2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

3 hours ago, shivroy said:

Consequence of Sound is reporting that Kendrick and Tyler the Creator were approached to headline Coachella but they both passed. Really not looking good for Kendrick headlining glastonbury if true... https://consequence.net/2022/01/kanye-west-billie-eilish-coachella-2022/

Came here to post this - you beat me to it.

I’m really really running out of faith that Kendrick is here. He isn’t back at the 2021 festivals that he was signed up for, we’ve had a few European festival insiders for months saying he isn’t doing shows, and now he’s turned down a potentially multi million dollar offer to headline Coachella a few months before?

Either the album isn’t ready or he’s just completely changed his plans. I really think it’s not happening. Something may change but I feel like Kendrick is a total no go.

1 hour ago, jparx said:

I don’t think the door is closed on Kendrick yet, but I certainly have the least amount of faith in him yet. I’d be thinking Taylor’s odds were creeping up as a result but something tells me she won’t be on the road now until the situation is more calm. 

Music to my ears.

I'm going to put on folklore to celebrate.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Speaking of the Rolling Stones… could they be an outside bet here? A surprise swoop in like the Who in 2015?

They said they were doing a festival tour in that press statement they put out…?

I think the last two slots are now completely open. It's anyone's guess who'll fill the Saturday and Sunday headline slots at this point. I think we also have to consider the outside chance that maybe Glastonbury is struggling to fill them, too? I could be completely wrong, that happens a lot, but it certainly gives us something to discuss, with 167 days until the gates open

On 1/3/2022 at 4:00 PM, dentalplan said:

Gonna do a RAG recap of who has dates announced to establish that the two (who Neil would mark as a TBC if he still could) not having tour dates yet is no big deal because of how few names are actually on the map so far.

• Adele (BST exclusive)
  • Arctic Monkeys (R+L)
  • Biffy Clyro (Download)
  • Bruce Springsteen (no dates yet but leaks; rumoured date for Belgium on Sunday - b2b very unlikely)
  • Coldplay (ruled themselves out)
  • Dave (R+L)
  • Dua Lipa (in Norway Sunday)
  • Eagles (in Dublin Friday, London Sunday - 3 days in a row very unlikely)
  • Ed Sheeran (in London Friday, Saturday)
  • Elton John (in London Friday, Bristol Sunday - 3 days in a row very unlikely)
  • Florence and the Machine
  • Foo Fighters (in Manchester Saturday)
  • Gorillaz (Germany Friday, Luxembourg Sunday)
  • Green Day (in UK Friday, Saturday; Dublin Monday - 4 days in a row very unlikely)
  • Guns N' Roses (in France Saturday, b2b dates in different countries very unlikely)
  • Imagine Dragons (UK exclusive show in Milton Keynes)
  • Iron Maiden (Download)
  • The Killers (too soon)
  • Kings of Leon (in Dublin Friday, Belfast Sunday)
  • Liam Gallagher (in Belfast Friday, Glasgow Sunday)
  • Metallica (in Germany Friday, France Sunday)
  • Muse (headlining IOW; in Spain Sunday)
  • Pearl Jam (in Italy Saturday)
  • Rage Against the Machine (R+L)
  • Red Hot Chili Peppers (in London Saturday and Sunday)
  • Royal Blood
  • Stormzy (too soon)
  • The Strokes

I believe that's pretty much it. Given that the green names would all cause fierce arguments on whether they could headline, I think it's easy to expect that more names are forthcoming despite many festivals having announced their lot.

Based on the helpful list dentalplan put together the other day, there aren’t too many obvious replacements at this point. Given their history with the festival and their lack of UK dates so far, I think Florence and the Machine seem the most likely replacement for me. Dua Lipa’s tour dates make me think she isn’t playing but obviously she could still do Saturday. I’m looking forward to her conveniently rescheduling her gig in Norway at some point like The Who’s Paris gig in 2015. 

I would absolutely love Taylor to somehow come back into the fold but if we are talking about touring conscious acts Taylor would be pretty up there.

Unless her actually being based in London now would increase her chances? But I guess we don’t know.

