2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

36 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Not been on here for a couple of days. Has there been more info confirming Macca and Kenny?

One poster saying they’ve heard Kendrick from a hopefully reliable source and another heard Macca from a hopefully reliable source. Nothing concrete, but something else on top of what Neil has heard at least which is more than we’ve had from any other direction about any other act. 

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

One poster saying they’ve heard Kendrick from a hopefully reliable source and another heard Macca from a hopefully reliable source. Nothing concrete, but something else on top of what Neil has heard at least which is more than we’ve had from any other direction about any other act. 

Ah I’d missed that. Nice, more fuel to the fire. We need Macca confirmed for Saturday asap to end this Harry Styles chat. That Love post from the other day is giving me the heebie jeebies

I expect that the information was true at a point in time, and I hope it still is, but the sources reinforcing the info could potentially be working off what they heard pre-pullout so I’m too cautious to believe it ‘adds’ to what we’ve got.

Paul and Kendrick doing what could be their only shows of the summer - or even the year - at Glastonbury would be an amazing coup. But just reading it written down makes me think how far-fetched that might be.

I think we need some indication by February. Acts will know if they’re committed to playing shows this summer by then. Fingers crossed.

Edited by dentalplan

17 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I expect that the information was true at a point in time, and I hope it still is, but the sources reinforcing the info could potentially be working off what they heard pre-pullout so I’m too cautious to believe it ‘adds’ to what we’ve got.

Paul and Kendrick doing what could be their only shows of the summer - or even the year - at Glastonbury would be an amazing coup. But just reading it written down makes me think how far-fetched that might be.

I think we need some indication by February. Acts will know if they’re committed to playing shows this summer by then. Fingers crossed.

Opener in Poland sounds like they’ve got another headliner to announce. 

Kendrick was booked in 2020 and 2021.

Our man Ken says Rock Werchter are working on another TW Classic headliner too. We know Macca was down for that in 2020 but this year seemed to be Springsteen until he cancelled the tour, though I’m sure Ken said they still had something lined up for Macca. Hopefully he’s decided to tour and this is him finalising everything, it would fit in with him generally not sorting things too far in advance. 

5 hours ago, dentalplan said:

agreed with this, id be surprised if glastonbury had 2 completely exclusive headliners. February will be very telling I think

8 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Unless pull out was earlier this week I’ve no reason to believe what I’ve heard isn’t correct.

It pains me to say it as I wanted Taylor over Kendrick so badly.

The only nagging thought I have is that the days in which both Macca and Kenny are supposedly playing weren’t how I imagined it. Therefore I think I’m using that thought process to doubt what I’ve heard when apart from that there’s no reason to doubt its authenticity.

8 minutes ago, Jack The Stripper said:

Radio 2 toting Harry Styles and Liam Gallagher as “heading to Glastonbury” this morning 🤔

Zoe Ball just mentioned Styles tour dates and LG’s ‘big announcement’ today. Even said the words ‘could it be Billie Eilish?’ In her excitement. She’s hyping up speculation but doesn’t know anything. 

7 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Aren’t we still missing a BST headliner? Kendrick was booked for that too…

I think RW’s final headliner is a band according to brave sir…

I’ve checked the other threads and it looks like Les Ardentes is missing a headliner too. Kendrick was down for that in 2021 too.

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

I think RW’s final headliner is a band according to brave sir…

I’ve checked the other threads and it looks like Les Ardentes is missing a headliner too. Kendrick was down for that in 2021 too.

Which festivals for which Kendrick was headlining in 2021 no longer have him booked for 2022?

How many are left?

25 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Unless pull out was earlier this week I’ve no reason to believe what I’ve heard isn’t correct.

It pains me to say it as I wanted Taylor over Kendrick so badly.

The only nagging thought I have is that the days in which both Macca and Kenny are supposedly playing weren’t how I imagined it. Therefore I think I’m using that thought process to doubt what I’ve heard when apart from that there’s no reason to doubt its authenticity.

I really don’t think the days are an issue as Macca was Saturday last time. Kendrick on Sunday isn’t that weird if that is how it turns out.

Just now, kalifire said:

Which festivals for which Kendrick was headlining in 2021 no longer have him booked for 2022?

How many are left?

No longer booked or no longer have space?

We know he was doing Opener and Ardentes and both have a missing headliner. Don’t know about others. He is gone from RW and the others.

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

No longer booked or no longer have space?

We know he was doing Opener and Ardentes and both have a missing headliner. Don’t know about others. He is gone from RW and the others.

Just trying to get a sense of whether his activity in Europe is no longer happening, or whether that's just restricted to a few festivals who perhaps couldn't wait for him to confirm.

If there are several festivals he could still play - enough to justify travelling to Europe - I'll have more confidence he's playing the big G.

2 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Just trying to get a sense of whether his activity in Europe is no longer happening, or whether that's just restricted to a few festivals who perhaps couldn't wait for him to confirm.

If there are several festivals he could still play - enough to justify travelling to Europe - I'll have more confidence he's playing the big G.

It’s kinda hard to gauge some that don’t have space as some festivals book like 3 headliners a day

in my opinion the festivals to watch are the US ones that are tba in the weeks after Glastonbury. If Kendrick has to whisk away to do them I can see why Glasto would be a one off.

Edited by Matt42

Just now, kalifire said:

He left it late last year to confirm his plans for 21 to the point that many festivals moved on and booked other acts. Looks like he’s left it even later this year.

GF have done well to hold their nerve and wait, although you’d have to suspect they would have been given encouragement from Kendrick’s people to do so.

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

He left it late last year to confirm his plans for 21 to the point that many festivals moved on and booked other acts. Looks like he’s left it even later this year.

GF have done well to hold their nerve and wait, although you’d have to suspect they would have been given encouragement from Kendrick’s people to do so.

@dentalplanwill disagree but I think the initial plan was always for Kendrick to do Glastonbury and the other festivals in Europe booked him because they knew he was available.

If he was giving it a long time before confirming big G, I can see why the EU festivals would move on. If he won’t sign for the other EU festivals until big G is formed out.