEK, PROLLY NOT.

2 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Which festivals are announcing?

any scheduled for today?

Lots of the European ones are supposed to be adding names, Camp Bestival, Parklife and then the little ones like Truck, Tramlines have all been mentioning announcements 

• Upvote 1