2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

1 minute ago, NoBuses said:

Wasn't alive but don't think we will ever see a band the size of Oasis again on a mainstream basis, now radio stations and spotify etc have allowed more diversified tastes you don't get that cultural monolith bands 

They were a proper phenomenon culturally, especially 96-97 up to Be Here Now, which kinda burst the bubble a bit.

I genuinely recall Liam getting a haircut making the front pages of the tabloids.

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

They were a proper phenomenon culturally, especially 96-97 up to Be Here Now, which kinda burst the bubble a bit.

I genuinely recall Liam getting a haircut making the front pages of the tabloids.

I can't recall that level of fame for any bands bar 1D maybe but that was just because I was in Primary school

Just now, NoBuses said:

I can't recall that level of fame for any bands bar 1D maybe but that was just because I was in Primary school

i assume the only reason why people buy tickets for Harry Styles now is that they’re hoping the rest of the band walk out 👀 

33 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Apart from Emily liking this, the quote is interesting. "May next year be shining bright."

The quote on the Glastonbury merch line "Hope shines brightest in the dark" is a line Paul gave them permission to use from one of his songs.

Nailed on. Because clearly he used his new year message to give a direct hint about a festival he may be performing at.

IMG_3087.jpg?w=562&ssl=1

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, jump said:

They were big in the UK but only so-so in the world, Imagine Dragons are a bigger world wide band than Oasis were. 

Really? Surely you can't be for real about this? I mean, even at their worst, Oasis were selling out stadiums in South America

1 hour ago, jump said:

They were big in the UK but only so-so in the world, Imagine Dragons are a bigger world wide band than Oasis were. 

Yeah this is a weird statement. Whats the Story did 22 million sales world wide with 4 million of them being in the UK/ 3 million being in the US. Imagine Dragons have under 11 million album sales world wide... 

5 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

Yeah this is a weird statement. Whats the Story did 22 million sales world wide with 4 million of them being in the UK/ 3 million being in the US. Imagine Dragons have under 11 million album sales world wide... 

Oasis don't even make the biggest selling artist list on wiki whilst Imagine Dragons have in the era of where you don't sale music anymore. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_music_artists

1 hour ago, jump said:

I agree with the "so-so" part although I'll refrain from commenting on Imagine Dragons.  Oasis is just some band from forever-ago in the US. 

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Oasis were synonymous with Brit pop and once Be here now came out that was the end of Brit pop. Shame really, Listening to Noel's remaster of "Do you know what I mean?" released that the album had potential but the brothers needed a break before their 3rd.

36 minutes ago, aj6658 said:

Oasis were synonymous with Brit pop and once Be here now came out that was the end of Brit pop. Shame really, Listening to Noel's remaster of "Do you know what I mean?" released that the album had potential but the brothers needed a break before their 3rd.

They needed a break from the gak for sure. Whole album is one long ode to excessive cocaine use.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, reflekting said:

Beady Eye's second album was far better than anything Liam has produced solo. Big fan of this one in particular -

I think BE was decent, looking back. Some stinkers but some standouts, that song included.

I think that Why Me? Why Not is better though. Singles like Once and One Of Us are top drawer. I think that album might be actually what cemented him as a solo artist - I feel like people actually talked about songs on this one rather than just putting up with them (like Wall of Glass). All You're Dreaming Of isn't on any album but might be one of the best songs he's done ever.

I could see him headlining Glastonbury solo in this decade. He's gonna stay at this level for a couple of albums more and the Oasis talk will fade away for a while. And it'll probably go down well, the announcement and the performance.

Liam's live vocals are also great at the moment, the best he's been for years and years. This TRNSMT set from last year was absolutely killer.

His wife's got him in shape, cleaned him up, made him take care of himself and he's sorting his voice out – it's really working. Having a decent, reliable live show now is really helping his brand and being able to sell tickets.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Liam's live vocals are also great at the moment, the best he's been for years and years. This TRNSMT set from last year was absolutely killer.

His wife's got him in shape, cleaned him up, made him take care of himself and he's sorting his voice out – it's really working. Having a decent, reliable live show now is really helping his brand and being able to sell tickets.

I've seen Oasis on a number of occasions going back to about 95. The last time was at the Ethiad where they were terrible, his voice was terrible. I said i wouldnt seem him / them again but did end up drunkenly watching him at Glastonbury but agree, his voice is much better there

Edited by Stretlow

49 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Definitely sounds in fine voice there, his backing band seem to have improved too. Saw him support the Stones in London when he was first coming back as a solo artist and his band sounded terrible. Like a third rate Oasis tribute act.

• Like 1