2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

10 minutes ago, not worthy said:

This is going to be the overdue 50th birthday Glastonbury

With Billie and possibly the frog chorus, isn't the 3rd just possibly going to be a Michael wish/bucket list act?

Who would be in the running in that category

Well we know what the 50th lineup was last time so why would they do that now?

The 50th was a celebration but it was a normal Glastonbury lineup with a few extra surprises sprinkled in.

1 minute ago, not worthy said:

why.....time/opportunity?

It’s not the 50th anymore, they should park it and move on.

Plus the whole chat circling the 50th got a bit intense at times. Almost as if Glastonbury couldn’t book anyone that would satisfy the “this is underwhelming for the 50th” brigade. A living beatle, Diana Ross, Taylor Swift and Aerosmith / Kendrick wasn’t considered enough. They best move on from it because people had unreal expectations.

Just now, MaxPower said:

Couldn’t imagine going to coachella size+cost festival and it being headlined by Harry Styles and 2022 Kanye. Jeezo hope that isn’t an indication for Glastonbury.

You say this but Harry, Billie, Kanye is a guaranteed sell out. So maybe there is an aspect of underestimating their size?

This will almost definitely sell out in a flash.

18 minutes ago, not worthy said:

This is going to be the overdue 50th birthday Glastonbury

With Billie and possibly the frog chorus, isn't the 3rd just possibly going to be a Michael wish/bucket list act?

Who would be in the running in that category

It's not, it's been and gone.

Friend of mine turned 40 in lockdown one, we're all meeting up in March to celebrate her 42nd, not her 40th. 

Just now, Matt42 said:

It’s not the 50th anymore, they should park it and move on.

Plus the whole chat circling the 50th got a bit intense at times. Almost as if Glastonbury couldn’t book anyone that would satisfy the “this is underwhelming for the 50th” brigade. A living beatle, Diana Ross, Taylor Swift and Aerosmith / Kendrick wasn’t considered enough. They best move on from it because people had unreal expectations.

Who wasn’t it considered enough by ? The online chat ? We all know people are never happy … nothing enlightening there … might not be the 50th … but it’s the first one back after covid and I’d like them to get the biggest acts back for the worlds best party … 

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

Who wasn’t it considered enough by ? The online chat ? We all know people are never happy … nothing enlightening there … might not be the 50th … but it’s the first one back after covid and I’d like them to get the biggest acts back for the worlds best party … 

Reddit was pretty underwhelmed with the lineup. Quite often there you see “I would have expected more from the 50th”.

It may just be trolling but often they can never quite put their finger on what “more” is. Most of the time though “more” is a subtle code for “Oasis”.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

You say this but Harry, Billie, Kanye is a guaranteed sell out. So maybe there is an aspect of underestimating their size?

This will almost definitely sell out in a flash.

Nah, they’re commercially massive, I’d just be raging - that is a dreadful headlining trio (no offence to Billie). 

Love Kanye, saw him live the year he did Glastonbury and it was brilliant, but I’d probs not pay any money to see this version. And Harry Styles? Gosh. 

Comfortably the worst headlining trio they’ve ever had. 

Edited by MaxPower

Just now, Matt42 said:

Reddit was pretty underwhelmed with the lineup. Quite often there you see “I would have expected more from the 50th”.

It may just be trolling but often they can never quite put their finger on what “more” is. Most of the time though “more” is a subtle code for “Oasis”.

That’s the same every year though … 

4 minutes ago, not worthy said:

what's Reddit

I guess the thought is that any unresolved headliners that Michael has always wanted are bound to be getting more focus as time moves on

Like who? Michaels barely involved in the booking process now.

Edited by Matt42

6 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Who cares what people on Reddit think? You need to remember that a few people whinging on a message board does not mean the masses felt that way. You could surely counter the Reddit views by the majority of folk on here saying it was one of the best lineups the festival had ever put together. 

Every corner of the internet will always have folk moaning. I daresay a trio of Oasis/Led Zep/Pink Floyd would have elicited complaints about it being full of dinosaurs. There will never be a lineup that's universally popular.

• Upvote 1