2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

1 hour ago, rhyscork said:

This caught my eye, im sure im reading way too much into it! From the Black Dyke Band self confirming: 

Does this mean: we are opening the Pyramid stage on the day the legends slot is? OR is it a Legends DAY on the Pyramid stage??

“joining Diana Ross and a fantastic line-up to open the Legends Day shows”

The “legends day” thing means absolutely nothing. Just a poorly worded report.

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

Dawn FM is fantastic btw. Weeknd is creeping up closer to the top of my list for Glasto wishes!

i dont think too many songs from this album would do well on a headline set but he without a doubt has a ridiculously good catalogue of songs to smash a headline set with!

2 hours ago, chazwwe said:

Have we got an update on when Coachella is dropping yet? 

Probably either Monday or Thursday next week, or later. Basically, no clue but at least two major US festivals have committed to releasing lineups next week (Bottlerock, Bonnaroo) so we'll get something at least.

9 hours ago, chazwwe said:

still looking pretty dicey for Coachella. I don’t think it’s got out yet who that third headliner is. Billie and Ye are locked in but number 3 is still a mystery. All we know is they have asked about 100 people to do it.

Someone will have said yes. Or it is SHM… who knows?

Edited by Matt42

10 hours ago, chazwwe said:

So there are some people saying that Metallica could have been drafted in as the rage replacement. Metallica are rumoured to be announced for another US festival on Monday so it may make sense why the Coachella lineup was delayed.

Perhaps Goldenvoice forked out a lot of money to get Metallica too, but a condition was that this other festival gets to announce them first. 

Edit: this seems to be a pattern for US fests that promoters pay for the right to announce an artist first. Probably because domestic fans in neighbouring states might cop a ticket and a flight to see the act rather than waiting to see if they come to their state. It does make sense. If you want people come to your festival you need to convince people that this is the only place you can catch them (even if it’s for a short window).

Edited by Matt42
  • Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

I just think its crazy that its so close, I think this place would go into meltdown if we hadn't had anything by late April, not even headliners. 

Yeah this has been a wild thing to follow on Coachella forums. 

Coachella making every other US festival keep their lineup news silent until January… only for them to go into Jan with 0 headliners booked and the rest of the US festivals ready to go. By delaying their lineup a week they have also delayed their competitors lineups by a week. How annoying for Bonaroo, Governors ball, etc.

Also Goldenvoice play with bigger money. It’s easier to draft in headliners last minute if you drop multi-million dollar offers on their table.

Edited by Matt42

1 hour ago, chazwwe said:

I just think its crazy that its so close, I think this place would go into meltdown if we hadn't had anything by late April, not even headliners. 

It’s only a week later than normal.

Although we do go into meltdown if the Glasto lineup is released a week later than the previous year.

7 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Although we do go into meltdown if the Glasto lineup is released a week later than the previous year.

Think it’s more the idea of Glastonbury starting from scratch in April rather than announcing late.

36 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I more meant if we were suddenly being told in April what the full line up was rather than the odd announcement/headliner in the lead up. 

2 hours ago, chazwwe said:

Just think of Boomtown, they won't get theirs till the week of or when they arrive - can't quite remember. I think its pretty cool honestly but would go crazy at the same time

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Would The Weeknd want too much moolah - or could he be on the list?

Who knows but he’s pretty high up my list. Either 2022 or 2023 he would be more than welcome.

He has to be on their radar now. One of the largest acts around at the moment I can’t imagine there is an oversight on GFL’s behalf.

It’s whether there is bad blood from the drop out in 2013 too.

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Would The Weeknd want too much moolah - or could he be on the list?

He got $8m to play at Coachella.

But, of course, that's not really relevant because it's all about whether he thinks Glastonbury is worth taking the hit. He also was paid $0 to play the Superbowl.

Of that, we don't really know. What we do know is that his next tour is apparently going to require stadiums because of how big and special it will be. Doesn't sound like someone who's gonna rock up at Worthy Farm and play in front of a few lights. Maybe the year after that, hopefully.