2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

5 minutes ago, mike46 said:

If it is the Stones (I highly doubt it is, they have no need to return after storming 2013), it means we won’t be getting the poster until the end of March… or having a poster with TBC on 

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

We should get a poster by the end of Feb given that the balance deadline has moved forward by a month.

A poster end of Feb / first week of March would be fine for the Stones. It’s not far off what they had last time.

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

We should get a poster by the end of Feb given that the balance deadline has moved forward by a month.

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

A poster end of Feb / first week of March would be fine for the Stones. It’s not far off what they had last time.

I’m pretty certain the Stones are limited to a 3 month announcement on tours, which I imagine is particularly stringent now since Charlie. Would make Friday March 25th the earliest  (2013 was the 28th, albeit they were announcing tours earlier back then so that was likely GHQ reasons) 

2 minutes ago, mike46 said:

I’m pretty certain the Stones are limited to a 3 month announcement on tours, which I imagine is particularly stringent now since Charlie. Would make Friday March 25th the earliest  (2013 was the 28th, albeit they were announcing tours earlier back then so that was likely GHQ reasons) 

Well they may be announcing shows slightly earlier than this so I wouldn’t say it’s a hard and fast rule. 

3 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

Based on the helpful list dentalplan put together the other day, there aren’t too many obvious replacements at this point. Given their history with the festival and their lack of UK dates so far, I think Florence and the Machine seem the most likely replacement for me. Dua Lipa’s tour dates make me think she isn’t playing but obviously she could still do Saturday. I’m looking forward to her conveniently rescheduling her gig in Norway at some point like The Who’s Paris gig in 2015. 

I agree about Flo. Her absence from Boardies must mean something - quite possibly Latitude but otherwise she’s a fine replacement.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I agree about Flo. Her absence from Boardies must mean something - quite possibly Latitude but otherwise she’s a fine replacement.

Come off it. Flo has fallen off big time. She’s kept her career too muted and a lot of people don’t follow her anymore. Her last release seriously fell under the radar.

She was a bump up in 2015 who did a good job, but she’s definitely not at glasto headline anymore. Anyone who thinks she’s still a big deal is still living in 2013.

Plus it’s not the only time Flo has done a random one off Euro show. I think she goes wherever someone wants to pay her.

Edited by Matt42

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Come off it. Flo has fallen off big time. She’s kept her career too muted and a lot of people don’t follow her anymore.

She was a bump up in 2015 who did a good job, but she’s definitely not at glasto headline anymore. Anyone who thinks she’s still a big deal is still living in 2013.

Many people who go to Glastonbury are living in 2013. Also lots of European festivals too.

Her not releasing anything in a while does not mean she’s fallen off. It means you’ve been distracted by new acts. A lot of people haven’t and wouldn’t bat an eyelid about her headlining.

Also when it comes to the type of act who would step in to replace an outgoing headliner then Florence should be more realistic than the Rolling fucking Stones…

13 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Come off it. Flo has fallen off big time. She’s kept her career too muted and a lot of people don’t follow her anymore. Her last release seriously fell under the radar.

Plus it’s not the only time Flo has done a random one off Euro show. I think she goes wherever someone wants to pay her.

Flos great, saw her at bestival, glasto and supporting the stones, maybe she will be doing that again at glasto 👀

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

What about Emily on Instagram?

In general I'd agree that her stock has fallen since 2013. But she's still a big name and on top we had information that the festival approached Muse, Arctic Monkeys and F+TM during the uncertain times for the 2021 festival IIRC. So it'd be a possible, easy solution if the festival needs a headliner, plus the female factor.

27 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Her last album wasn’t quite as big as the previous few but even then she still headlined a night at BST as well as Boardmasters, which are both pretty big gigs. She’s on the weaker side of Glastonbury headliners but in terms of being an act who has headlined previously, has a good relationship with the festival, has no other UK dates (so far), is free on Glastonbury weekend and is headlining other major European festivals, she ticks near enough every box for a replacement headliner. There’s a lot of reasons to rule most other acts out, there aren’t many for Florence.

9 minutes ago, Pastor.Of.Muppets said:

In general I'd agree that her stock has fallen since 2013. But she's still a big name and on top we had information that the festival approached Muse, Arctic Monkeys and F+TM during the uncertain times for the 2021 festival IIRC. So it'd be a possible, easy solution if the festival needs a headliner, plus the female factor.

I've said this before - but I was told during the latter part of the 2019 festival season that (at that point) Flo was lined up to headline in 2021.

The source was someone who'd volunteered in artist liaison at Glastonbury that year so it could go either way - they potentially could have heard legit info first hand, or they could have heard some bullshit - I tend to believe it though.

8 minutes ago, incident said:

I've said this before - but I was told during the latter part of the 2019 festival season that (at that point) Flo was lined up to headline in 2021.

The source was someone who'd volunteered in artist liaison at Glastonbury that year so it could go either way - they potentially could have heard legit info first hand, or they could have heard some bullshit - I tend to believe it though.

Florence headlining in 2021 would have been interesting. Obviously it was very early days but I don’t think we knew too much about the 2021 headliners before everything stopped. Emily said they had three headliners lined up, one of which had headlined previously. I think someone posted recently saying The 1975 had been asked to headline in 2021. If Florence and The 1975 were two of the headliners then the third would probably need to be a pretty big heritage act to balance things out, but that would be an interesting set of headliners. 

8 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Florence headlining in 2021 would have been interesting. Obviously it was very early days but I don’t think we knew too much about the 2021 headliners before everything stopped. Emily said they had three headliners lined up, one of which had headlined previously. I think someone posted recently saying The 1975 had been asked to headline in 2021. If Florence and The 1975 were two of the headliners then the third would probably need to be a pretty big heritage act to balance things out, but that would be an interesting set of headliners. 

I didn’t see the one about The 1975. That isn’t the one about Tim Healy announcing it over the table at Christmas dinner is it?

We also had Dua Lipa lined up at some point apparently, albeit maybe not at the same time. Nevertheless, would have been a fun trio for all the entitled dinosaur shaggers.

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I didn’t see the one about The 1975. That isn’t the one about Tim Healy announcing it over the table at Christmas dinner is it?

We also had Dua Lipa lined up at some point apparently, albeit maybe not at the same time. Nevertheless, would have been a fun trio for all the entitled dinosaur shaggers.

Pretty sure it was from @NoBusesabove, I can’t remember any of the details other than that so quite possibly the same thing.

Having Flo headline is just like having Mumford headline imo. Booking someone who hasn’t done anything serious of note since the last time they headlined. Two acts that really could sub if they asked nicely.

Edited by Matt42