2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

13 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Just a reminder that GNR’s date in France is Hellfest and not some show they can reschedule. They’re practically (albeit not technically) out.

On the Saturday. If they are up for flying back over on the Sunday then they are in play.

Who can speak Dutch? I can’t get this translated? Apparently the Gelredome in the Netherlands (40,000) capacity venue has a show they are announcing in January. This was uploaded on the 4th Jan so it probably isn’t the canned Springsteen tour.

https://festileaks.com/2022/01/kim-bloem-is-boeker-en-promotor-bij-mojo-wij-staan-helemaal-onderaan-de-ladder/

IORR peeps expecting a European tour announcement from the stones in the next few weeks too. Apparently it’s Stones style to announce the tour pretty close to when it takes place.

https://iorr.org/talk/read.php?1,2839204,page=10

“Rumours about
Festival des Vieilles Charrues

The rumor speaks of a possible fifth exceptional day with the Rolling Stones.

If confirmed, this date would be added at the beginning of July and connected to a European summer tour of the English, with a visit to the Garorock festival (June 30 to July 4 in Marmande).”

So the stones are expected to be in the UK pretty much bang on Glasto weekend.

Edited by Matt42

5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Who can speak Dutch? I can’t get this translated? Apparently the Gelredome in the Netherlands (40,000) capacity venue has a show they are announcing in January. This was uploaded on the 4th Jan so it probably isn’t the canned Springsteen tour.

https://festileaks.com/2022/01/kim-bloem-is-boeker-en-promotor-bij-mojo-wij-staan-helemaal-onderaan-de-ladder/

It’s just an interview with a booker really about how she goes about her work. Interesting enough but in the past tense rather than forward looking beyond an oblique reference to having artists locked down for next year, not dissimilar to what the Eavii would say.

As to who’s playing the Gelredome, no idea. Editors? Or is that just Belgium?

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

If Adele doesn’t sign until after the Hyde park shows have sold out it technically doesn’t violate anything.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/showbiz-tv/adele-glastonbury-2022-headliner-odds-21771982.amp

Contracts don't work like that, she would still be in breach of an exclusivity clause and Glasto is before British Summer Time anyway.

Edited by jump

4 minutes ago, jump said:

Contracts don't work like that, she would still be in preach of an exclusivity clause and Glasto is before British Summer Time anyway.

There are ways around it though. Metallica were booked when they were exclusive to Sonisphere.

I can’t see why BST would get arsey about it tbh. There’s definitely room to negotiate. Both events have sold out, and if Adele’s camp wanted to play Glasto I don’t know what BST could really argue.

Plus the press release said first shows. It doesn’t mean she is an exclusive to BST. We don’t actually know what the contract says, it could just be marketing waffle but unenforceable 

Edited by Matt42

11 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

IORR peeps expecting a European tour announcement from the stones in the next few weeks too. Apparently it’s Stones style to announce the tour pretty close to when it takes place.

“Rumours about

If confirmed, this date would be added at the beginning of July and connected to a European summer tour of the English, with a visit to the Garorock festival (June 30 to July 4 in Marmande).”

I believe they can only announce within 3 (or maybe 5, I can’t quite remember the story) months advance of any tour dates due to insurance reasons 

10 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

“Rumours about

Not sure what would be gained by having the Stones back, obviously they're one of the greatest bands ever but they did Glastonbury and absolutely smashed. It was more than just a performance, it was an event, it was them finally taking to that stage after 50 years in the business, the entire festival that year seemed to be geared around that performance...

Bringing them back again would just be another performance for everyone. 

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

Not sure what would be gained by having the Stones back, obviously they're one of the greatest bands ever but they did Glastonbury and absolutely smashed. It was more than just a performance, it was an event, it was them finally taking to that stage after 50 years in the business, the entire festival that year seemed to be geared around that performance...

I agree with you but if Glasto does find themselves in a coachella situation our sentimental feelings may get pushed to one side. They’ve done it before with the Who (bringing them back) it’s not out of the question. Same goes for Adele really.

Plus they are still a fighting fit band. Who is to say that after 2 years off coming back and the Stones smashing it again couldn’t top last time?

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

It would be their first UK gig since (I think) 2017, so it may be looked at as a homecoming of sorts... And I mean if you can get The Stones, why wouldn't you?

A lightbulb has gone off that the Stones could well be the final headliner for Hyde Park too. They match all the clues and it would explain why they haven’t been announced yet.

”a band who won’t need any help selling tickets”.

Edited by Matt42

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

A lightbulb has gone off that the Stones could well be the final headliner for Hyde Park too. They match all the clues and it would explain why they haven’t been announced yet.

The Stones have a long history with HP so yeah it's certainly not beyond the realms of possibility.

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Good point. It can't clash with Glasto, can it? Elton is filling that spot. I certainly wouldn't miss The Stones in London

Also I found it very weird in that stones press release they said they were doing festivals when they had no festivals lined up.

Hyde Park would probably count as a festival but it does beg to differ.

Also Emily’s post the other day sounded very bullish. They’ve definitely got the headliners in place. Yes it may be Macca and Kendrick like we’ve all been thinking but if it isn’t they definitely have someone. 

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I'm assuming that a large part of the reason they've not announced anything further is that they don't have permission for the extra dates yet.

They should get a decision this month.

5 minutes ago, incident said:

I'm assuming that a large part of the reason they've not announced anything further is that they don't have permission for the extra dates yet.

They should get a decision this month.

They have one more date TBA. We were scratching our heads to a) why it was unannounced and b) who it could be

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

They have one more date TBA. We were scratching our heads to a) why it was unannounced and b) who it could be

They don't have any more dates under their current licence. They've hit the max allowed.

If their application is accepted (and it looks like the locals haven't kicked up a fuss so it probably will be), then they'll have 2 more to play with.

3 minutes ago, mike46 said:

If it is the Stones (I highly doubt it is, they have no need to return after storming 2013), it means we won’t be getting the poster until the end of March… or having a poster with TBC on 

We should get a poster by the end of Feb given that the balance deadline has moved forward by a month.