2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

13 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

Which would explain a bit why the tweet announcing Eilish as headliner made effort to point out she was the youngest ever.

Can’t imagine them actively promoting Macca as the oldest ever headliner though? That would be a bit odd.

1 hour ago, balthazarstarbuck said:

Debatable. Most (if not all) of Ash were younger then Billie will be when they headlined. 

Huh. This seemed wrong but is absolutely right - Tim Wheeler was younger than Billie will be, albeit by just a couple of weeks. The things you learn on this forum… 😁

10 minutes ago, jparx said:

So what are people's thoughts on this 2pm tour announcement for Macca? Rules him out totally, or a nice, juicy GSH in there and we can upgrade the pencil to a marker pen on the prediction board?

Can’t see it ruling him out. If he was gonna do only one show this year I think it’d be be Glastonbury, with COVID obviously still being a thing.

Someone’s mentioned one of the dates being rumoured for July, so if that’s true I expect there’ll be a nice fat gap for Glasto in the middle.

Yeah I’m betting this McCartney announcement has a big ol’ Glastonbury gap in there which can calm any remaining nerves we may have about him being booked. I just can’t see him touring this year and not fulfilling his prior Glastonbury commitment - he’s not exactly at an age where he can just keep delaying it down the line, and I doubt he’d just bail out entirely either. 

18 minutes ago, jparx said:

So what are people's thoughts on this 2pm tour announcement for Macca? Rules him out totally, or a nice, juicy GSH in there and we can upgrade the pencil to a marker pen on the prediction board?

Given that a few sources here indicated it was still going to be Macca and Kendrick, despite the evidence at the time suggested neither were touring, it seems he had signed on the dotted line. If he’s gone for US$ over Glastonbury I’ll be very unimpressed, but I don’t think that’ll be the case.

2 minutes ago, zero000 said:

Not sure if it’s been posted already but another source has Macca playing Baltimore in the US:

https://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2022/02/17/former-beatle-paul-mccartney-bringing-summer-tour-to-camden-yards-sources-say/

It’s happening.

Baltimore? Will he be holding the corners?

Edited by Hugh Jass

11 minutes ago, zero000 said:

Not sure if it’s been posted already but another source has Macca playing Baltimore in the US:

https://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2022/02/17/former-beatle-paul-mccartney-bringing-summer-tour-to-camden-yards-sources-say/

It’s happening.

9 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Baltimore? Will he be holding the corners?

Sheeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

12 minutes ago, Jakeyboi135 said:

So if the tour gets announced and he's busy over glasto weekend, do we get stuck back in a wormhole of florence/harry/how much sleep and old man needs whilst crossing continents?

Indeed. Cat would be well and truly amongst the pigeons.

13 minutes ago, Jakeyboi135 said:

So if the tour gets announced and he's busy over glasto weekend, do we get stuck back in a wormhole of florence/harry/how much sleep and old man needs whilst crossing continents?

Only for a couple of weeks then we get some definitive news and find out we were right and it was Kaiser Chiefs all along.

4 minutes ago, mcshed said:

Only for a couple of weeks then we get some definitive news and find out we were right and it was Kaiser Chiefs all along.

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

He can't headline anyway as he's too old according to some on here...

Sounds like a job for Ricky and the lads