2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Worth mentioning that over on the BST thread, a user who seems to know things says that there is one headline left to come and when asked, said they 'don't need help selling tickets'. Gonna be a big name, feasibly a stadium name seeing as they are all booked up (by The Weeknd) this summer. Might be the Stones? McCartney? AC/DC?

But more to the point, it means The Strokes aren't the final BST headliner and still have a southern England headline show to play. It is Glastonbury.

Theres a Finsbury Park saturday still left on the weekend with Sam Fender and George Ezra which I imagine them for

45 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

If Neil’s info is correct then that source is the most in the know person going. The info contradicts various competing sources.

35 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

It would be interesting to see if his source(s) still have the same information right now. I never doubt the oracle and if his information does turn out to be incorrect, I expect that it was right at some stage but changed. It's all very intriguing...

Given that both would be rollover bookings and that the usual festival rules don't really apply to Glastonbury, which exerts its own gravitational pull, neither would really be that out of left-field.

16 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Worth mentioning that over on the BST thread, a user who seems to know things says that there is one headline left to come and when asked, said they 'don't need help selling tickets'. Gonna be a big name, feasibly a stadium name seeing as they are all booked up (by The Weeknd) this summer. Might be the Stones? McCartney? AC/DC?

But more to the point, it means The Strokes aren't the final BST headliner and still have a southern England headline show to play. It is Glastonbury.

My BST guess is Metallica. Fits all of the clues. A band, touring at the time with no UK date, doesn’t need help selling tickets ya da ya da.

13 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

So what’s the latest kids?

Seems to have been a few pages today I don’t really have time to catch up on.

I’l summarise

- Not looking like Kendrick is at Coachella. Debating whether Kendrick is around again as being held behind a coachella exclusive clause could of explained why he isn’t announced for anything.

- The Weeknd has announced a surprise album (coming Friday) with a world tour likely announced soon

- Billie Eilish is headlining Coachella. Supre said that this makes Glastonbury look bad… which many people disagreed with.

- Coachella could drop sometime tonight (UK time middle of the night)  which should give us something to chat about.

Edited by Matt42

Just to throw 2 other names in there who are apparently playing: Aerosmith and/ or QOTSA could both easily step up to be headliners if needed. Any reason they're not being mentioned that i've missed? Both heavily rumoured to be playing other slots, but surely count as the easiest of replacements for a headliner if say a macca or a kenny pulled out. Aerosmith in for Macca if he cant do it almost seems like a no brainer.

Another one thats puzzled me a bit: wasn't Fatboy slim due to headline the other stage for the 50th? Sure to be back, is there any reason (other than it not being the 50th) that hes not being tipped to take the same slot again?

2 minutes ago, rhyscork said:

Just to throw 2 other names in there who are apparently playing: Aerosmith and/ or QOTSA could both easily step up to be headliners if needed. Any reason they're not being mentioned that i've missed? Both heavily rumoured to be playing other slots, but surely count as the easiest of replacements for a headliner if say a macca or a kenny pulled out. Aerosmith in for Macca if he cant do it almost seems like a no brainer.

Another one thats puzzled me a bit: wasn't Fatboy slim due to headline the other stage for the 50th? Sure to be back, is there any reason (other than it not being the 50th) that hes not being tipped to take the same slot again?

I think people would really be scratching their heads if after all that time of silence the headliners were Billie Eilish, Aerosmith and Queens of The Stone Age. 

Fatboy Slim headlining the other stage felt like an eleventh hour replacement to me. I wouldn’t be surprised if someone pulled late in the game or pulled out a few days before the poster dropped due to COVID. I just can’t see him being their first choice.

5 minutes ago, rhyscork said:

I think there will be plenty of names the festival can call before they get to QOTSA/Aerosmith.

Point is more that they are both already tipped to be playing, and Glasto has a reputation of bumping someone up, rather that get someone else in. Only late (not that we're late atm) replacement i can actually think of was gorillaz for U2. Could have got someone in when Foos went, but bumped Flo up instead. Kylie - Basement Jax, im sure the killers got bumped up to headliner too.

