2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

Going from Macca to Reg to the Boring Employer would be a hell of a comedown.

There are people out there still in comas from his 2009 set.

I can’t say I’m super thrilled but I think if you need a replacement for Macca then the boss is probably as close as u can get.

11 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

🚨

No Macca for TW Classic (which he was originally rumoured to play in Belgium).

5CB1E00A-6170-43A9-B54C-6AE59AB6121E.jpeg

I saw that earlier. There is some ambiguity in Ken’s post; when he says “There is something going on” I wonder if he means re Macca, but not at TW, or is the whole sentence about TW and nothing to do with Macca. 

I still think he’s a strong possibility for Glastonbury. He’s certainly upped his profile of late, many of his contemporaries are back on the road next year, can’t see him being far behind.

And yes, Springsteen’s  looking like a contender now too 

16 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

@eFestivals

Come on Neil, we need some reassurance right now. Kenny and Macca are both looking shakey…

Tbh I think Neil was told info that was probably kosher at the time. Glasto were probably holding spots for Kenny / Macca…. But there’s a chance that both of them haven’t taken up big G on the offer.

9 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Tbh I think Neil was told info that was probably kosher at the time. Glasto were probably holding spots for Kenny / Macca…. But there’s a chance that both of them haven’t taken up big G on the offer.

Neil was pretty confident when he announced it here. I'd imagine his source would have told him Kenny / Macca are confirmed rather than they are holding spots (whatever that means)

9 minutes ago, Florian Saucer Attack said:

Neil was pretty confident when he announced it here. I'd imagine his source would have told him Kenny / Macca are confirmed rather than they are holding spots (whatever that means)

I want to believe but at the moment it looks like Macca and Kendrick are doing glasto as European exclusives… which I struggle to believe. 

We have had one offs before, but it’s not a good sign once you enter that territory.

5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I want to believe but at the moment it looks like Macca and Kendrick are doing glasto as European exclusives… which I struggle to believe. 

We have had one offs before, but it’s not a good sign once you enter that territory.

They've already got Billie as a European festival exclusive, so the other two could be possible as well. Besides, there's still some festivals that have space for Kendrick on their lineup, even if they aren't exactly the same ones as he had planned for 2020/1

16 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

They've already got Billie as a European festival exclusive, so the other two could be possible as well. Besides, there's still some festivals that have space for Kendrick on their lineup, even if they aren't exactly the same ones as he had planned for 2020/1

If they got all 3 surely it would be the first time they had 3 european exclusives (2 as well probably right?)

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

@Suprefanwas the first person to say BST had Adele and he’s also said that Elton has a second BST date.

I wonder if it’s Springsteen.

Springsteen rumored to be announcing tour dates on Thursday. 

If we lose McCartney I think they just might bump Dua up and not spend money somewhere else. If/when Elton adds that second BST date then maybe he shows up for her set as a guest on Sunday? Now we’re out a Saturday headliner with a few in the fray?

edit: and I dont even see Billie as an exclusive. The circumstances at hand worked out for the Glasto spot. The tour wasnt meant to have festival appearances on it anyway.

Edited by Suprefan