2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

Looking at festi leaks the majority of mainland Europe festivals still feel very uncertain on whether they can go ahead. I can’t see many of them agreeing to wait until the wire for one act when their priority is to get tickets sold. I think general concerns around COVID will have played a big factor in whether festivals would wait for Kendrick.

22 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Looking at festi leaks the majority of mainland Europe festivals still feel very uncertain on whether they can go ahead. I can’t see many of them agreeing to wait until the wire for one act when their priority is to get tickets sold. I think general concerns around COVID will have played a big factor in whether festivals would wait for Kendrick.

Exactly. After two years of cancellations what they needed was acts confirmed and tickets on sale.

Hopefully yesterday’s announcements will allow the festival to give US and foreign acts a lot more certainty over the festival going ahead and the lack of restrictions on it.

11 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Exactly. After two years of cancellations what they needed was acts confirmed and tickets on sale.

Hopefully yesterday’s announcements will allow the festival to give US and foreign acts a lot more certainty over the festival going ahead and the lack of restrictions on it.

Majority of these festivals had 90% of their lineups out in September. I can’t see them agreeing to wait until Feb or March to drop a headliner in this current climate.

Is there not an argument too that some of these festivals wanted to get tickets on sale asap as a quick cash injection, just in case it has to cancel again? Some people would hold onto their tickets so it’s a decent way of getting cash in the bank.

Edited by Matt42

On 1/18/2022 at 4:43 PM, Billy Corgan's Ego said:

Billie, Macca and Kendrick...

Grim. But it's Glastonbury so it's still going to be exceptional 

grim. nothing will stop eillish looking like a trip out for the local infant school.

6 minutes ago, Miyn said:

If coachella booked their headliners last minute, and Neil's info originates before then, and supposedly Kendrick was asked to play, why would he have said no?

Maybe his album won’t be ready/released in time for Coachella and he doesn’t want to play a bunch of unreleased material? I guess him only having headlined three festivals ago could also be a factor. Or maybe he’s feeling more comfortable with the UK’s handle on COVID over ‘muricas. Just spitballing, but there are a few reasons why this might be the case.

14 minutes ago, Neil said:

grim. nothing will stop eillish looking like a trip out for the local infant school.

Coachella and Glastonbury headliner amongst a huge worldwide tour Billie is unbothered 🤪

Youngest Glasto headliner of all time let’s gooooo

B8909BC9-62DD-4BF6-B49E-25823554C40B.gif

15 minutes ago, Miyn said:

If coachella booked their headliners last minute, and Neil's info originates before then, and supposedly Kendrick was asked to play, why would he have said no?

If he plans to drop the album in June then a show in April won’t work.

When he dropped DAMN he dropped it a few days before doing a string of festivals. It seems to be how he likes to do things.

Edited by Matt42

6 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Maybe he’s not ready? Maybe he’s locked in for somewhere else in the US like the Governor’s Ball.

I don’t want to get burnt again but if he does drop his album in June and then does Governors Ball, Glastonbury and a few other shows in EU before heading back to the states for Lolla etc in July that’s a pretty solid touring schedule. All of these events are TBA so there’s nothing to discount this is exactly what he’s doing. Cover as much of the world in a short burst as he can.

20 minutes ago, Miyn said:

They may have known he was coming out for Keem but he didn’t want to do a full headline set.

Thinking what the dates could be

10 - 12 June Governors Ball NY (USA)

*maybe some extra US dates?

22 - 26 June Glastonbury, Pilton (UK)

29 - 2 June/July, Opener (Poland)

1 - 3 July Longitude, (Ireland)

7 - 9 July Les Ardentes (Belgium)

Jul – 17 Jul 2022 - Ottawa Blues Festival (USA)

28 Jul – 31 Jul 2022 - Lollapalooza Chicago (USA)

This could 100% work for Kendrick. I just noticed Longitude in Ireland is still TBA with their lineup and he was down to play in 2020.

11 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Thinking what the dates could be

10 - 12 June Governors Ball NY (USA)

*maybe some extra US dates?

22 - 26 June Glastonbury, Pilton (UK)

29 - 2 June/July, Opener (Poland)

1 - 3 July Longitude, (Ireland)

7 - 9 July Les Ardentes (Belgium)

Jul – 17 Jul 2022 - Ottawa Blues Festival (USA)

28 Jul – 31 Jul 2022 - Lollapalooza Chicago (USA)

This could 100% work for Kendrick. I just noticed Longitude in Ireland is still TBA with their lineup and he was down to play in 2020.

Bu why isn't he playing Roskilde then? If there's one EU fest where he fits perfectly. And Roskilde have yet to announce their biggest names. 

2 minutes ago, misterplow said:

Bu why isn't he playing Roskilde then? If there's one EU fest where he fits perfectly. And Roskilde have yet to announce their biggest names. 

Maybe he couldn’t confirm for them when they needed to lock their headliners down… who knows. It is a bit of a weird one. 

How did none of us mention that Longitude have their entire lineup TBA and Kendrick was down to play in 2020? I don’t think anyone picked up on that at all.

165DACF6-CADD-4C31-86D4-8C041F3192E0.gif

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

To early to be speculating about Kendrick setlists?

I just want this. In full.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/kendrick-lamar/2021/las-vegas-festival-grounds-las-vegas-nv-538ad389.html

Great setlist, I would hope maybe some new stuff if we have a new album by then? He's been riding DAMN for 5 years now.