2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

Who cares what people on Reddit think? You need to remember that a few people whinging on a message board does not mean the masses felt that way. You could surely counter the Reddit views by the majority of folk on here saying it was one of the best lineups the festival had ever put together. 

Every corner of the internet will always have folk moaning. I daresay a trio of Oasis/Led Zep/Pink Floyd would have elicited complaints about it being full of dinosaurs. There will never be a lineup that's universally popular.

Yeah you are right - it just irks me a lot of people have plenty to say about the lineup but never declare who they would prefer.

6 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

You say this but Harry, Billie, Kanye is a guaranteed sell out. So maybe there is an aspect of underestimating their size?

This will almost definitely sell out in a flash.

There arent  really any tickets to sell on friday. Theyre only selling weekend 2 and thats going to be next to nothing in terms of allotment. They only had half to even sell back in June as it is.

Bottlerock Sold out their weekend tickets in a few hours yesterday. Its not even that big of a fest at  just 40,000. 

34 minutes ago, Jack The Stripper said:

Imagine buying a Coachella ticket for Rage and getting Harry Styles though.

Theres plenty of those people. Also you need to consider the tour is in total jeopardy because of the  choice they made. So imagine if you bought a ticket to a solo gig 2 years ago and your money has been held up this whole time and then they scrap it all. The Reading/Leeds ticket holders arent going to be as upset as the others at least.

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

Emily and Nick are though … so likely to be wanting to do whilst Micheal is able to get about … he’s not getting any younger 

Yeah but I’m confused what the argument is? It’s as if Emily and Nick wouldn’t book any heritage acts… when they had Macca, Diana Ross, Aerosmith, Pet Shop Boys all lined up for 2020.

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

So you think Glasto should be booking more of Michaels favourite acts but you can’t list any of these acts?

er, how did you get to that

I dont think Glastonbury should be booking more of Michael's favourite acts

What I was suggesting is that there are bound to be acts that MIchael has always wanted......and if they get chance to book them, surely that will be a focus over the next few years

no idea who these would be but would guess they aren't those mentioned right now

5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Yeah you are right - it just irks me a lot of people have plenty to say about the lineup but never declare who they would prefer.

That's just human nature though, unless it's perfectly and specifically tailored to an individual's personal taste there will always be cause to complain.

I often look through other festivals or some of the full predictions on here on think "ooh, there's a lot on there that wouldn't be for me".

Haven't seen what others thought yet on the Coachella line up (will read through) but from the looks of it. The top 2 lines, aren't great, personally, there's maybe 4-5 acts that I would actually go and see. However as you go down the line up there's a lot of hidden gems and some really fun stuff, but there's a lot who I just have NO idea who they are and its really weird as I feel fairly up to date with music. 

3 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Initial reaction was fairly positive to the 2020 line-up. 

Yes there are people moaning, always are, but in amongst the complaints about neck ache and covid, there was plenty of positivity.

Lmao can we not post old Emily tweets in this thread this gave me a heart attack.

Do we think there are many (any?) big acts that have a tour lined up pending the Covid situation, and maybe making a go/no-go call on it in Feb/early March? Macca could obviously fall in to that bracket, as an act who is probably feeling a bit cautious about Covid and wanting to wait until much closer to the time to commit. Glastonbury having the least pressure to get names out there might give them the wiggle room here to secure their first choices by just waiting a bit longer to reveal them. And I'm sure acts will feel much more confident about playing shows ago as we get in to the Spring.

12 minutes ago, Justcalledtosay said:

Eavii have mentioned Fleetwood Mac quite a few times but it appears they won’t accept the lower fee.

Prior to Covid and the latest round of band implosions the impression was that the Mac and Glastonbury were cosying up to each other. Emily made a few comments about them, Mick Fleetwood made his "see you in a muddy field" comment on stage and either Stevie or Christine (can't remember who) said something along the lines of "we'll have to play Glastonbury or we'll never be forgiven".

I always suspected that there was something there, an informal arrangement along the lines of "next time we tour we'll do it". Whether that still holds now is another question.

Edited by Hugh Jass
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Florian Saucer Attack said:

Kanye's performance at Coachella could be really insufferable if he is still deep into his Christian phase. I could see him only playing his Christian songs and then trying to baptise the entire audience after a 15 minute rant about Jesus

Either way it will be carnage. His Larry Hoover show was huge setlist wise.

I think we have to worry more about begging Kim to come back to him over the Christian stuff right now tbh.

49 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Lovely to see all the people browsing this thread 🙂 

Coachella is that January boost to the festival season we need every year.

Parklife, other US festivals, EU festival announcements - we’ve got a lot to come in the next few weeks!

Edited by Matt42