2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

7 hours ago, curse these metal hands said:

I don't really see the Superbowl having any impact on the Glasto announcement. Kendrick will probably get around 10/ 15 mins max and I cant imagine the viewing figures are particularly high in the UK for the Superbowl half time show. Don't get how that would warrant enough hype to save the announcement till then

You understand there are 5 artists billed for the Halftime show? Thats not counting any surprises they might have. He will get 2 minutes to himself at most out of the 13-15 mins that its supposed to be in total length. He is also billed last out of everyone on top of that. Dre and Snoop are def getting the most air time overall. Shakira and Jennifer Lopez performed for 6 mins each and then did 2 mins together with the 14  mins given to them when they were there 2 years ago.  So do some math and consider that a performer getting 2 mins of airtime isnt the end all be all to holding a festival hostage when it comes to announcing them. Coachella offered Kendrick the headline spot that Rage left open and he turned it down. Doubt the NFL said he wasnt allowed to do such a thing. Its not as if it was going to decrease the value or ratings  somehow. 

Dre is obviously the star of the show and I’d imagine that Snoop and Eminem will be wheeled out to do Still/Forgot About Dre.

Blige comes out then to do Family Affair with him.

Not sure where Kendrick fits in, he’s done tracks with Dre before but nothing massive a casual audience would know… unless he’s got a new one that features Dre heavily.

Edited by Hugh Jass
  • Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

You understand there are 5 artists billed for the Halftime show? Thats not counting any surprises they might have. He will get 2 minutes to himself at most out of the 13-15 mins that its supposed to be in total length. He is also billed last out of everyone on top of that. Dre and Snoop are def getting the most air time overall. Shakira and Jennifer Lopez performed for 6 mins each and then did 2 mins together with the 14  mins given to them when they were there 2 years ago.  So do some math and consider that a performer getting 2 mins of airtime isnt the end all be all to holding a festival hostage when it comes to announcing them. Coachella offered Kendrick the headline spot that Rage left open and he turned it down. Doubt the NFL said he wasnt allowed to do such a thing. Its not as if it was going to decrease the value or ratings  somehow. 

You know they say that all men are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Supre and you can see that statement is not true. See, normally if you go one on one with another poster, you got a 50/50 chance of winning. But I'm a genetic freak and I'm not normal! So you got a 25%, AT BEST, at beat me. Then you add Hugh Jass to the mix, your chances of winning drastic go down. See the 3 way at Glastonbury, you got a 33 1/3 chance of winning, but I, I got a 66 and 2/3 chance of winning, because Hugh Jass KNOWS he can't beat me and he's not even gonna try!
So Supre, you take your 33 1/3 chance, minus my 25% chance and you got an 8 1/3 chance of winning at Glastonbury. But then you take my 75% chance of winning, if we was to go one on one, and then add 66 2/3 per cents, I got 141 2/3 chance of winning at Glastonbury. See Supre, the numbers don't lie, and they spell disaster for you at Glastonbury.

f3PYsMmhHG3ytC0SQhr3ZTgtIy5uqwrSux97QSqNe8M.jpg.8c3da2eeee51b287ba8f20c8a3b938c4.jpg

Edited by kingbadger
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 11

30 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Dre is obviously the star of the show and I’d imagine that Snoop and Eminem will be wheeled out to do Still/Forgot About Dre.

Bilge comes out then to do Family Affair with him.

Not sure where Kendrick fits in, he’s done tracks with Dre before but nothing massive a casual audience would know… unless he’s got a new one that features Dre heavily.

Blige will do Family Affair alone. Not much Dre can do in that performance. Similarly, I think Kendrick will just play solo and perform most of Humble as part of a big medley, as that is his 'big' song.

The songs in the trailer were: Rap God > The Next Episode > Family Affair > Humble > Still DRE > California Love. I think one of those could get tossed for Forgot About Dre but it should be mostly the same as that. I thought a new song could be in the mix but it'd be pretty much a debut of the song at this point and that might be a poor choice considering the quality of the other songs.

But yeah, obviously Kendrick's not going to steal the show, looking at that barrage of hits. Still gonna be good tho.

Edited by dentalplan

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Blige will do Family Affair alone. Not much Dre can do in that performance. Similarly, I think Kendrick will just play solo and perform most of Humble as part of a big medley, as that is his 'big' song.

The songs in the trailer were: Rap God > The Next Episode > Family Affair > Humble > Still DRE > California Love. I think one of those could get tossed for Forgot About Dre but it should be mostly the same as that. I thought a new song could be in the mix but it'd be pretty much a debut of the song at this point and that might be a poor choice considering the quality of the other songs.

But yeah, obviously Kendrick's not going to steal the show, looking at that barrage of hits. Still gonna be good tho.

Snoop and Eminem are clearly just there to do the songs they have with Dre so wouldn’t I expect to see Rap God or any of their own stuff make the cut (I’d love to see Dre and Eminem do Guilty Conscience together but that’s not quite appropriate for a what is still a family show).

Edited by Hugh Jass

5 hours ago, kingbadger said:

Would love it if they just held the NFL hostage and just carried on and did another 10-15 mins on top of the scheduled show. The heat would be nuclear but it would be amazing.

The heat would be as warm as an outdoor February scene in LA where someone pulls the plug unfortunately

10 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Blige comes out then to do Family Affair with him.

If you saw Eminem at Wembley you basically saw this show anyway. 

3 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

So if Harry Styles is headlining it would have to be Saturday as Sunday he is in Germany. 

Is this not a tall ask to get back to Germany to play a stadium. I guess it's possible and been done before? 

Yeah it’s been mentioned. His tour has plenty of gaps between shows in different countries but people are dismissing it because, as it’s a festival show, it apparently means he is the only one who needs to be on site and his stage setup, crew, dancers, whatever can just go to Germany.

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah it’s been mentioned. His tour has plenty of gaps between shows in different countries but people are dismissing it because, as it’s a festival show, it apparently means he is the only one who needs to be on site and his stage setup, crew, dancers, whatever can just go to Germany.

If his stage set up is the exact same as his festival one then yeah it'd be difficult, but there's nothing stopping him from having a different one/slightly stripped back. 

I guess maybe they’ve had the tour scheduled that way for a while and the Glasto possibility is new so they’re just planning to make it work. 

I don’t think he’s doing it anyway I think they’ve just seen an opportunity (dab down Kendrick RIP old son) and are putting his name about for it. 

1 minute ago, the wonderwhy said:

I guess maybe they’ve had the tour scheduled that way for a while and the Glasto possibility is new so they’re just planning to make it work. 

I don’t think he’s doing it anyway I think they’ve just seen an opportunity (dab down Kendrick RIP old son) and are putting his name about for it. 

Same line of thinking but could’ve been down for some kinda special guest slot on Friday and then the headline slot frees up and it’s a choice between sticking in his current slot or taking the headline slot even if it means less than idea back-to-back gigs.

Long sentence that.

55 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

If his stage set up is the exact same as his festival one then yeah it'd be difficult, but there's nothing stopping him from having a different one/slightly stripped back. 

But then would something more stripped back be adequate enough to headline the Pyramid?

I was convinced it was Harry but now I’m thinking about it in more detail I’m starting to have a few doubts, like many I think.