2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Rolling Stones, Adele, The Weeknd, Kanye West, Foo Fighters, Guns and Roses, maybe even Beyoncé are all options I’d say. All rumoured to be hitting the road (whether all make it onto the road is another thing).

What about if all the ones who don't have tour dates already out decide not to go on tour, and Adele can't because Hyde Park, and Foo Fighters and Guns N' Roses can't because of the logistics of their current tour?

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Rolling Stones, Adele, The Weeknd, Kanye West, Foo Fighters, Guns and Roses, maybe even Beyoncé are all options I’d say. All rumoured to be hitting the road (whether all make it onto the road is another thing).

Foo fighters feel too recent and Adele seems out to me. GnR also seem to have too tight a touring schedule. Rolling Stones, Kanye, The Weeknd, and Beyoncé are valid though.

People seemed to think that the Rolling Stones might be out for other reasons (big 2013 set, possible BST exclusivity, 3 month time limit etc) and Kanye's politics vs the Eavis's politics might be an issue. I haven't heard Bey in discussion at all, i thought the Q1 2022 album rumours were false? But yeah, all possibly in play...especially the Weeknd tbh

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

What about if all the ones who don't have tour dates already out decide not to go on tour, and Adele can't because Hyde Park, and Foo Fighters and Guns N' Roses can't because of the logistics of their current tour?

And AM, Coldplay out?

Then Glasto goes full Coachella and rings around the houses to try and get a scoop. Led Zep, Pulp, R.E.M, Pink Floyd, The Stone Roses?

Bump up Dua

Call Stormzy back

Pull a Who 2015 and get one act to cancel one of their dates to play.

They’d try a fair bit before arriving at Florence, Foals, Wolf Alice etc.

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

And AM, Coldplay out?

Then Glasto goes full Coachella and rings around the houses to try and get a scoop. Led Zep, Pulp, R.E.M, Pink Floyd, The Stone Roses?

Bump up Dua

Call Stormzy back

Ok. Good to see where you're at.

9 minutes ago, shivroy said:

Foo fighters feel too recent and Adele seems out to me. GnR also seem to have too tight a touring schedule. Rolling Stones, Kanye, The Weeknd, and Beyoncé are valid though.

People seemed to think that the Rolling Stones might be out for other reasons (big 2013 set, possible BST exclusivity, 3 month time limit etc) and Kanye's politics vs the Eavis's politics might be an issue. I haven't heard Bey in discussion at all, i thought the Q1 2022 album rumours were false? But yeah, all possibly in play...especially the Weeknd tbh

Well if glasto is as fucked as the parameters you’ve set do they really have the luxury of that?

8 minutes ago, Billy Corgan's Ego said:

I'd say one level below this (whoever that could be compared to). 

This is my dream headliner. Shame it'll never happen

Don't be so quick to say that. Maybe Glastonbury just hasn't asked them yet, and one of the headliners dropping out has given them an opening?

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Don't be so quick to say that. Maybe Glastonbury just hasn't asked them yet, and one of the headliners dropping out has given them an opening?

How crazy would it be tho if glasto asked and Pink Floyd said yes. Would it a dog chasing cars situation?

2 hours ago, shivroy said:

Fair enough. But Chris Martin has said that Coldplay aren't doing it for this go around. Arctic Monkeys are headlining Reading and Leeds and my understanding is that R+L and Glasto don't usually share headliners (also, I'd argue they're about the same size as Florence but they're dudes with guitars so they're always easier for festivals to book).

So if AM and Coldplay are out and, for sake of argument, the 2020 headliners are out. Who do you think is reasonable as a 2022 headliner?

Go for it!

48 minutes ago, shivroy said:

Bey would be fantastic again (just as she was in 2011). It feels long enough ago that it wouldn't feel like too much of a repeat. 

2011 Beyonce was massive, but 2022 Beyonce would be another level, particularly post Coachella. 

53 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

And AM, Coldplay out?

Bump up Dua

Call Stormzy back

I'm starting to think this stan fella you keep going on about might have a chance