2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

1 minute ago, Gnomicide said:

I'd literally never heard of him until last week. Every instance of doing so since has been in one of your posts 😄

Kendrick has definitely backed him as a horse. I can’t say people were talking about him much until Kendrick picked him up.

Both him and Kendrick have put out my two favourite Hip Hop tracks of last year in my opinion. See below!

10 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Kendrick has definitely backed him as a horse. I can’t say people were talking about him much until Kendrick picked him up.

Both him and Kendrick have put out my two favourite Hip Hop tracks of last year in my opinion. See below!

Keem is Kendrick's younger cousin, would be surprised if he's not on the line up if Kendrick is. Had one of the best albums of the year for me last year

8 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

So just to be clear, are we SURE now that Kendrick is headlining? What exactly is the info that’s appeared in the last hour or so?

If I get my hopes up and they’re dashed again I be coming to the meet armed with my biggest shoe.

My read of it is that JoeyT is questioning the Kendrick info so I wouldn't say that we're sure?? Unless I missed something

5 minutes ago, shivroy said:

My read of it is that JoeyT is questioning the Kendrick info so I wouldn't say that we're sure?? Unless I missed something

He was questioning it because Macca is Saturday. But Kendrick being on the Sunday is a possibility we’ve been aware of for a while.

3 minutes ago, shivroy said:

I only question it due to the day he’s supposedly playing, which if memory serves me right has tended to be a day whereby the act has more general appeal than Kendrick has.

Info itself is from a good place so perhaps this is the year the festival breaks from the mould in that regard.

It does open up some questions though, he usually plays a short set doesn’t he? Does that open up Aerosmith beforehand? (No info in that regard just guessing)

Yeah in a normal year Kendrick might seem like an odd choice for the Sunday, but if Macca and/or Kendrick have specified the days they want to play and the other is happy to take the other day then so be it - the festival will’ve jumped through hoops to get those two back. Kendrick closing the festival will be so good. 

1 minute ago, JoeyT said:

I only question it due to the day he’s supposedly playing, which if memory serves me right has tended to be a day whereby the act has more general appeal than Kendrick has.

Info itself is from a good place so perhaps this is the year the festival breaks from the mould in that regard.

It does open up some questions though, he usually plays a short set doesn’t he? Does that open up Aerosmith beforehand? (No info in that regard just guessing)

Not questioning … well I am sort of … how accurate is the sauce and what info have they provided before … apologies if it’s been covered or I’m just forgetful.. or a mixture of the 2 

5 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah in a normal year Kendrick might seem like an odd choice for the Sunday, but if Macca and/or Kendrick have specified the days they want to play and the other is happy to take the other day then so be it - the festival will’ve jumped through hoops to get those two back. Kendrick closing the festival will be so good. 

Friday was the only day Billie could do so Kendrick moved to Sunday.

Of course Macca gets the big BBC Saturday slot.

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Not questioning … well I am sort of … how accurate is the sauce and what info have they provided before … apologies if it’s been covered or I’m just forgetful.. or a mixture of the 2 

We won’t know how accurate until it’s officially announced but I’m confident in where it’s from.

No info provided before (the last bit of solid info was in 2013 and from elsewhere) but circumstance has provided this.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Let’s not forget that Sunday options have been Ed Sheeran, Boy Better Know, and Justice once before. Just because it’s a Sunday doesn’t mean it needs to be Glasto Chat approved!

Yes Ed Sheeran probably the most widely popular artist in the world at the time he played.

23 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Harry Styles gonna be there instead of Kenny and everyones gonna riot. 🤣

I know there are a lot of Kendrick fans here but Harry would pull a way bigger crowd.Fingers crossed for Billie, McCartney, Styles or Taylor. 
Kendrick would, for me and the people I’m with, be a really disappointing headliner. Having said that I know there’ll be plenty of other places to be.