2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

23 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Maybe he couldn’t confirm for them when they needed to lock their headliners down… who knows. It is a bit of a weird one. 

How did none of us mention that Longitude have their entire lineup TBA and Kendrick was down to play in 2020? I don’t think anyone picked up on that at all.

165DACF6-CADD-4C31-86D4-8C041F3192E0.gif

I posted a couple of months back that several of the festivals he was due to play haven’t announced yet/still have space for headliners, including Longitude, much to my own dismay as someone not going in 2022.

33 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

To early to be speculating about Kendrick setlists?

I just want this. In full.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/kendrick-lamar/2021/las-vegas-festival-grounds-las-vegas-nv-538ad389.html

Its a fantastic set list but I can't see this happening at Glastonbury, especially with a new album.

I see a set list more like this: https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/kendrick-lamar/2018/little-johns-farm-reading-england-13e83d51.html

But with less DAMN tracks for new album tracks, the older colab songs for some of the newer ones. Along with a longer set time 21-22 songs. I imagine we'll get DNA, Humble and Loyalty from DAMN. I just want Blacker the berry and Alright. With a very rare chance of These Walls. 

55 minutes ago, discgoesmic said:

Great setlist, I would hope maybe some new stuff if we have a new album by then? He's been riding DAMN for 5 years now.

Because I’ve never seen Kendrick before I’d be perfectly happy with a career to date set.

Hopefully any new stuff doesn’t push the S80/GKMC material out too much.

5 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Because I’ve never seen Kendrick before I’d be perfectly happy with a career to date set.

Hopefully any new stuff doesn’t push the S80/GKMC material out too much.

I have a feeling we wont get a lot of S80, but I imagine most of the new album will push out DAMN songs. 

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

To early to be speculating about Kendrick setlists?

I just want this. In full.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/kendrick-lamar/2021/las-vegas-festival-grounds-las-vegas-nv-538ad389.html

this is the one. however my fav kendrick songs are sing about me, element, XXX, cartoons and cereal (which he will never play) and wesley's theory. man i really really wished he did those kunta groove sessions in the UK, but oh well. 

36 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

LOVE and LOYALTY have been massive on tik tok. They will make the setlist.

I think we’re at a point now where - with a few exceptions - we realise that a song ‘blowing up’ on TikTok means very little. Simply because of how many songs do that and how little a short snippet of background music develops any attachment to the song or the artist.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I think we’re at a point now where - with a few exceptions - we realise that a song ‘blowing up’ on TikTok means very little. Simply because of how many songs do that and how little a short snippet of background music develops any attachment to the song or the artist.

What so you mean people won’t be doing the dance at the pyramid field?

20 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

He does this to get the papers talking because he knows the papers will think he’s reforming oasis. It’s marketing.

Lol nobody thought he was reforming Oasis before his two nights at Knebworth. People clearly do actually like him more than just as an Oasis stopgap anyway so I don’t think that’s the anticipation anymore. Cmon you know x

Lol nobody thought he was reforming Oasis before his two nights at Knebworth. People clearly do actually like him more than just as an Oasis stopgap anyway so I don’t think that’s the anticipation anymore. Cmon you know x

I had a few mates send me the tweet thinking it was about Oasis. Very few people follow this as intense as we do 

Quite a lot of people don’t know he’s doing Knebworth and don’t keep track of him. However they will be first in the queue if something oasis drops.

Edited by Matt42

5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I had a few mates send me the tweet thinking it was about Oasis. Very few people follow this as intense as we do 

Quite a lot of people don’t know he’s doing Knebworth and don’t keep track of him. However they will be first in the queue if something oasis drops.

Really? That’s weird. His albums and songs have been huge, he’s sold hundreds of thousands of tickets… yet he’s only scratched the surface of the Oasis appeal? Scary.

Scary.

Really? That’s weird. His albums and songs have been huge, he’s sold hundreds of thousands of tickets… yet he’s only scratched the surface of the Oasis appeal? Scary.

Scary.

I’m still convinced a lot of people buy tickets to his shows just in case he brings out Noel.

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I’m still convinced a lot of people buy tickets to his shows just in case he brings out Noel.

Nonsense. You're being very condescending to his fans, of which there are many, many genuine ones. And they aren't naive idiots who splash their cash because of a clickbaity headline on NME's Twitter page.