2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

39 minutes ago, sisco said:

So what do we actually know

Headers - Billie for certain and then only Neil’s info for Macca and Kendrick (literally nothing else linking them to it)

Subs - well we didn’t know all 3 last time and with Lana looking unlikely it seems that only Noel is fairly certain

Special Guests/Legend - Aerosmith and Di Ro seem certain

Other - QOTSA (Neil’s info alongside hearing about Billie) and PSB certainly seem like 2 of them.  3rd could be Dua still or maybe Fatboy has moved to Saturday and opposite Macca?

I’m going to be me and say that Emily has remained pretty close with the Macca Family Ltd on Instagram. Regularly engaging with the Stella, Mary, etc content. It sounds to me like the Macca family and the Eavis family are good friends. There’s still a pretty strong nexus between Macca and the festival.

Kendrick has no shows booked and it looks like he isnt coming to mainland Europe. However he is at the Super Bowl and we know new material is coming. Perhaps he is doing a Kanye in 2015 and using Glasto as a hype show for his next record, but not putting together a full tour?

I know it’s a lot to say Kendrick would do a one off, but he did a festival last year as a one off so it’s not completely out of the ordinary. 

You also have to expect that Emily has close ties with Kendrick’s team, as it looked like he was up for doing it again in 2021.

Who is Kendrick managed by? I wonder if Emily has a very good contact.

Edited by Matt42

50 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

If rumours are true Kasabian we’re the last headliner booked.

I believe they had Fleetwood Mac, Depeche Mode, and Prince as their dream trio. FM didn’t work so they called Arcade Fire. Depeche Mode and Prince both didn’t work and they had been approached by Metallica for a non headline slot or something? And they ended up calling Kasabian who were begging to do it?

I personally find this hard to believe, because I was told that Kasabian were approached about it in summer 2012, to headline in 2014. I'd been told by someone close to the band about it. Strange.

1 minute ago, K2SO said:

I personally find this hard to believe, because I was told that Kasabian were approached about it in summer 2012, to headline in 2014. I'd been told by someone close to the band about it. Strange.

In an interview with NME Serg said that they knew they were in the running for it but had to wait a long time for the call.

12 minutes ago, ModBoy said:

Do we think if Kendrick had a European tour in Autumn he would play Glasto then go back to US, to come back later in the year to do his tour. Or would he just do his tour and wait till 2023 to play Glasto? Which is the more likely option

I really don’t think it’s too much to suggest Kendrick could be doing a series one offs and some later summer festivals. He could do Glasto and then some shows in the US in August/September. There are quite a few festivals which he could do in the states which won’t announce for a while

Made in America, Lollapalooza, Austin City Limits, Firefly, Life is Beautiful etc.

Although every single show I thought Kendrick was TBA for in 2022 he hasn’t been announced for so far. So maybe this is just more of the same.

He could also do some June US festivals across the world as a short promotion before announcing a wider tour. Like him popping up at both Firefly and Glasto or whatever.

Edited by Matt42

If Kendrick has backed out/moved to 2023 it’s wide open in terms of a replacement isn’t it?

Im still convinced McCartney will do it but possibly Sunday. But that leaves Saturday night wide open with not that many obvious options from people’s tour dates.

2 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

If Kendrick has backed out/moved to 2023 it’s wide open in terms of a replacement isn’t it?

Im still convinced McCartney will do it but possibly Sunday. But that leaves Saturday night wide open with not that many obvious options from people’s tour dates.

Dua Lipa is only about on the Saturday, imagine that'll be an easy bump up assuming her Other headline booking has rolled over. 

12 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

It’s not quite over for Kendrick yet. One thing I noticed is the Governors Ball in June is still Tba. I checked the Reddit for rumours and a lot of people are suggesting Kendrick for that as he isn’t at Coachella. The rationale being that when Coachella loses a headliner it tries to raid headliners from its competition (Lollapalooza, firefly etc).

Lots of people predicting Kendrick for Gov Ball, Lolla, and Austin City Limits. May explain why he isn’t doing his EU tour because after glasto he’s going straight back to the states.

Glasto could have Kendrick on a unintentional European exclusive when he is doing a US festival tour from June-October 

Edited by Matt42

9 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Dua and Billie on consecutive nights would send certain corners of the internet apoplectic.

Can’t see them going for back to back pop headliners.

Yeah I don’t think it’d be grievances with having two women or pop women headline so much, it’s just gonna be disappointing for a lot of people to have two of the three headliners be pure pop acts. Relatively new ones with no classic or novelty value at that.

So Billie being in would mean to me that they passed on Dua for this year at least. I don’t think she’ll still headline the Other, mind.

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah I don’t think it’d be grievances with having two women or pop women headline so much, it’s just gonna be disappointing for a lot of people to have two of the three headliners be pure pop acts. Relatively new ones with no classic or novelty value at that.

So Billie being in would mean to me that they passed on Dua for this year at least. I don’t think she’ll still headline the Other, mind.

Well Dua is surely back because she’s mentioned plenty of times Glastonbury is in her calendar.

I just don’t think she’s kicking up much of a fuss about her placement. She loves the festival and I can’t see her pulling out of it because she thinks she’s bigger than the festival. Doesn’t seem like her character at all.

7 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Thing is though, despite both being 'pop'  they're very different musically - diametric opposites in fact.  

In the upbeat anthems vs moody goth pop stakes they're about as similar as The Killers and The Cure.

This is too nuanced for the general public 

3 hours ago, shivroy said:

According to inforoo, the festive owl is not at all an insider. Also definitely entirely USA focused, so I wouldn't take anything they say to heart esp re UK fests

He has connects with some live nation people and is just a weather man in real life. If you see the info he teases and dishes info on its mostly edm fest focused and bonnaroo. So its nothing overall encompassing. most def very much the wrong person to listen to for anything in europe or coachella for that matter. you can build a following by just being right most of the time and the casual followers will forgive you if youre wrong on occasion, but if you get a few big things correct then youre seen as the ultimate insider. when the real big insiders never utter a word.