My thinking is Covid plays a huge part with travel restrictions and the obvious unknown, if they were waiting as late as they could for Macca for example, and he couldnt do it, Aerosmith seems like an easy bump up.

Dont think that would happen, but Glasto history suggests if someone pulls out, they bump someone up as opposed to get someone else, obviously still very far out atm tho 

15 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I think people would really be scratching their heads if after all that time of silence the headliners were Billie Eilish, Aerosmith and Queens of The Stone Age. 

Fatboy Slim headlining the other stage felt like an eleventh hour replacement to me. I wouldn’t be surprised if someone pulled late in the game or pulled out a few days before the poster dropped due to COVID. I just can’t see him being their first choice.

I always took Fatboy slim as more of a, "heres a big slot to say thanks for being here every year for the 50th" kinda thing. I have my suspicions either him or Dizzee or both will be west holts headliners 

34 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I’l summarise

- Not looking like Kendrick is at Coachella. Debating whether Kendrick is around again as being held behind a coachella exclusive clause could of explained why he isn’t announced for anything.

- The Weeknd has announced a surprise album (coming Friday) with a world tour likely announced soon

- Billie Eilish is headlining Coachella. Supre said that this makes Glastonbury look bad… which many people disagreed with.

- Coachella could drop sometime tonight (UK time middle of the night)  which should give us something to chat about.

Ta.

10 minutes ago, rhyscork said:

I always took Fatboy slim as more of a, "heres a big slot to say thanks for being here every year for the 50th" kinda thing. I have my suspicions either him or Dizzee or both will be west holts headliners 

Dizzee headlined WH a couple of festivals back so he certainly won’t be doing it

17 minutes ago, rhyscork said:

Point is more that they are both already tipped to be playing, and Glasto has a reputation of bumping someone up, rather that get someone else in. Only late (not that we're late atm) replacement i can actually think of was gorillaz for U2. Could have got someone in when Foos went, but bumped Flo up instead. Kylie - Basement Jax, im sure the killers got bumped up to headliner too.

My thinking is Covid plays a huge part with travel restrictions and the obvious unknown, if they were waiting as late as they could for Macca for example, and he couldnt do it, Aerosmith seems like an easy bump up.

Dont think that would happen, but Glasto history suggests if someone pulls out, they bump someone up as opposed to get someone else, obviously still very far out atm tho 

I agree with this one. A very easy one to shift Aerosmith up from their guest slot to a proper headline berth. I don't think we're anywhere near there yet though - it would have to come after they give up on McCartney or whoever and also chance their hand on a couple more names.

Some insider with a decent track record for coachella on reddit says Kanye and Billie are confirmed but Rage aren’t. People think Rage might be out due to concerns about omicron.

What a twist that Coachella books their headliners at the last minute.

Kendrick could still be in yet 😂

Edited by Matt42

7 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Some insider with a decent track record for coachella says Kanye and Billie are confirmed but Rage aren’t. People think Rage might be out due to concerns about omicron.

What a twist that Coachella books their headliners at the last minute.

Kendrick could still be in yet 😂

In April?

It could be true but America don't really give a crap about covud anymore. I guess they could he wetting the bed like the strokes maybe did over their NYE gig 

• Downvote 1

16 minutes ago, zahidf said:

In April?

It could be true but America don't really give a crap about covud anymore. I guess they could he wetting the bed like the strokes maybe did over their NYE gig 

I think it’s rubbish and they probably are still playing but it’s a big eleventh hour shakeup if true.

3 hours ago, rhyscork said:

I'm sure someone said Christine and the queen's had been moved up to headline the other stage, Sunday in 2019. 

If we're talking people getting a step up surely Noel Gallagher would be a headliner before Aerosmith? He's already rumoured as a Pyramid sub, is there a reason he isn't in the mix to be a headliner in his own right? (Other than annoying Liam)

4 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

I'm sure someone said Christine and the queen's had been moved up to headline the other stage, Sunday in 2019. 

If we're talking people getting a step up surely Noel Gallagher would be a headliner before Aerosmith? He's already rumoured as a Pyramid sub, is there a reason he isn't in the mix to be a headliner in his own right? (Other than annoying Liam)

Because he’s not that popular anymore.  You only have to look at his ticket sales