2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

Really want to be buoyed by the Macca tour rumour but the article does seem to be dated before the post suggesting he was out. Adds more credence to the fact he WAS due to be touring, but doesn’t do much to dispel fears he’s since pulled out.

2 minutes ago, jparx said:

Really want to be buoyed by the Macca tour rumour but the article does seem to be dated before the post suggesting he was out. Adds more credence to the fact he WAS due to be touring, but doesn’t do much to dispel fears he’s since pulled out.

Oh the brasil article was old?

Billie, Harry, The Rolling Stones then.

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Oh the brasil article was old?

Billie, Harry, The Rolling Stones then.

Well, it looks dated 21st Jan. So around a week before the post saying he was out. You could argue having a tour lined up encompassing South America as well as Europe/Glastonbury as recently as the 22nd Jan suggests very high confidence it would go ahead, and cancelling within a week seems farfetched? Who knows

12 minutes ago, jparx said:

Well, it looks dated 21st Jan. So around a week before the post saying he was out. You could argue having a tour lined up encompassing South America as well as Europe/Glastonbury as recently as the 22nd Jan suggests very high confidence it would go ahead, and cancelling within a week seems farfetched? Who knows

I really don’t like the build up to this years poster tbh. Feels like too many possibilities being dangled infront of us and it’s foolish to get excited about any of them.

I miss the days of Kendrick, Macca, Taylor being locked in since Dec 2019.

Edited by Matt42

6 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Not on the Saturday they won’t.

Ah yeah true.

That settles it; McCartney plays the Sunday and the Stones play the Saturday. 

Noel Gallagher would find it acceptable to play before the Stones and there are no other reasonable acts available that night other than McCartney.

We have our headliners! Case closed. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I really don’t like the build up to this years poster tbh. Feels like too many possibilities being dangled infront of us and it’s foolish to get excited about any of them.

I miss the days of Kendrick, Macca, Taylor being locked in since Dec 2019.

We haven't had a credible rumour since Paul McCartney and Kendrick Lamar in November or whenever it was. If it turns out to be them, we'll have 'known' for a long time.

2 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

The Who was an arena show (one of two at the same venue that hadn't doldrums out if I remember correctly), RCHP shows on the Saturday and Sunday are stadium shows, of course they're ruled out.

But they don’t have huge production do they? Can’t imagine their stadium show is much/any different to their arena/festival show. Just some bigger socks maybe. 

1 hour ago, Florian Saucer Attack said:

Ah yeah true.

That settles it; McCartney plays the Sunday and the Stones play the Saturday. 

Noel Gallagher would find it acceptable to play before the Stones and there are no other reasonable acts available that night other than McCartney.

We have our headliners! Case closed. 

Where do The Who and Chillis slot in?

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Have you had more confirmation?

No but I’ll forever be questioning anything I hear ever again pre festival if it’s not true.

It will show how fluid a situation booking for the festival is.

It’s come from a solid place.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

No but I’ll forever be questioning anything I hear ever again pre festival if it’s not true.

It will show how fluid a situation booking for the festival is.

It’s come from a solid place.

But obviously this year is very different with the constant changing course of the pandemic so I wouldn’t lose too much faith in the source if it proves to be incorrect. I expect a lot of the festivals that announced lineups last year will end up looking slightly different come the festivals themselves. 

3 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Also perhaps we have to think about Foo Fighters too. Michael letting it slip that they were in line to do equinox, maybe they are a band on call for the Sunday?

Personally I think their dates don’t make things that straightforward for them but it sounds like Dave is raring to come back and play.

They’re not even doing back to back dates when they’re at the same venue. If they didn’t Glasto it’d be 3 nights running in different places. It’s not happening.