2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

If hypothetically they have sat waiting for Kendrick and it’s not materialising, it may be too late to pick up the phone and try and rope someone in like Springsteen or Elton, they may have to phone a friend. If Kendrick, Springsteen, Elton, Taylor, Coldplay etc are all tied up they have to look wide at their options.

I am confident Adele will return at some point, mainly because she always mentions the festival and the way Emily speaks about her she’s probably someone Emily would like to keep in her back pocket.

considering Adele is being coy about whether she has put together a proper tour, I think her agreeing to something about now that fits would probably work for her. I wouldn’t count her out if Kendrick doesn’t materialise.

There are so many options in play, stop being tunnel visioned on one of the less likely options. 2 festivals and 1 new album in between headline appearances would be a very uninspired choice. I agree she might be back one day, but not anytime soon.

I don't see how Kendrick is being ruled out? Booked for 2020 and his first show was only announced a couple days ago - a week after glasto in France, seems like people are jumping the gun on this one ??

EDIT: thought he was announced for Garorock, someone had a rumour - still though seems early to rule him out

Edited by gfa

So, even in your hypothetical imaginings she's still 6th on the shortlist. 

Tbh, if any of that was the case, I still think the festival would look elsewhere before rebooking her again so soon. I'm pretty sure you've championed this yourself at one point actually, but I'd consider Dua Lipa getting a bump up more likely than Adele returning. 

Agree completely that she will be back eventually, but both Adele and the festival will have the good sense to wait until its almost as big an event as the first booking was, and that ain't in 2022, my dude. 

9 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

If hypothetically they have sat waiting for Kendrick and it’s not materialising, it may be too late to pick up the phone and try and rope someone in like Springsteen or Elton, they may have to phone a friend. If Kendrick, Springsteen, Elton, Taylor, Coldplay etc are all tied up they have to look wide at their options.

I am confident Adele will return at some point, mainly because she always mentions the festival and the way Emily speaks about her she’s probably someone Emily would like to keep in her back pocket.

considering Adele is being coy about whether she has put together a proper tour, I think her agreeing to something about now that fits would probably work for her. I wouldn’t count her out if Kendrick doesn’t materialise.

Matt, give the Adele shit a rest.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Is it just that relton is a more accepted option here?

Yes, because you look at Elton's dates and think he might be in the frame, whilst you are pontificating about how the biggest act on the planet at the moment might sub because it'd be a laugh and she gets on with Emily. 

Adele has only just headlined and doesn't have any dates of course she's the least likely option, if she announces a tour with a Glasto gap and Kendrick still doesn't appear elsewhere then more people will start to mention her Adele-ness until then it's just you and it's odd.

10 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

If they announce an album and/or gigs next summer then they become a contender again.

Yeh this is it. I'm trying to think - I don't think they'd officially announced their tour for AM when they were announced for GF in 2012. They were one month into the tour by the time they played in the June.

There was talk that they've recorded a new album a month or so ago. I personally think it's too soon, five Glasto's since they last played, but yeh - if there's legs in the album rumour then they're in the frame.

32 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

If they announce an album and/or gigs next summer then they become a contender again.

14 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

Yeh this is it. I'm trying to think - I don't think they'd officially announced their tour for AM when they were announced for GF in 2012. They were one month into the tour by the time they played in the June.

There was talk that they've recorded a new album a month or so ago. I personally think it's too soon, five Glasto's since they last played, but yeh - if there's legs in the album rumour then they're in the frame.

They’re playing R&L.

Interestingly, looking at that person’s most recent posts, they posted in September 2020 that they’d heard Dua Lipa was headlining the Pyramid next year if festival’s were back.

Edit: Next year as in 2021.

Edited by Somto Unigwe Raphael