2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

I don’t think anyone else would disagree that the cure should come back at some point before they pack it in for good.

Nah. They’ve got a couple of years left in them tops imo and they aren’t gonna return in that time. They headlined again against all odds, they nailed it, let’s leave it at that. 

5 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Anyway.  Someone care to give some reasons why - if Macca or Kendrick have bailed - they won't just pick up the discophone to Dula Peep?

Dua's got very good management who've played a blinder on this current album campaign and probably don't want to blow a headline set on (what would at that point be) a two year old album. It'd make more sense to wait it out, let her get some festival experience, and do it whenever the next record is out so it feels like a Very Big Deal.

30 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Anyway.  Someone care to give some reasons why - if Macca or Kendrick have bailed - they won't just pick up the discophone to Dula Peep?

Well if Dula Peep was to step up there is only one day she can do it now. Saturday.

If it’s Kendrick who hasn’t materialised then Dua isn’t in the conversation. Unless Glasto convinces her to cancel the date she has on the Sunday. 

4 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Only being able to perform on the Saturday night isn't, as far as I can see, a blocker.

If Macca is booked for the Saturday I can’t see them asking him to move all his plans so they can bump up Dula Peep.

Also Dua works as an extremely strong alternative to Macca to keep crowds at a suitable level. 

I agree with what @jannybrucksays about timing, as she’s a shoo-in for the next album.

I think also that the festival needs to balance out pure pop acts a bit better than Dua Lipa and Billie Eilish headlining the same year. It wouldn’t be a great situation for Lipa either, having her headline performance not only brought forward but in the wake of Billie Eilish who will grab a bigger share of the spotlight. Wouldn’t rule it out but I see reason to turn to someone else this year and keep Dua Lipa for later.

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Nah. They’ve got a couple of years left in them tops imo and they aren’t gonna return in that time. They headlined again against all odds, they nailed it, let’s leave it at that. 

They’ll need to do it again after the inevitable next Coldplay performance to ensure the record stays shared.

15 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

If Macca and his band are doing Glastonbury as a one off as a "friends of the festival' type deal - why wouldn't they switch nights to help the organisers settle the line up?

For the record I wouldn’t be that mad about Billie, Dua, Macca headlining but looking at what’s going on I don’t think that’s what we are in store for

Oh god

I’ve just had another lightbulb moment.

A bit of a weird option none of us have mentioned yet. Genuinely. I can’t say it’s super likely but there’s a rationale behind it.

I want to see if anyone can guess. As a starting clue this is a genuine headline sized act here. No mental gymnastics needed to think of them in a headline capacity.

Edited by Matt42

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

For the record I wouldn’t be that mad about Billie, Dua, Macca headlining but looking at what’s going on I don’t think that’s what we are in store for

Who knows right?  But if Macca and / or Kendrick are goners then I'd definitely consider her a front-runner from the subs bench.

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Oh god

I’ve just had another lightbulb moment.

A bit of a weird option none of us have mentioned yet. Genuinely. I can’t say it’s super likely but there’s a rationale behind it.

I want to see if anyone can guess. As a starting clue this is a genuinely headline sized act here. No mental gymnastics needed to think of them in a headline capacity.

I'm gonna guess you're going to tell us someone who isn't touring, demands loads of money and wouldn't be a reasonable 'afterthought' option.

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I'm gonna guess you're going to tell us someone who isn't touring, demands loads of money and wouldn't be a reasonable 'afterthought' option.

No to all of those

If I gave any more clues it would give it away.

Edited by Matt42

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

If they lost two headliners and it was Post and this other act I wonder how it would go down.

Are you really trying to make people guess at an act you've thought of that hasn't been guessed yet? Sheesh.

Make like a Saturday headliner at Glastonbury and Post!

Edited by dentalplan

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Are you really trying to make people guess at an act you've thought of that hasn't been guessed yet? Sheesh.

Make like a Saturday headliner at Glastonbury and Post!

It’s a bit of fun. I can’t say it’s super likely but I promise you there is more to it than pulling a random name out of a hat.