2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

45 minutes ago, mufcok said:

Can we all just agree that McCartney is still doing it... please?

I reckon he’s likely, but I don’t think he’d commit for sure until the eleventh hour, or at least insist on a clause to drop out. Either way, they’re going to need some serious back-ups in place. 

Edited by kalifire

19 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

All female headliners would be great but one of them's got to be Swifty. The other to be Adele, I don't buy the BST exclusive.

People on here don’t like to think of Adele as likely but I think if a headliner went she’d be one of the first people Emily would call.

”the child of Glastonbury festival” Emily called her recently. She loves the festival and it has a special place in her life. I reckon if Emily called her and said we’ve lost a headliner do you reckon you could help us out, she would do it.

• Like 1

Following the announcement of her hugely anticipated new album due November 19 and the release of her record breaking single ‘Easy On Me’, Adele will play two dates at London’s Hyde Park in summer 2022.

Performing on Friday 1 July and Saturday 2 July at American Express presents BST Hyde Park, these will be her first UK live shows since 2017.

Fans can now sign up at adele.com from 8am on Tuesday 26 October to access Adele’s presale which begins at 10am on Thursday 28 October. American Express® Cardmembers can access presale tickets from 10am, Friday 29 October.

Tickets go on general sale from 10am, Saturday 30 October.

———

People are taking the bold as a reason to rule her out. Nowhere does it say she is an exclusive. At the time she was signing this it may have been the case but things change. We’ve seen how BST announce exclusive before - they would say something along the lines of “her only UK dates this summer” or “a BST exclusive performance”. 

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Following the announcement of her hugely anticipated new album due November 19 and the release of her record breaking single ‘Easy On Me’, Adele will play two dates at London’s Hyde Park in summer 2022.

Performing on Friday 1 July and Saturday 2 July at American Express presents BST Hyde Park, these will be her first UK live shows since 2017.

Fans can now sign up at adele.com from 8am on Tuesday 26 October to access Adele’s presale which begins at 10am on Thursday 28 October. American Express® Cardmembers can access presale tickets from 10am, Friday 29 October.

Tickets go on general sale from 10am, Saturday 30 October.

———

People are taking the bold as a reason to rule her out. Nowhere does it say she is an exclusive. At the time she was signing this it may have been the case but things change. We’ve seen how BST announce exclusive before - they would say something along the lines of “her only UK dates this summer” or “a BST exclusive performance”. 

On that wording she’s ruled out purely by calendar: Glastonbury is before 1st and 2nd of July.

12 minutes ago, kalifire said:

I reckon he’s likely, but I don’t think he’d commit for sure until the eleventh hour, or at least insist on a clause to drop out. Either way, they’re going to need some serious back-ups in place. 

Which is why I think we can’t entirely rule out the Rolling Stones either. If they don’t like to sign until a few months before the event, Macca could pull out in March and GFL would still have enough time to sign them. It looks like they are only doing one date in Hyde Park anyway (probably due to venue availability) so maybe that’s another one in Emily’s back pocket.

3 minutes ago, Radiochicken said:

On that wording she’s ruled out purely by calendar: Glastonbury is before 1st and 2nd of July.

You’re missing my point. At the time she sorted these shows this could have been the case, but things change.

Nowhere does this indicate that BST being her first UK live shows is part of her contract. They would make a much larger song and dance about it if this was the only place to see Adele in 2022.

Edited by Matt42

Just now, kalifire said:

It’s quite exciting to think that if they release the poster with names attached before balance payments are due, as they usually do, we’ll know within seven weeks. 

@Neil throw us a curveball I can see you’re online. When did you last speak to the person who said Macca and Kendrick?

We are getting desperate here.

6 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

. When did you last speak to the person who said Macca and Kendrick?

We are getting desperate here.

when i gave you the info, the info involved contracts of some sort having been seen.

19 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

People on here don’t like to think of Adele as likely but I think if a headliner went she’d be one of the first people Emily would call.

”the child of Glastonbury festival” Emily called her recently. She loves the festival and it has a special place in her life. I reckon if Emily called her and said we’ve lost a headliner do you reckon you could help us out, she would do it.

Returning after one album would be weak and that's why people think she's unlikely.

Just now, kalifire said:

What does your gut say? Just go with that x

My gut at the moment says Billie locked in. Macca has given them a verbal yes but is waiting until the right time to sign. Kendrick isn’t in anymore and they’ve secured a new headliner #3.

That’s my gut x

3 minutes ago, Neil said:

when i gave you the info, the info involved contracts of some sort having been seen.

Interesting. Definitely sounds convincing.

When did you last hear from this contact though? Because if the Bruce Springsteen news is anything  to bench off, contracts will have been in place for that too before things changed.

Edited by Matt42