2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

In years where we don’t know who it is, this place can sometimes go into full ‘stan Twitter’ mode attacking each other in defence of their preferred headliner so I prefer a mundane year where we know the lot and tie it up early.

Adele outsold

Edited by Matt42

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Gaz seems to blame me for the downvotaggedon he indured despite it happening before I had even joined the forum.

Anyway, I’m a lover not a fighter.

Damn, I wanted to restart that argument so I had something to watch this afternoon. 😞

3 minutes ago, Riggins said:

I've not been on here for a long time - I've had a search through the forums and re: Taylor headlining, is it currently basically a maybe? I couldn't quite glean what the sentiment was on it. 

I think the lack of any touring activity to speak of for 2022 is enough to make people sceptical.

Still plenty of time for any of Kendrick/Taylor/Macca to announce a date or two and suddenly become nailed on again.

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I think the lack of any touring activity to speak of for 2022 is enough to make people sceptical.

Still plenty of time for any of Kendrick/Taylor/Macca to announce a date or two and suddenly become nailed on again.

Thanks - as long as there's a glimmer of hope! She's one of my favourite all time's and I've still never seen her so it was really going to make my festival. That said, when I saw Billie Eilish announced I assumed the chances thinned. 

7 minutes ago, Riggins said:

I've not been on here for a long time - I've had a search through the forums and re: Taylor headlining, is it currently basically a maybe? I couldn't quite glean what the sentiment was on it. 

Extremely condensed overview.

- Billie Eilish announced so one headliner isn’t coming back

- Taylor hasn’t rescheduled any of her shows that she had for 2020

- No real solid rumours other than Swifty Twitter accounts saying she has shows.

- Neil heard back in September the final two headliners were Macca and Kendrick, indicating that Billie is a replacement for Taylor

- However Macca and Kendrick have no tour dates in the pipeline either. So who knows?

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

Can't believe they've pulled Daft Punk out of the bag

On a serious note do we think any reunions will be back soon?

Pulp haven't been about for a while would be a great pyramid sub at some point

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

Nail in the coffin for Brucey

Well fuck…

As bad as that is for Bruceheads, it’s worse for the live music landscape. They absolutely won’t be the only ones with tour dates left to announce who are now binning off their tour instead. Maybe even some with tours announced if things don’t look better by end of Jan.

Edited by dentalplan

15 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

it’s not going to be Guns N’ Roses. They won’t play two countries in two days. Especially not for the pittance offered by Glastonbury.

If you are now speculating about acts whose logistics should rule them out then Foo Fighters are at least in the country…

Completely forgot about Foo Fighters. As last min headliners go they are probably a very strong contendor. Could be a massive IOU still for 2015.