2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

Just now, Matt42 said:

Unless I'm missing something they have no tour dates https://the1975.com/tour/

I also think Emily doesn’t see them as a headline. They got a bit needy by asking to play and Emily didn’t seem that interested in it.

It doesn't seem impossible but yeah maybe not. They were meant to be doing a finsbury show last summer but got binned and never replaced

Would be very surprised if it's Florence this year.

Her festival announcements look like they've picked a few very specific shows at the start of a campaign designed to take her into 2023, especially given there's no word of an album or even a single yet. Her doing Glastonbury now at this stage in her career would make more sense at the end of an album campaign rather than the start, so I'd be keeping an eye out for her being everywhere on the '23 circuit instead.

9 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Having Flo headline is just like having Mumford headline imo. Booking someone who hasn’t done anything serious of note since the last time they headlined. Two acts that really could sub if they asked nicely.

You’re right. Mumfords would also be more likely than the Rolling Stones this year if they had tour dates.

Just now, dentalplan said:

You’re right. Mumfords would also be more likely than the Rolling Stones this year if they had tour dates.

I’m in no disagreement that RS are unlikely but if Macca and Kendrick isn’t correct then it is going to require some creative thinking.

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

@eFestivalsNeil drop something that is going to send us into a tail spin.

Watching Inforoo these past few days has been entertaining but I know we can do a meltdown way better.

See if the source who said Macca and Kendrick is still confident!

give the poor guy a chance to reply to the 1st question  🙂 

Question for everyone - would you prefer an announcement like whats happening with Coachella right now (i.e. chaos) or a standard announcement just dropping randomly and we know 2/3 or 3/3 headline names plus some more big early confirmations.

Just now, gfa said:

Question for everyone - would you prefer an announcement like whats happening with Coachella right now (i.e. chaos) or a standard announcement just dropping randomly and we know 2/3 or 3/3 headline names plus some more big early confirmations.

Well the Coachella situation sounds like it could end up in a pretty weird direction while they ring around the houses to find a headliner.

I’d prefer if that didn’t happen. We don’t have any indication of that happening yet, if it is coming towards the back end of Feb it probably means they have it sorted. But who knows?

8 minutes ago, gfa said:

I personally love a bit of chaos … brings life to the forums … it’s all going to be different from normal … #thereisnopatternbutevenlessofonethIs time 

4 hours ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

I'm currently thinking Billie // Macca // Guns n Roses

Still not sure on Macca but dont know who else at the moment.

I’d stick at they right now tbh. Huge trio really, one of the biggest they’ve ever had.

Really starting to think GnR are booked this year or next and Emily is getting us all ready for it.

14 minutes ago, gfa said:

In years where we don’t know who it is, this place can sometimes go into full ‘stan Twitter’ mode attacking each other in defence of their preferred headliner so I prefer a mundane year where we know the lot and tie it up early.