2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

15 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

So I asked lord Ken in the RW thread if he’d heard anything about Taylor Swift or Kendrick Lamar being on the June 2022 circuit 

“No idea, originally, Taylor planned to be back in 2022. But maybe this is also delayed. And Kendrick has his own agenda, and this changes 1000 times a year :-).”

What I think he means is Taylor didn’t plan to be back in 2021 but planned to be back in 2022.

@jparx

I think Ken said ages ago (last May?!) that Taylor was planning to do Mad Cool, Nos, Wercther etc in 2022 and skip 2021 due to the uncertainty. Sounds like he's probably had no new info since this time last year.

The wait goes on!

5 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Says ‘One night in Vegas. From Section. 80 to DAMN’ so making a point of confirming no new material for that show and that it’s possibly even just a one off. No baring on his headliner chances next year at all.

I love how he had to make clear to people not to expect new material 😂

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

On a related note… where is the new material??

There’s been numerous ‘it’s coming soon’ mentions from various rappers, producers and radio people over the past year but judging from that poster it doesn’t seem like anything new is on the near horizon.

Guessing he’s waiting until he can properly tour and promote it, so hopefully next year.

Edited by FloorFiller

46 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

So I asked lord Ken in the RW thread if he’d heard anything about Taylor Swift or Kendrick Lamar being on the June 2022 circuit 

“No idea, originally, Taylor planned to be back in 2022. But maybe this is also delayed. And Kendrick has his own agenda, and this changes 1000 times a year :-).”

What I think he means is Taylor didn’t plan to be back in 2021 but planned to be back in 2022.

@jparx

I remember Ken saying last year that he'd heard Kendrick hoped to tour in 2021, and Taylor was deffo sitting this year out with a view of resuming touring in 2022.

That said, if Kendrick is unable to play Europe this year, maybe he'll go for it in 2022 too.

Edited by henry bear

1 minute ago, henry bear said:

I remember Ken saying last year that he'd heard Kendrick hoped to tour in 2021, and Taylor was deffo sitting this year out with a view of resuming touring in 2022.

Kendrick booked dates for June 2021 before it all got canned again. It definitely sets the stage for all three headliners returning. 

20 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Excuse my ignorance: who is this Ken dude?

Not perfect, he does have the odd clunker, but he’s probably one of the most accurate sources for mainland Europe festival info on this site.

Not perfect but he gets some pretty large scoops and he’s clearly the first person to disclose it.

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Not perfect, he does have the odd clunker, but he’s probably one of the most accurate sources for mainland Europe festival info on this site.

Not perfect but he gets some pretty large scoops and he’s clearly the first person to disclose it.

Thank you Matthew. 

19 minutes ago, henry bear said:

He's obviously an industry insider, or close to somebody else that is, and seems quite happy to spill his guts regarding festival scoops, presumably much to the annoyance of festival organisers

He must know someone very close to RW as he said that it was a happy day in RW’s booking office when RATM signed for 2021.