2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

2 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

Could Wolf Alice do a secret set in JP or The Park? Big enough to be exciting but not so big they’d cause safety concerns.

I mean, they could, but I think it’s more likely they’ll be on the actual lineup. They’ve not played in a good while so there’s no real reason for their performance to be a secret (unlike, say, Foals in ‘19 when it would’ve been too soon for them to sub again). 

1 hour ago, chazwwe said:

Wolf Alice to be 3rd down on Pyramid is my guess then. Unless they're replacing Queens of the Stone Age to headline the Other Stage, but I feel like they'd get a small crowd going against Billie.

I think they would have a crowd. Its just if thats what theyre aiming at. Theres potential to have a clearer picture on of if people will take the chance on Billie or not after Coachella since youll have the clearest comparison for crowd size and production. If I come back and say that the sound was bad in person then theres no way itll be better at Glasto for example.

Edited by Suprefan

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

I have a feeling Wolf Alice aren’t playing.

I sure hope so. I need to see them play the latest record and I’ve just been assuming all along they’ll be on the farm. Might need to start looking to see them elsewhere just as a backup!

8 minutes ago, sisco said:

Yeah it does. Just wondered where all this they can only play Friday talk came from

If you dont have to take a red eye to another country for a gig, why do it? Especially in these times, like there isnt a need. In the end it is up to the band, but if youre their manager and youre taking into account their well being, you give em a day off to be able to travel and be ready for whats ahead. Why are you going to rush the support act of a major tour to have to be at a festival gig the night before?

Edited by Suprefan

1 minute ago, Suprefan said:

If you dont have to take a red eye to another country for a gig, why do it? Especially in these times, like there isnt a need. In the end it is up to the band, but if your their manager and youre taking into account their well being, you give em a day off to be able to travel and be ready for whats ahead. Why are you going to rush the support act of a major tour to have to be at a festival gig the night before?

Germany really isn't that far away from the UK. An hour and a half flight or so? A young act could easily play both countries one day after the other, without it exhausting them. 

27 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

I think they would have a crowd. Its just if thats what theyre aiming at. Theres potential to have a clearer picture on of if people will take the chance on Billie or not after Coachella since youll have the clearest comparison for crowd size and production. If I come back and say that the sound was bad in person then theres no way itll be better at Glasto for example.

I very much doubt the majority of the people going to Glastonbury will be waiting to watch her Coachella performance to see if they're going to see her or not. If thats not where you're coming from then I'm mistaken. The majority of people will be in 3 catagories.
A. Going to see.
B. Wont be seeing.
C. Will catch a few songs at the start and if they don't like go somehwere else. 

I’m a little confused by the no Wolf Alice talk - they’re free both Friday and Saturday and only in Germany Sunday.

Unless I’m missing something, that’s the exact same availability as Dua, who everyone is saying is playing?

edit - in fact, they’re in the UK before the festival, unlike Dua, so surely they’re even more likely than her?

Edited by mike46
Update

1 minute ago, mike46 said:

I’m a little confused by the no Wolf Alice talk - they’re free both Friday and Saturday and only in Germany Sunday.

Unless I’m missing something, that’s the exact same availability as Dua, who everyone is saying is playing?

The only person that said they wont be showing up is @Matt42