2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Yeah, they're not going to turn down the only viable touring Beatle and Reg's swansong unless some other superstar is banging on the door.

We don't know if they do have those offers though, do we?

No we don’t, of course. It would be huge if they did though, whatever the lack of variety.

1 hour ago, Ddiamondd said:

You'd imagine 2014 was tempered by the Saturday slot which — as with Sunday in 2015 — was originally held in the hope of getting Prince.

Plus, Metallica have two non-white members, and are as musically diverse as the fest has ever booked for that slot, so it didn't feel like a uniform year necessarily.

I really doubt the Eavii would think twice if Reg and Macca were both available and keen to sign on. They are terrific gets in any year, let alone when forced to find a viable superstar replacement for Taylor/Kendrick, should it come to that.

Yeah very fair point. I shouldn’t have included 2014. Especially as it doesn’t seem all that remarkable now that Metallica played, but it was v.controversial at the time. And I wasn’t intending to be blasé about band members ethnicity, I just meant they’re seen by many as a white Guitar band. You’re dead right.

8 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I know you've been at it a while, but it feels fucking weird to be talking about headliners, you know, as if there's actually going to be another festival at some point.

Who is bigger, Foals or Rishi Sunak? Who would get the biggest crowd?

1 hour ago, mazola said:

I thin Elton is more likely once his tour is over to be honest. If I remember correctly the blurb for his tour mentioned it was his last ever tour, but seemed to leave the door open for one offs in the future.

Then I guess I should feel upset about having tickets to one of his ''final'' shows if its really not.

31 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

It's a very, very long time since I've been involved in one of these discussions, I think I stopped in Feb last year.

I can’t bring myself to do it. Not until I have much more certainty of next year’s festival and my attendance. 

39 minutes ago, kalifire said:

I can’t bring myself to do it. Not until I have much more certainty of next year’s festival and my attendance. 

Mate, I feel for your situation. I hope you get here. 🤞 The certainty of tickets but the uncertainty of getting here must be a nightmare. 

Edited by vintagelaureate

3 hours ago, balthazarstarbuck said:

I think the diversity thing has some merit in that we’ve probably saw our last all white & male set of headliners in 2017. 

However, depending on pullouts that I don’t think that precludes Reginald and Sir James being on the same bill.

IF Reg is up for it of course.

At least Reg would still provide some sort of diversity...

2 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Then I guess I should feel upset about having tickets to one of his ''final'' shows if its really not.

Depends I suppose. If you are a fan then surely you would be pleased you may have more chances to see him in the future. I may be wrong, but it's billed as his final tour, not his final performance.

14 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

We have no concrete evidence any of the original trio are up for it next year either.

Very fair point. But at least the others have been booked once. We’ve got no idea if EHJ has even been approached/ would be up for it.

And I would be stoked if he was, despite having tickets for him in November.

23 minutes ago, Florian Saucer Attack said:

He is gigging in England around Glastonbury. The gig before Glastonbury weekend is in Bristol and the gig after is in Swansea.

I think, there is more evidence for Elton playing than any other headline act

Sure, but all his own shows. Can’t think of him doing anything UK festival based since Bestival back in 2013. Happy to be corrected.

I really hope I’m wrong but my hunch says he doesn’t do it.

40 minutes ago, Florian Saucer Attack said:

He is gigging in England around Glastonbury. The gig before Glastonbury weekend is in Bristol and the gig after is in Swansea.

He’s had shows and tours around GF too many times in the past for us not to apply a pinch of salt.

That said I do suspect things could be different this time.

3 hours ago, Florian Saucer Attack said:

Billie Eilish is sitting right there too.