2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

35 minutes ago, ProperTea said:

Has Gaga been ruled out? She's rescheduling The Chromatica Ball (which includes a UK date) to summer 2022.

Whats the source of the reschedule.

If you had an all female trio then you def cant have Dua go against one of them, so you either bump her up so you can get proper counterprogramming or place her as a potential sub.

Edited by Suprefan

8 hours ago, kingbadger said:

I count at least 10 agencies listed there, so your statement that 3 agencies control all the talent in the world is absolute horseshit. Can't you count? Thought you'd have at least done the digging and the research.

You understand that the big agencies get the biggest talent? Harry doesnt have Ground Control as his representation now does he. Its just like the  2 promoters that control the entire  live music industry. Youre gonna spew that theres a thousand other small ones that have a slice of the pie, but theyre not multi billion dollar conglomerates now are they. 

17 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Whats the source of the reschedule.

If you had an all female trio then you def cant have Dua go against one of them, so you either bump her up so you can get proper counterprogramming or place her as a potential sub.

Or have a top line of Billie / Dua / Gaga.

Obviously there are reasons why they'd shy away from that - but on the other hand it would be ace and fairly fucking balls out.

Not that I think sale metrics are a good indicator of someone's headline status but it seems to be mentioned a fair bit. Liam has had 2 number 1 solo albums and a number 1 live album. His singles have not done as well but to suggest that people just turn up to his show with hope of big brother showing up seems odd to me.

His music is constantly played on the big rock radio stations. I've never personally gone out of my way to listen to him and im pretty sure I know all the words to all of his solo singles. Now am I pleased by that fact? No, but my brain can't deny a ear worm it appears and people seem to be buying/listening enough to get them to the top of the pops.

Edited by Slugy

But - more importantly - if I was booking the El Pointo line up there's a good chance I'd bring his 2019 set into consideration. 

I'm sure plenty of people left the field happy with him as a sub, but it wouldn't have been a great headliner effort, and I'm not sure what he'd do differently if he was further up the bill.

27 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

But - more importantly - if I was booking the El Pointo line up there's a good chance I'd bring his 2019 set into consideration. 

I'm sure plenty of people left the field happy with him as a sub, but it wouldn't have been a great headliner effort, and I'm not sure what he'd do differently if he was further up the bill.

Exactly this. 

The Oasis tunes were “moments”. His solo stuff was an opportunity to grab a drink or go to the toilet. 

And I’m not someone who hates his solo material, it’s just not headliner worthy. 

I watched his Reading headline gig last year and for one tune where Noel would usually sing the chorus, they had the lyrics on the big screen and let the crowd go into karaoke mode whilst Liam had a sip on his beer.

That’s not what we want to see on El Pointo. 

It’s widely speculated in gaga’s fanbase that these dates are not being rescheduled. She was interviewed in the run up to house of Gucci about the chromatica ball and she gave the interviewer a look like “err that’s not happening”.

I will try and find it but I saw it on a gaga fan tik tok. Does anyone else know what I mean?

In short it’s likely that this tour isn’t going ahead.

34 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

It’s widely speculated in gaga’s fanbase that these dates are not being rescheduled. She was interviewed in the run up to house of Gucci about the chromatica ball and she gave the interviewer a look like “err that’s not happening”.

I will try and find it but I saw it on a gaga fan tik tok. Does anyone else know what I mean?

If that’s the case, it would be nice to actually refund people they knew it wasn’t going ahead rather than stringing them along. It was certainly worrying when they didn’t propose a new date like they did the first time it was postponed.

36 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Really? A colleague is a massive Gaga fan is very much under the impression they’re gonna get rescheduled

2 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Really? A colleague is a massive Gaga fan is very much under the impression they’re gonna get rescheduled

No, I'm very confident they're going to get scrapped. As a fan and someone that still holds two tickets for one of the dates, I can tell she's got zero interest in playing live at the moment, particularly these sorts of scale shows and she wouldn't give a fuck about doing something like Glastonbury right now unless they gave her a huge cheque. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if she pivoted to acting full time at some point over the next few years.

LiveNation and Gaga have creamed off a lot of interest off this ticket money being held in the bank over two years and this constant "lol yeah might happen in 2022 stay tuned!!!" has pissed off a lot of fans.

4 hours ago, Euphoricape said:

Any news on whether the chats are looking likely again? Would be great fun live.

they're playing a couple of dates in the UK in late march (not sure what this indicates for a glasto appearance, but i agree they'd be loads of fun live!) 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

found it  - see comments 

This.. really wasn't worth the time spent digging out. A single facial expression in an interview about an entirely different subject doesn't confirm anything other than what you project onto it.

Most fans know it's not going ahead, and even casual observers can look at the fact that no dates have been firmed up for this summer to see they're eventually going to go "sorry due to covid we weren't meant to make it happen". They'll have probably accrued millions in interest by then while fans yet again lose out.

She's been mentally checked out of live performance and touring for a few years at this point and I can't see that changing any time soon now she's into acting.

45 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

they're playing a couple of dates in the UK in late march (not sure what this indicates for a glasto appearance, but i agree they'd be loads of fun live!) 

I have tickets for one of those dates (London), but I'm not 100% convinced it will happen as it's been rescheduled twice now. Are they definitely going to be in the country?