2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

1 minute ago, shivroy said:

Oh yeah I'm sure if the 2022 festival happens as predicted they'll be fine. I'm just thinking that their ability to book massive reunion acts or massive American pop artists might be limited compared to previous years both because of covid complications but also because of money. 

They've never had massive sums of money to book big artists, they all take massive pay cuts to play so I doubt it's going to make any difference really.

1 minute ago, shivroy said:

Oh yeah I'm sure if the 2022 festival happens as predicted they'll be fine. I'm just thinking that their ability to book massive reunion acts or massive American pop artists might be limited compared to previous years both because of covid complications but also because of money. 

Money won’t be an issue. They don’t pay much in any year. Plenty of acts do it for free.

They've booked arguably the hottest artist on the planet right now (at least when the booking was made) with Billie, so I think that's probably a fair indicator that they're financially okay in terms of booking acts. Yeah they probably aren't going to get Led Zep, Oasis and Pink Floyd, but were they ever?

Edited by K2SO

Everyone knows the festival books acts on the strength of its reputation rather than what it pays. They have a set fee for headliners that the act either takes or they don't, but in recent years they've still managed to book The Stones, U2, Beyonce, Kanye, Adele, Taylor, Kendrick, Macca... all of whom would almost certainly charge more for a regular festival set than Glastonbury pays.

Absolutely nothing to see or worry about here.

Edited by Hugh Jass

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

wtf I was just looking it up now. I've been listening to Blue Bendy without knowing that they were formed from the ashes of Bearfur? They should really put that in the presser.

Haha he was never really in it tbf he just came to some band practices towards the fizzling out of it iirc.

Pretty wild, though. Hope no one ever posts them in my pop-punk landfill thread.

1 minute ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Ffs eFests dabbing down has knocked me out of rhythm.

Only thread where Gazza has ever said he wants to see more than 3 bands on a lineup.

He still complains about the pop punk festival needing to book more pop punk bands in there though.

• Upvote 2