2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

12 hours ago, Matt42 said:

So we’ve lost some pages here then.

Do we still think Billie, Paul, Kendrick then? Nothing happened in the blackout?

I saw a tweet from a Swiftie account that Taylor Swift, Beyoncé, Fleetwood Mac all have stadium tours set to be announced soon. Make of that what you will.

It could be that these dates aren’t until 2023 though.

Crowded House are touring next year so that’s Fleetwood Mac ruled out.

23 more realistic for all three I’d say, not sure how stadium availability there is for next year now.

13 minutes ago, Weird said:

Screenshot_20211219-233626_Reddit.thumb.jpg.650db34c5e19b72975e9eb38dd77aaae.jpgsomeone in the Tyler reddit posted this. 

Errrrrrr I think this is fake. Some of the acts on the undercard could be headliners by wireless’s standard. Also isn’t Tyler lined up for Parklife / Lovebox etc like he was in 2020?

Doja Cat would be a headliner at Wireless.

Edited by Matt42

8 hours ago, Weird said:

Screenshot_20211219-233626_Reddit.thumb.jpg.650db34c5e19b72975e9eb38dd77aaae.jpgsomeone in the Tyler reddit posted this. 

fake, beyond stacked that saturday and the other days are strong too. Wizkid is also doing his own outdoor London show so won't be at wireless unless he's headlining which seems somewhat unlikely

13 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Errrrrrr I think this is fake. Some of the acts on the undercard could be headliners by wireless’s standard. Also isn’t Tyler lined up for Parklife / Lovebox etc like he was in 2020?

Doja Cat would be a headliner at Wireless.

Nobody is headlining Doja yet so being a sub or 3rd overall will be the spot she has secured for most of this year til the end of summer/fall. If you expect Doja to get a top spot then she isnt getting a Glasto spot at all because of the demand for high billing.

Edited by Suprefan

53 minutes ago, Earth_pig said:

Whichever egg head made this didn’t know wireless festival isn’t in Finsbury Park an anymore, it’s in Crystal Palace park. 

Last year didn't have finsbury at all whereas live nation is back this year there for george ezra/sam fender around wireless time. Not impossible for a return back, definitely wouldn't rule it out yet based on their website.

1 hour ago, Suprefan said:

Nobody is headlining Doja yet so being a sub or 3rd overall will be the spot she has secured for most of this year til the end of summer/fall. If you expect Doja to get a top spot then she isnt getting a Glasto spot at all because of the demand for high billing.

General consensus is she is on the same level as Megan who is headlining Reading so i'd say its not out of the picture completely. Your second sentence doesn't really make sense, nobody is saying she will be at Glasto nor are they measuring wireless against it?

I think she’s top line for every festival she’s doing next year. I do think that will eventually preclude her, as you say.

She’s headlining lolla Stockholm 

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

There are two Wirelesses across two weekends in two cities next summer anyway. I would predict she’ll headline one or both of those and not do Glastonbury. Even without I never could see her doing Glastonbury but quite feasibly she’s spoken for.

We’l see, I never count out the big G for their ability to get someone on the money. 

I’m a little doubtful of Wireless too tbh. It seems like Wireless are booking less and less US hip hop as time goes on as the UK talent seems to sell the event out just fine.

2 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Counterpoint, quadruple co headline in the u.s. vs a co headline at lolla. Still not at the top on her own. When you have 6 or more spots you gotta fill em in.

9D339020-69D0-478B-80C7-FC7BB49FCF56.jpeg

What a ridiculous poster format, 5 headliners with some of them being a fraction of the size of the biggest ones

3 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Counterpoint, quadruple co headline in the u.s. vs a co headline at lolla. Still not at the top on her own. When you have 6 or more spots you gotta fill em in.

The whole concept exists to satisfy egos. When it became clear that putting someone on the top line of a poster was a sweetener for a deal, they were obviously gonna stretch it as far as they possibly can.

On 10/9/2021 at 12:07 PM, Matt42 said:

Just had a thought - would Kendrick not allow the BBC to broadcast his headline set? Does he have a bit of a track record for not allowing performances to be recorded?

Which day gets the biggest BBC figures, is it the Saturday? If so it might make more sense to keep Macca on the Saturday. Kendrick being on the Sunday with no broadcasting and would probably be the best day for him to play. As Billie / Paul will be headlining on prime TV viewing slots.

i don't think viewing figures comes into it very much, i think the beeb broadcast as an important cultural event, not because of big viewer figures.

15 minutes ago, Neil said:

i don't think viewing figures comes into it very much, i think the beeb broadcast as an important cultural event, not because of big viewer figures.

Fair enough - I posted that in September but my view has changed since then. Kendrick ok the Sunday imo would be really great. Some of his songs actually make great Sunday evening listening. (loyalty for example will go down great).

Are you still thinking Billie, Macca, Kendrick Neil? I think there is a chance Kendrick will be announced for Coachella next week, which may make him ready to be announced.

20 hours ago, Suprefan said:

9D339020-69D0-478B-80C7-FC7BB49FCF56.jpeg

When it gets down to the second line I start recognising people less and less - but the top lines and all three days are pretty stacked. Post Malone, Halsey, Doja Cat, Tame Impala, Megan, Jack Harlow, Pheobe are some of the trendiest bookings going right now.

Not for me but I recognise how that sells tickets.

Edited by Matt42