6 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I would absolutely love Taylor to somehow come back into the fold but if we are talking about touring conscious acts Taylor would be pretty up there.

Unless her actually being based in London now would increase her chances? But I guess we don’t know.

She only needs a piano, acoustic guitar and a mic to blow the house down.

Little else to worry about in that regard surely 😉

7 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Kanye's set will start off really strong, everyone will be thinking wow maybe he's back. He will do a freestyle apology for the red hat and how he treated Kim K... then will bring out Kevin Spacey or have a live Ghislaine Maxwell prison phone call interlude and Coachella will say he will never be booked again

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

I know GnR arent doing two nights in two places but France Saturday and Glasto sunday could be an option if they really wanted to play...

Maybe that’s the obvious one and it’s been right under our nose? I’d be well chuffed on balance given all the possible outcomes.

6 minutes ago, balthazarstarbuck said:

Still reckon Kendrick’s more likely then Taylor (perhaps waiting to announce stuff off the back of the Superb Owl?). Assuming Taylor’s re-recording until there’s evidence to contrary.

Agree most likely solution if Ken isn’t there is Dua gets the bump up.

The thing is Dua can’t do the Sunday. The only days she can do is the Friday (which Billie is playing) and the Saturday (which we believe Macca is playing). It’s not Dua.

6 minutes ago, balthazarstarbuck said:

Still reckon Kendrick’s more likely then Taylor (perhaps waiting to announce stuff off the back of the Superb Owl?). Assuming Taylor’s re-recording until there’s evidence to contrary.

Agree most likely solution if Ken isn’t there is Dua gets the bump up.

Is it really that hard to re-record previous material and also perform live or am I missing something?

Seems bonkers that's the thing which seemingly is being used to rule her out!

Just now, Matt42 said:

The thing is Dua can’t do the Sunday. The only days she can do is the Friday (which Billie is playing) and the Saturday (which we believe Macca is playing). It’s not Dua.

Plus Dua would be massively underwhelming given her bad sales on her tour. And for me as I dont like her music very much.

Just now, JoeyT said:

Is it really that hard to re-record previous material and also perform live or am I missing something?

Seems bonkers that's the thing which seemingly is being used to rule her out!

I guess the argument is that she wants to tour when this is all behind her as it takes an awful lot of time and she won’t have that time back when she’s on the road. Also her label will soon be putting pressure on her to work on TS10 rather than albums everyone has already heard.

Just now, RarerThanDandyB said:

I'm currently thinking Billie // Macca // Guns n Roses

Still not sure on Macca but dont know who else at the moment.

Mega lol if Coachella and Glastonbury are in the same position right now but Glasto is hiding it better.

Billie Eilish locked in and the other 2 a complete mystery on top of a fully booked lineup. 

Just now, Matt42 said:

I guess the argument is that she wants to tour when this is all behind her as it takes an awful lot of time and she won’t have that time back when she’s on the road. Also her label will soon be putting pressure on her to work on TS10 rather than albums everyone has already heard.

In my uneducated mind that is such a flawed argument though.

1) How does it take an awful lot of time? Aside from the tweaks made to the original songs the framework is still there.

2) Pretty sure her label won't mind waiting for a new album given the "Taylor's versions" are doing so well commercially. Plus, it';s Taylor Swift ffs she's a big enough artist to call the shots I'd say...

Just now, JoeyT said:

In my uneducated mind that is such a flawed argument though.

1) How does it take an awful lot of time? 

There were 20+ songs on Red! Also she wants special guests to come back too. Just like an office job things can get stretched out when you are waiting on things from other people!

9 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Mega lol if Coachella and Glastonbury are in the same position right now but Glasto is hiding it better.

Billie Eilish locked in and the other 2 a complete mystery on top of a fully booked lineup. 

Well Coachella is only 99 days away, so I'd imagine the natives are getting restless for some names...

5 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Since when has having a gig in Paris been a barrier to headlining Glstonbury?

Not for most acts but GnR arent doing 2 consecutive nights in two places. Though if you're offered Glasto headline I suppose you'd make it doable.

Plus Emily chatted about them. Hmm could it be Guns n Roses?