2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

16 minutes ago, sisco said:

Don’t Think they could do The Park or WH?!

Perhaps with Thom having dropped his solo tour and presumably WH headline slot he’d be open to his new project taking another stage headline slot (either Park or JP if so - they’re not really a WH kind of band) but I still think a secret set is far more likely if they were to play at all.

The organizers of classic-rock fest Desert Trip—led by Paul Tollett, who is also wheeling and dealing for the Coachella lineup—are said to be working hard to secure Robert Plant and Jimmy Page, but that booking appears shaky at best. The rest of the bill, insiders say, looks like a home run.

1 hour ago, Justiceforcedave said:

Any promotor that can afford to put on Macca, Dylan, The Stones, Waters and The Who must have serious wedge to throw at them.

Yeah . But i (possibly wrongly) thought robert had decided he had had enough of all that and does what he wants. That for him its not qbout the money.

2 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I'd take Nine Inch Nails, Guns n' Roses or maybe even Green Day. But I'd still rather get a refund. 

Oh I'd take GNR all day long. I'm more interested in the MSW headliner than MSE. I'll watch RTJ but I don't care about any other band that day. To be honest though, a ton for RTJ, Halsey and GNR you can't really be annoyed by. Green Day I don't think I'd go. Their indoor show felt better than outdoor and by some distance.

25 minutes ago, danmarks said:

Yeah . But i (possibly wrongly) thought robert had decided he had had enough of all that and does what he wants. That for him its not qbout the money.

Yeah he's historically been dead against more Led Zep gigs. But maybe he'd be up for a Page and Plant reunion? Speaking of which...

20 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Oh I'd take GNR all day long. I'm more interested in the MSW headliner than MSE. I'll watch RTJ but I don't care about any other band that day. To be honest though, a ton for RTJ, Halsey and GNR you can't really be annoyed by. Green Day I don't think I'd go. Their indoor show felt better than outdoor and by some distance.

Being their support act on the world tou, if RTJ we're to cancel too (and let's be honest, it's just rumours for RATM at the moment), it would be a double blow. To be honest, I'd be really disappointed with Rage if they do cancel. I appreciate Omicron has blown the numbers to bits, but the planet wasn't exactly doing great handling Delta at the time they announced Reading and Leeds. To say they wouldn't proceed with a tour unless it was 100% safe to do so seems like quite a disingenuous statement, seeing as it's doubtful we'll see that certainty for some time to come, regardless of variant. Hopefully it's either all just rumour or only their spring dates are affected. 

Halsey and Bastille are really not my thing at all but I could be persuaded to keep my ticket for any of the three acts I mentioned. Beyond that and it would be unrealistic bands with no touring plans like Rolling Stones or AC/DC (both never going to happen). 

I don’t think the door is closed on Kendrick yet, but I certainly have the least amount of faith in him yet. I’d be thinking Taylor’s odds were creeping up as a result but something tells me she won’t be on the road now until the situation is more calm.