2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

They roped Billie in when she was probably doing a venue only tour for 2022. It depends if Glasto pitched it right. 

Regardless it looks like he’s dropping dates soon so this all could be nothing if he is booked out over the festival - but it’s a nice one to think about.

8 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

They roped Billie in when she was probably doing a venue only tour for 2022. It depends if Glasto pitched it right. 

I'm pretty sure Neil has said in the past that the festival doesn't generally vie for acts they don't have prior relationships with, the acts (by which I of course mean their agents) approach them. Eilish playing in 2019 was conducive to headlining in 2022. Abel has no such relationship with Glastonbury - perhaps only a negative one.

Edited by dentalplan

Just to clarify I don’t think The Weeknd is headlining, I still trust Neil’s trio. I just don’t think it’s completely a shut case when we don’t know his tour dates yet. But announcing a 2022 tour in early Jan would set him up nicely for a glasto announcement in Feb… all I’m saying.

If Kenny isn’t announced for Coachella, then along with the fact he’s not playing European festivals he was booked for in 2020, and Billie has taken his Friday night, then with all respect to Neil, I think he’s out. 

For what it’s worth (nothing), I think McCartney and Tay Tay are playing.

I don’t think Taylor needs to necessarily play Glastonbury alongside other gigs, as long as she’s announced a tour by then so fans don’t feel excluded.

Macca can do what he damn well pleases.

Relton is surely out now (he’d have to do three nights on the trot to play the Saturday and he doesn’t even have two consecutive gigs on his current tour). 

Edited by kalifire
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, kalifire said:

If Kenny isn’t announced for Coachella, then along with the fact he’s not playing European festivals he was booked for in 2020, and Billie has taken his Friday night, then with all respect to Neil, I think he’s out. 

I think we’re looking at one, possibly two, wildcards. 

For what it’s worth (nothing), I think McCartney and Tay Tay are playing. I don’t think Taylor needs to necessarily do pay Glastonbury alongside other gigs, as long as she’s announced a tour by then. Macca can do what he damn well pleases  

Relton is surely out now (he’s have to do three nights on the trot to play the Saturday and he doesn’t even have two consecutive gigs on his current tour). 

There is nothing I would want more than Taylor to be there. I won’t get my hopes up because it’s just devastating if she’s not there. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, kalifire said:

For what it’s worth (nothing), I think McCartney and Tay Tay are playing.

I don’t think Taylor needs to necessarily play Glastonbury alongside other gigs, as long as she’s announced a tour by then so fans don’t feel excluded.

Macca can do what he damn well pleases.

Relton is surely out now (he’d have to do three nights on the trot to play the Saturday and he doesn’t even have two consecutive gigs on his current tour). 

I am in full agreement with this stance/logic.

Big 24hrs ahead for this thread

1 hour ago, Ddiamondd said:

People seem to be saying that Billie is a weak switch for Travis as she's 'overexposed' and touring constantly, but then... so is/was Trav.

It's a strong trio with strong subs — Swedish House Mafia, Doja Cat & Megan thee Stallion presumed.

Given that RATM have been known for years and whoever replaces Travis will be dogged by a bit of grousing, Ye is the wildcard and a bit of a coup now. A lot of people got very excited by seeing him do a hit-heavy set for the Larry Hoover stream. His Coachella 2011 set was sensational so if he runs it back to the golden era of Ye performances, it could be a real reputation-healer.

Full bill will drop today or tomorrow but 5pm PST isn't a lock fwiw. We'll know soon!

SHM will close the stage mind.

Just now, Matt42 said:

Come on it’s hardly been a stable year for predictions has it?

Absolutely not! And there's no real clue or guarantee of Saturday and Sunday's headliners either, tbh. Trying to think of a time when we've been as close to the gates opening, only knowing one third of headliners and no clue of the other two. Fun times. 

1 minute ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Absolutely not! And there's no real clue or guarantee of Saturday and Sunday's headliners either, tbh. Trying to think of a time when we've been as close to the gates opening, only knowing one third of headliners and no clue of the other two. Fun times. 

With an impending balance payment due early March and teases of a lineup there is definitely a full lineup out there that we are grasping at. Props to big G for keeping it quiet.

8 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Only if Neil's info is wrong.

24 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Only if Neil's info is wrong.

It would be interesting to see if his source(s) still have the same information right now. I never doubt the oracle and if his information does turn out to be incorrect, I expect that it was right at some stage but changed. It's all very intriguing...

Gonna do a RAG recap of who has dates announced to establish that the two (who Neil would mark as a TBC if he still could) not having tour dates yet is no big deal because of how few names are actually on the map so far.

• Adele (BST exclusive)
  • Arctic Monkeys (R+L)
  • Biffy Clyro (Download)
  • Bruce Springsteen (no dates yet but leaks; rumoured date for Belgium on Sunday - b2b very unlikely)
  • Coldplay (ruled themselves out)
  • Dave (R+L)
  • Dua Lipa (in Norway Sunday)
  • Eagles (in Dublin Friday, London Sunday - 3 days in a row very unlikely)
  • Ed Sheeran (in London Friday, Saturday)
  • Elton John (in London Friday, Bristol Sunday - 3 days in a row very unlikely)
  • Florence and the Machine
  • Foo Fighters (in Manchester Saturday)
  • Gorillaz (Germany Friday, Luxembourg Sunday)
  • Green Day (in UK Friday, Saturday; Dublin Monday - 4 days in a row very unlikely)
  • Guns N' Roses (in France Saturday, b2b dates in different countries very unlikely)
  • Imagine Dragons (UK exclusive show in Milton Keynes)
  • Iron Maiden (Download)
  • The Killers (too soon)
  • Kings of Leon (in Dublin Friday, Belfast Sunday)
  • Liam Gallagher (in Belfast Friday, Glasgow Sunday)
  • Metallica (in Germany Friday, France Sunday)
  • Muse (headlining IOW; in Spain Sunday)
  • Pearl Jam (in Italy Saturday)
  • Rage Against the Machine (R+L)
  • Red Hot Chili Peppers (in London Saturday and Sunday)
  • Royal Blood
  • Stormzy (too soon)
  • The Strokes

I believe that's pretty much it. Given that the green names would all cause fierce arguments on whether they could headline, I think it's easy to expect that more names are forthcoming despite many festivals having announced their lot.

• Upvote 5

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Given that the green names would all cause fierce arguments on whether they could headline, I think it's easy to expect that more names are forthcoming despite many festivals having announced their lot.

You forgot Foals

Worth mentioning that over on the BST thread, a user who seems to know things says that there is one headline left to come and when asked, said they 'don't need help selling tickets'. Gonna be a big name, feasibly a stadium name seeing as they are all booked up (by The Weeknd) this summer. Might be the Stones? McCartney? AC/DC?

But more to the point, it means The Strokes aren't the final BST headliner and still have a southern England headline show to play. It is Glastonbury.