2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

Throwing a name out that I haven't seen discussed at all....Harry Styles? Supposedly he was asked to headline coachella and passed, giving it to Billie. He's a british artist and he also plays fairly massive dates. Or is he too teeny bopper for the festival in the same way that Miley is?

9 minutes ago, shivroy said:

Throwing a name out that I haven't seen discussed at all....Harry Styles? Supposedly he was asked to headline coachella and passed, giving it to Billie. He's a british artist and he also plays fairly massive dates. Or is he too teeny bopper for the festival in the same way that Miley is?

Miley played in 2019.

30 minutes ago, shivroy said:

I personally don’t think of him as a headliner but he probably is. I feel like at Glasto he’d be a decent pyramid sub/third down a la Miley.

I also find it interesting he turned down Coachella? Not sure he would get that opportunity again so it’s weird.

1 hour ago, sisco said:

I’m listening to Loud Places on my dog walk and just decided to scroll through Twitter.  Whoever is Glastobation Has just posted it too.  Im taking this as a sign and saying that The XX should headline next year

Friday 2017 was the most I’ve cried at Glastonbury. Cried during loud places and Radiohead a few times.

4 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

its always been known this will be the worst phase out of xmas .... im optomistic that things will be better ... keep the faith ... some tours will go ... others will replace them .... think of all the great domestic acts that might get a lift up ... 

Billie, Lekkido & Mik Artistik headliners. 

Macca (with his supergroup of ronnie wood, clapton etc) will play this year, will be joined on stage by swift (as they have hinted playing together a few times). Help from my friends as the last track, joined by aerosmith, noel, Swift etc 

Swift then returns to headline 2023

Coldplay doing their last ever album in 2025 (so they claim), are almost guaranteed for 2025 or 26 as a result, so wont headline before then.

Billie, Macca and Adele would be AWESOME, still think it will be kenny, superbowl and glasto is enough to keep everything ticking over until a tour later down the line.

2022: Billie, Macca, Adele/ Kenny

2023: Swift, AM/ Reg, Adele/Kenny

2024: GNR, AM/ Reg, Dua?

2025: Coldplay

😄👍

This caught my eye, im sure im reading way too much into it! From the Black Dyke Band self confirming: 

Does this mean: we are opening the Pyramid stage on the day the legends slot is? OR is it a Legends DAY on the Pyramid stage??

“joining Diana Ross and a fantastic line-up to open the Legends Day shows”

1 minute ago, rhyscork said:

This caught my eye, im sure im reading way too much into it! From the Black Dyke Band self confirming: 

Does this mean: we are opening the Pyramid stage on the day the legends slot is? OR is it a Legends DAY on the Pyramid stage??

“joining Diana Ross and a fantastic line-up to open the Legends Day shows”

Good spot, worthy of its own thread!

10 minutes ago, rhyscork said:

Sunday Legends day:

Black Dyke Band

Specials

Ross

Aerosmith

Macca

Add in another couple?

I don’t think it would end up like that plus Aerosmith are on the Saturday. 

I’m going to entertain the idea though and if it is a legends day maybe this as a pyramid 7.

Paul McCartney
Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds
Aerosmith
Diana Ross
The Specials
Herbie Hancock
Black Dyke Band

Edited by Matt42

Full thing from FB:

Black Dyke gain a Supreme accolade.
When you’ve played sell-out concerts at Carnegie Hall, in New York, the Sydney Opera House, the NHK Hall in Tokyo, the KKL in Lucerne, the Royal Albert Hall, London and Symphony Hall in Birmingham, to name a few, you might be forgiven in thinking there were not many other venues of note worth performing at..............you would be sadly mistaken!
There’s a performance space in the middle of a field in rural Somerset that many artists would give their platinum discs to appear at.
“When Michael Eavis asked us back to perform on the Pyramid Stage at the Glastonbury Festivals for the 50th-anniversary event last year,” commented Professor Nicholas Childs, Music Director of the Black Dyke Band, “who would have guessed at the impact of the subsequent pandemic and lockdowns? However, when Michael asked us again for 2022, we were delighted to accept.” Professor Childs went on, “We are always innovative in our concert planning and aim to reach new audiences, and especially those who wouldn’t have been exposed to a world-class brass band! Joining Diana Ross and a fantastic line-up to open the Legends Day shows the regard that Michael has for our musical versatility and ability to entertain.”
He commented that the band was undoubtedly looking forward to the experience and also their appearance at the prestigious Glastonbury Abbey Extravaganza with Paloma Faith in August. Although The Beatles had never appeared at the Glastonbury Festival, the band that backed them on their two million-selling disc, “Yellow Submarine”, certainly would!