2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

No chance of him touring Europe solo. If someone didn’t want to tour he’d just replace them. The issue would have to be that he, the irreplaceable one, does not feel it’s safe.

Oh, i was thinking hed do like a month in London in the West End or something

7 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Oh, i was thinking hed do like a month in London in the West End or something

I see. But yeah, as mentioned, if he was willing to tour and a couple of members weren’t they’d just be replaced and the existing dates would be fulfilled instead of a brand new residency booked out late in the day.

I just read that someone who is apparently ITK is agreeing that Springsteen shows are cancelled but also that a show in Oslo is happening in June. And the aforementioned request for an outdoor show in Netherlands - always marked as a Bruce show - was only submitted last week. So I think many of the Bruceheads are just speculating tbh.

24 minutes ago, kalifire said:

What’s the latest on the supposed Coachella debacle? 

The RATM rumour could well be true so they supposedly don’t have a third headliner.

This has happened to them before. They will tie someone down in the next few days and probably announce it soon. 

Edited by Matt42

10 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

If Rage Against the Machine drop out of Reading again I’m going to become the Joker

What are the terms and conditions for festivals if a headliner drops out, I wonder? Like many, I bought a day ticket for Reading based mostly on RATM. It would be interesting to see if promoters have covered themselves in 2022 with the "lineup subject to change - no refunds" caveat. 

47 minutes ago, WestCountryGirl said:

On the Bruce topic, I noticed Nils' tweet a few weeks ago and got the vibe that a tour was looking to be off the cards:

This. IF Springsteen/ RATM have cancelled its probably logistics. If band/ key crew members test positive half way through a tour what do you do? 

Edited by Ted Dansons Wig

44 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

What are the terms and conditions for festivals if a headliner drops out, I wonder? Like many, I bought a day ticket for Reading based mostly on RATM. It would be interesting to see if promoters have covered themselves in 2022 with the "lineup subject to change - no refunds" caveat. 

Well I’d surely be trying to put mine back in the pot if Rage went

1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

They did this even before covid i'm pretty sure. There was no refunds for QOTSA last year. Given weekend is all sold out already there should be a good chance you can just put it back in the pot for resale and get your money back

1 hour ago, Freddyflintstonree said:

I am almost certain they will be covered under a subject to change clause. 

Sadly this is not the case .....i bought tickets to see Rancid as headliners at Slam Dunk. They have pulled out so I asked for a refund and received this: 

SLAM DUNK FESTIVAL 2022 - NORTH UPDATE from See Tickets, Reference 7212XXXX

As per the terms and conditions on our website, www.seetickets.com agreed
to at the time of purchase;

Once purchased, tickets cannot be transferred, exchanged, refunded or
returned unless the event is cancelled, moved to another date, or if details
of the event are significantly changed after an order is placed (significant
changes being a change of headline act (concerts only), venue or show time).

In the event of the cancellation of an event by the organiser/promoter
(i.e a cancellation due to circumstances beyond our control), we will
only refund the face value of the ticket.

In the event of a postponement, or when an event is moved from its
advertised venue, tickets already purchased may remain valid should the
customer wish to attend the revised event. If not, we will refund the
face value of the tickets.

To read our full terms and conditions then please use the link provided below.

https://www.seetickets.com/content/terms-and-conditions

14 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

With a £77 price tag for their gig could the smile headline The Other?

Though the gig does include unlimited replays for 24hrs and other things before the gig so would an average gig cost that much? If the hype was there I could definitely see them playing that.

Nope. I really can't see them headlining any of the stages. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

With a £77 price tag for their gig could the smile headline The Other?

Though the gig does include unlimited replays for 24hrs and other things before the gig so would an average gig cost that much? If the hype was there I could definitely see them playing that.

Nah, maybe a secret set somewhere but I don’t see them headlining a stage, and definitely not Other.

• Upvote 2