2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

Before I came to the UK I had no idea that Liam Gallagher still had a career, it's wild how he can be absolutely massive in the UK and playing tiny theatres on tiny tours in North America. Most lad-rock bands out of the UK seem to have similar fates. Nothing against the genre, I just find it fascinating how much more popular it is in the UK than in North America.

57 minutes ago, shivroy said:

Before I came to the UK I had no idea that Liam Gallagher still had a career, it's wild how he can be absolutely massive in the UK and playing tiny theatres on tiny tours in North America. Most lad-rock bands out of the UK seem to have similar fates. Nothing against the genre, I just find it fascinating how much more popular it is in the UK than in North America.

At this point Noasis is probably bigger in the US since we all saw that story about people getting snowed-into the pub.

20 minutes ago, not worthy said:

Oasis - the only band that on two occasions I have bought albums in the optimism that it may actually be ok this time, started to listen to a couple of tracks, gave up and never finished.

Yeah I feel like a have to hand in my Brit card sometimes cus I actively avoid anything with a Gallagher brother involved. 

On 1/20/2022 at 10:48 AM, Hugh Jass said:

Because I’ve never seen Kendrick before I’d be perfectly happy with a career to date set.

Hopefully any new stuff doesn’t push the S80/GKMC material out too much.

I saw him at Reading, where he went wrong was they lifted and shifted his DAMN tour (with all of the skits and video breaks in between) onto the main stage and the energy quickly went. I also felt perhaps he didn't really care about the concert as he rushed through it, but then he only had a short slot.

I'm going to give him another chance if he plays Glasto, hoping Reading was just a bad one.

1 hour ago, discgoesmic said:

I saw him at Reading, where he went wrong was they lifted and shifted his DAMN tour (with all of the skits and video breaks in between) onto the main stage and the energy quickly went. I also felt perhaps he didn't really care about the concert as he rushed through it, but then he only had a short slot.

I'm going to give him another chance if he plays Glasto, hoping Reading was just a bad one.

Imagine if he did a whole set in this vein, with this band (Thundercat et al)

1 hour ago, majormajormajor said:

Imagine if he did a whole set in this vein, with this band (Thundercat et al)

thundercat is opening for RHCP who are playing that weekend i think, so he's unfortunately out most likely. Terrence Martin could join him (hopefully) alongside the TDE lot and maybe Anna Wise who he's constantly worked with

19 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

The more I think about it, Billie, Macca and Florence would be just fine this year.  I may go elsewhere for Billie but I wouldn't pay for her out of a fest so it would depend.

If Kendrick is out, Florence would be about top of my list to come in. Wouldn't be much of a step down at all for me, in fact I'm probably a bigger fan of Florence it's just I've never seen Kenny before.

Still think it's Kendrick though despite the lack of tour dates. 

1 hour ago, jparx said:

If Kendrick is out, Florence would be about top of my list to come in. Wouldn't be much of a step down at all for me, in fact I'm probably a bigger fan of Florence it's just I've never seen Kenny before.

Kendrick’s lack of touring is doubtful however his activity looks to be ramping up in the next few weeks and the fact that still a few festivals he could appear at look to be gearing up for an announcement.

Maybe I’m making the same mistake again and expecting a different result but I feel way more positive on the Kendrick front.

Edited by Matt42

3 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Kendrick’s lack of touring is doubtful however his activity looks to be ramping up in the next few weeks and the fact that still a few festivals he could appear at look to be gearing up for an announcement.

Maybe I’m making the same mistake again and expecting a different result but I feel way more positive on the Kendrick front.

by 'activity looks to be ramping up' don't you just mean 'he'll be performing at the superbowl'? I do think it'll be kendrick as per the insiders but until other festivals announce him im going to remain dubious. If he ends up being announced for Open'er and Longitude and the other fests he was announced for last time then I'd defs assume that he's in but just because a few of those are announcing this week, that doesn't mean (to me) that Kendrick's activity is necessarily ramping up since those fests could very well be announcing other artists.

Edited by shivroy

4 hours ago, jparx said:

It feels a bit ironic that the one time I did see Kendrick was actually subbing for Florence at BST in 2016, he's definitely a bigger get than her now but it's funny to think back on. Blood Orange -> Jamie XX -> Kendrick -> Florence was an A++ lineup even if it did hail during Jamie's set

27 minutes ago, shivroy said:

It feels a bit ironic that the one time I did see Kendrick was actually subbing for Florence at BST in 2016, he's definitely a bigger get than her now but it's funny to think back on. Blood Orange -> Jamie XX -> Kendrick -> Florence was an A++ lineup even if it did hail during Jamie's set

I'm not convinced that Kendrick is that big a deal in the UK now tbh. I seem to recall his 2020 BST show didn't sell very well, and I can't see that is stock has risen here since then. 

3 minutes ago, henry bear said:

I'm not convinced that Kendrick is that big a deal in the UK now tbh. I seem to recall his 2020 BST show didn't sell very well, and I can't see that is stock has risen here since then. 

To be fair he hasn’t really done much since that last BST gig.