2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

Bit of a curveball, but what about Miley Cyrus? She's been quite active recently, didn't tour her last album, has somewhat of a relationship with the festival and may well have more material coming this year.

I personally think that would be brilliant, especially after last time

47 minutes ago, K2SO said:

Bit of a curveball, but what about Miley Cyrus? She's been quite active recently, didn't tour her last album, has somewhat of a relationship with the festival and may well have more material coming this year.

Could definitely see her pretty high but I'd be surprised if she was headlining? She seems to be in between a sub and a headliner in the USA and I'd imagine she's bigger over there than in the UK. She'd be a great show though

20 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Miley Cyrus at Glastonbury? 

It's a rock concert, not the bleedin' splish-splash show.

She was the biggest surprise of 2019 because I don't really follow her and was expecting the Hannah Montana show. 

It was not, I was stood there wondering how on earth the beeb were going to be able to show any of her "tea time" set through all the swearing. 

Great guests with Billy Ray and Lil Naz x and a really good back to black cover.

I personally think she is big enough headline, especially on a year like this when it could be slim pickings. She'd be a very odd booking as a headliner though.

She feels almost too big to take anything lower than headline or some sort of special slot like last time, but also seems like an odd choice to pull in as a headliner... Almost like getting Ariana Grande or One Direction in to do it. No doubt they're massive but it would just feel strange to see someone like that take that slot.

We don’t know what’s in those contracts Neil mentioned, but I’d be amazed if they didn’t include a clause for cancellation in the event of variables like a new variant of a virus getting out of control and causing serious health risks or logistics issues.

Even if signed, there must be plans in place for a worse case scenario. Oh to be a fly on the Worthy wall. 

Edited by kalifire

5 hours ago, K2SO said:

They could do worse for a sub headliner. I don't think she would get headliner here. She would be very much sunset party time fun.

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

I don’t think anyone else would disagree that the cure should come back at some point before they pack it in for good.

I a disagree, think sometimes a set can be a perfect legacy to leave. Returning after so many years, with a slightly fractious relationship and unfinished business, to put in an all time great performance. Nothings going to top that.