2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Headlining or not, Glastonbury deserves to have What Makes You Beautiful blaring out over the Pyramid field, as I think we can all agree without a shadow of a doubt that it’s the greatest song ever.

Shameful missed opportunity here. It’s the best song ever:

35 minutes ago, Miyn said:

There was just as many complaining about the poster design than there were complaining about the lineup in 2020. People will always moan, and most of the time it's the people who don't have tickets.

This is exactly it. Most of the people moaning about the lineup are the same ones moaning about the punters in Daily Mail comments sections

5 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

I'm surprised Coachella didn't manage to get Olivia Rodrigo though. With her tour it would be nuts if Glastonbury got her and not Coachella.  

It looks like they're letting her have some lower-key live touring experience before hitting festivals, probably with album two, which seems extremely sensible rather than trying to cash in immediately.

2 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Doesnt bother me too too much. Yes, I am wildy upset no Rage, but I cant control Zach's decision making. They have 3 other festivals with all the guitars you can handle anyway.

Lets get into the spicy stuff. They updated their pricing. Tier 4 ga and vip is what theyll be selling Friday along with Tier 2 GA w/ shuttle. And Weekend 1 is sold out. Glasto still a bargain for years to come. That list doesnt even include Safari Tents or Platinum Estates.

wgmvmtcEARqCxEovWphm2nyjLwVp562UR1OODWtC.jpeg

Wow. A convenience fee for the same price as I paid for a Primavera weekend ticket. Madness.

2 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Doesnt bother me too too much. Yes, I am wildy upset no Rage, but I cant control Zach's decision making. They have 3 other festivals with all the guitars you can handle anyway.

Lets get into the spicy stuff. They updated their pricing. Tier 4 ga and vip is what theyll be selling Friday along with Tier 2 GA w/ shuttle. And Weekend 1 is sold out. Glasto still a bargain for years to come. That list doesnt even include Safari Tents or Platinum Estates.

wgmvmtcEARqCxEovWphm2nyjLwVp562UR1OODWtC.jpeg

So if I'm reading this right, a GA ticket + shuttle bus is £500 and that doesn't include an onsite locker or camping.

Holy crap, I knew it was expensive but damn. 

5 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

So if I'm reading this right, a GA ticket + shuttle bus is £500 and that doesn't include an onsite locker or camping.

Holy crap, I knew it was expensive but damn. 

I'd love to go one year but it's hard to justify the price of a holiday on top of the price of a holiday. It's obscene, but there's obviously a demand. No doubt, it'll sell out.

@Suprefan having never been, I don't want to pre-judge, but do the high ticket (and other item) costs shape the demographic? Obviously we see what we see on Instagram and pop culture commentary, but is it predominantly full of rich kids, or is that an unfair assessment?

21 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Yes that’s who we think

What if I was to say Calvin Harris is going to be onsite, you'd place him as an Other Stage headliner, right? Even if what you'd heard placed him elsewhere...

With that in mind demographic wise you'd probably expect someone more appealing to the *cough* older generation on the Pyramid? Lending weight to Macca being one of the remaining Pyramid Stage headliners?

3 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I'd love to go one year but it's hard to justify the price of a holiday on top of the price of a holiday. It's obscene, but there's obviously a demand. No doubt, it'll sell out.

@Suprefan having never been, I don't want to pre-judge, but do the high ticket (and other item) costs shape the demographic? Obviously we see what we see on Instagram and pop culture commentary, but is it predominantly full of rich kids, or is that an unfair assessment?

I'm aware festivals in America are a bit more costly to go anyway, so I assume people look at it as 'the big one' and go for it. Which is why it always used to surprise me when I told my friends that I was going to Glastonbury and they were still going to Reading and they just assumed it'd be 2x the price. 

Just now, JoeyT said:

What if I was to say Calvin Harris is going to be onsite, you'd place him as an Other Stage headliner, right? Even if what you'd heard placed him elsewhere...

With that in mind demographic wise you'd probably expect someone more appealing to the *cough* older generation on the Pyramid? Lending weight to Macca being one of the remaining Pyramid Stage headliners?

You could easily swap Dua/Queens of the stone age (who I dont personally think will be back) So you have Macca going up against Dua and Queens going up against Kendrick(if we're going that Kendrick is still there and is moved to sunday) I think that shifts the crowds really well. 

3 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

You could easily swap Dua/Queens of the stone age (who I dont personally think will be back) So you have Macca going up against Dua and Queens going up against Kendrick(if we're going that Kendrick is still there and is moved to sunday) I think that shifts the crowds really well. 

QOTSA are already up against Billie, which is pretty good split.

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

QOTSA are already up against Billie, which is pretty good split.

My mistake I was going off what Matt had put in the quoted tweet who had them 3rd. Yeah thats a great split and in all honesty, depending on what the reviews of Billies shows are like over the next few months will be a difficult one. 

11 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Yes I would… hmm. What does this mean for Dua and Pet Shop boys though?

14 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Pretty sure I remember hearing that Calvin Harris was due to headline Arcadia at the 2020 festival under his 'Love Regenerator' alter ego