2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

Just now, RarerThanDandyB said:

Not for most acts but GnR arent doing 2 consecutive nights in two places. Though if you're offered Glasto headline I suppose you'd make it doable.

Plus Emily chatted about them. Hmm could it be Guns n Roses?

She may have mentioned their name to test the water for a general reaction, but it's unlike her to mention an act, then they're suddenly booked. She seems to enjoy the element of surprise. I'm thinking GnR are a strong contender for 2023, if they're still touring. That said, she might have put their name out there to attract the band's attention, to gauge their interest for this year as they're a headliner or two light?! 😀

2 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Guns can only do Sunday and Adele has exclusivity at BST. How much would it be to take that off BST?

It’s been done before. Both events are sold out.

Fine - switch Adele to Saturday and GNR to Sunday

Edited by Matt42

1 minute ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

She may have mentioned their name to test the water for a general reaction, but it's unlike her to mention an act, then they're suddenly booked. She seems to enjoy the element of surprise. I'm thinking GnR are a strong contender for 2023, if they're still touring. That said, she might have put their name out there to attract the band's attention, to gauge their interest for this year as they're a headliner or two light?! 😀

Very true, but as their touring europe this year maybe the latter is right but they must have discussed if she's stating them in the media. Without many options if our two/three are out, Guns seem a good bet.

24 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

The thing is Dua can’t do the Sunday. The only days she can do is the Friday (which Billie is playing) and the Saturday (which we believe Macca is playing). It’s not Dua.

Or Macca plays the Sunday.

23 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Plus Dua would be massively underwhelming given her bad sales on her tour. And for me as I dont like her music very much.

I'd say her tour ticket sales dont really detract from the fact thay shes a Glastonbury headliner in waiting and they'll absolutely go with her before revisiting acts like the Stones, Florence or Adele.  Very little difference from Stormzy in 2019.

A reminder (most likely guff) but many outlets were running with Adele being in the running a few months ago. 

You never know. Emily is very close to her. There could be some contract wrangling going on. Which they’ve done before. If Adele doesn’t sign until after the Hyde park shows have sold out it technically doesn’t violate anything. Especially since Glasto can wait to announce.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/showbiz-tv/adele-glastonbury-2022-headliner-odds-21771982.amp

Just now, incident said:

Fair enough, then I've lost track somewhere.

What has spurred this on is that Kendrick apparently said no to Coachella’s last min multi-million request for him to play in April.

Also still no sign of Macca in Europe. 

We are doubting the info again.

37 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Is it really that hard to re-record previous material and also perform live or am I missing something?

Seems bonkers that's the thing which seemingly is being used to rule her out!

I mean on current evidence it’s taken a year to re-record and promote 2 albums with no tour distractions. 

It’s not just that, zero indications of playing live doesn’t help matters either.

6 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

A reminder (most likely guff) but many outlets were running with Adele being in the running a few months ago. 

You never know. Emily is very close to her. There could be some contract wrangling going on. Which they’ve done before. If Adele doesn’t sign until after the Hyde park shows have sold out it technically doesn’t violate anything. Especially since Glasto can wait to announce.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/showbiz-tv/adele-glastonbury-2022-headliner-odds-21771982.amp

Let's just clarify one thing here... The Birmingham Mail knows fuck all about anything.

• Upvote 2