2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

5 minutes ago, Somto Unigwe Raphael said:

Sounds to me like Kendrick is out and has been like-for-like replaced by J Cole, similar to Swift being out for Billie Eilish?

Similarly not surprised at Chris Martin being a replacement for Paul McCartney.

Coldplay, the band The Beatles could have been.

2 hours ago, sisco said:

I said a few weeks back that subbing the other certainly fits.  I’d not rule out headlining a stage like JP.  If The Streets and other equally big ish bands can then Sam Fender can certainly do it

Firstly, the worda came out to shit in that post. Secondly, I don't remember The Streets your but I think Sam's is still bigger?, might be wrong. Other sub sounds about right, get the attention without losing it to a headliner but JP I'd put money on it that he won't be.

1 hour ago, kingbadger said:

Similarly not surprised at Chris Martin being a replacement for Paul McCartney.

Coldplay, the band The Beatles could have been.

Looks like Coldplay are doing Wembley next year, they havent ever done the farm and stadiums in the same year i dont think?

• 2 weeks later...

Don't doubt @eFestivals sources or his confidence in them. After all we're all able to remember the occasional clanger which shows how seldom they are incorrect compared to the majority which turn out to be spot on. Having said that, the twin news of the Kenny omission from that Friday announcement and the, seemingly imminent, announcement of Springsteen for Mad Cool has given me a bit of a wobble.

It suddenly occurred to me this morning that the festival made specific reference to Billie's age in the official announcement. Maybe a way to offset the fact they'd booked two old codgers for the other days? 

Head says we'll still end up with Billie/Macca/Kenny but can't shake the feeling there's a swerve around the corner. 

Edited by SwedgeAntilles

29 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Don't doubt @eFestivals sources or his confidence in them. After all we're all able to remember the occasional clanger which shows how seldom they are incorrect compared to the majority which turn out to be spot on. Having said that, the twin news of the Kenny omission from that Friday announcement and the, seemingly imminent, announcement of Springsteen for Mad Cool has given me a bit of a wobble.

It suddenly occurred to me this morning that the festival made specific reference to Billie's age in the official announcement. Maybe a way to offset the fact they'd booked two old codgers for the other days? 

Head says we'll still end up with Billie/Macca/Kenny but can't shake the feeling there's a swerve around the corner. 

Enter Reginald.... 

• Like 1

I also want to believe it is Billie, Macca, Kendrick but if we didn’t have efests info I wouldn’t even be thinking of Kendrick as a possibility right now.

It seems like a lot of festivals waited for Kendrick and held a slot for him but nothing was firmed up. It may be that Glasto was doing the same but he didn’t put anything into place.

Then again this looks to be weirdly unpredictable and Kendrick might just appear on the lineup. Although there are less and less EU festivals for him to fit into now.

Edited by Matt42

25 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Can’t see Adele headlining at all. There’s more chance Taylor would keep the booking, imo. 

I guess we just go with Neil’s info, and I’d hate to say he might be wrong, because sorry seems to be the hardest word. 

11 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Given the other potential options this year there's no chance the festival would go back to the Adele-well so soon. 

She might well be back in the frame when she releases album 33 1/3.

If hypothetically they have sat waiting for Kendrick and it’s not materialising, it may be too late to pick up the phone and try and rope someone in like Springsteen or Elton, they may have to phone a friend. If Kendrick, Springsteen, Elton, Taylor, Coldplay etc are all tied up they have to look wide at their options.

I am confident Adele will return at some point, mainly because she always mentions the festival and the way Emily speaks about her she’s probably someone Emily would like to keep in her back pocket.

considering Adele is being coy about whether she has put together a proper tour, I think her agreeing to something about now that fits would probably work for her. I wouldn’t count her out if Kendrick doesn’t materialise.