2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

12 minutes ago, shivroy said:

Re: Florence
- Her booking agent gave an interview a few months back saying that Florence + her team want her to headline glasto properly one day (i.e. not as a replacement)

- she has an album coming out this year, multiple insiders have confirmed this. Probably due out this summer. People seem to think it's going to be a banger commercially and critically, moreso than High as Hope was
- she was rumoured for 2021 and has a good relationship with the festival, Emily called into an interview Flo did on Radio 2 last era

I could see Glasto being her first big show back, since she's conspicuously absent from speculations around many earlier US fests right now. 

Logan = Emily
Shiv = Florence and the Machine
Kendall = The 1975
Roman = Foals
Tom = George Ezra
Greg = Royal Blood
Con = Biffy Clyro

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I wouldn’t be against Florence, admittedly it’d be underwhelming as a replacement for Macca or Kendrick, but if the acts aren’t touring what can you do?

She’d be a solid option if nothing anywhere else takes my fancy.

I'll probably get torn apart for this but I'd prefer Florence to Macca or Kendrick 😊

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

16 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Surely the odd one off wouldn’t massively taint their legacy?

One of my biggest gig regrets was having tickets for what turned out to be Pulp’s last show in Sheffield but being unable to go.

I can't remember exactly what Jarvis said, but it towards the end of the reunion run and was along the lines of wanting to be able to give the fans what they'd expect from a Pulp performance and expressing doubt over whether he/they could do it much longer.

I was at that Sheffield show and can confirm that it was most definitely fantastic. Well worth getting stuck in Sheffield until stupid o'clock for after the show ran long and I missed the last train back.

5 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I'll probably get torn apart for this but I'd prefer Florence to Macca or Kendrick 😊

She certainly put on a good show when she last headlined. I'd still rate Macca before her though (just beause I've yet to see him live).

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

They hold the festival in high regard. I’d like to think Dave has given Emily his phone number if they ever need them.

Didn’t some user a while ago say they heard FF approached the festival to play?

Grohl approached Michael directly with a view to playing Equinox Festival. I'd definitely put them on the list of acts like Coldplay, Muse etc that the festival could rely on to get them out of a tricky situation if needs be

25 minutes ago, HamishA. said:

have The Eagles been ruled out for Saturday? Are they exclusive to BST? Michael Eavis is a die hard fan if I remember correctly?

He is a big fan but I don’t think they have really tried to book them. Michael says he can’t afford them and doesn’t seem that interested.

55 minutes ago, Ommadawn said:

She certainly put on a good show when she last headlined. I'd still rate Macca before her though (just beause I've yet to see him live).

Same for me. But that’s just down to musical preferences and Kendrick was never on our must see anyway. I know many would love to see him. Flo would be great and help towards the gender balance that Emily is quite rightly keen on .  To be honest it’s just brilliant to be discussing headliners etc! 

1 hour ago, incident said:

I can't remember exactly what Jarvis said, but it towards the end of the reunion run and was along the lines of wanting to be able to give the fans what they'd expect from a Pulp performance and expressing doubt over whether he/they could do it much longer.

I was at that Sheffield show and can confirm that it was most definitely fantastic. Well worth getting stuck in Sheffield until stupid o'clock for after the show ran long and I missed the last train back.

This is backed up by what they all say in the DVD.  Jarvis has also spoken about not wanting to reunite without Candida, and that her arthritis may have made the reunion the last possible chance.

56 minutes ago, HamishA. said:

have The Eagles been ruled out for Saturday? Are they exclusive to BST? Michael Eavis is a die hard fan if I remember correctly?

It would be epic but timeframes are too tight 👇

On 1/3/2022 at 4:00 PM, dentalplan said:

Gonna do a RAG recap of who has dates announced...

• Adele (BST exclusive)
  • Arctic Monkeys (R+L)
  • Biffy Clyro (Download)
  • Coldplay (ruled themselves out)
  • Dave (R+L)
  • Dua Lipa (in Norway Sunday)
  • Eagles (in Dublin Friday, London Sunday - 3 days in a row very unlikely)
  • Ed Sheeran (in London Friday, Saturday)
  • Elton John (in London Friday, Bristol Sunday - 3 days in a row very unlikely)
  • Florence and the Machine
  • Foo Fighters (in Manchester Saturday)
  • Gorillaz (Germany Friday, Luxembourg Sunday)
  • Green Day (in UK Friday, Saturday; Dublin Monday - 4 days in a row very unlikely)
  • Guns N' Roses (in France Saturday, b2b dates in different countries very unlikely)
  • Imagine Dragons (UK exclusive show in Milton Keynes)
  • Iron Maiden (Download)
  • The Killers (too soon)
  • Kings of Leon (in Dublin Friday, Belfast Sunday)
  • Liam Gallagher (in Belfast Friday, Glasgow Sunday)
  • Metallica (in Germany Friday, France Sunday)
  • Muse (headlining IOW; in Spain Sunday)
  • Pearl Jam (in Italy Saturday)
  • Rage Against the Machine (R+L)
  • Red Hot Chili Peppers (in London Saturday and Sunday)
  • Royal Blood
  • Stormzy (too soon)
  • The Strokes