2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

5 hours ago, kalifire said:

With the license extending over so many years, do the locals really have that much sway over things any more? Griffiths can yabber away all she likes in the MDC meetings, but her reach isn't what it used to be, surely.

I think if things came to a head, Glasto would in win a court case if they were denied a license one year because the locals demanded a certain type of artist. That is not relevant in any way for the event to be able to happen. I dont hear the locals for Coachella complaining about not getting a certain headliner on the poster. Probably because the region gets around a $700 million boost in its economy due to the festival happening.

56 minutes ago, PolygonWindow said:

Billie Kenny Macca

Strong Strong Strong

Only seen Radiohead on the Pyramid in the 4 times I’ve been. Chuffed (tho QOTSA on the Friday is probs where I will end up).

Praying Thom Yorke and Kenny don’t clash again 🥲

How confident is the kendrick prediction?

14 minutes ago, Weird said:

How confident is the kendrick prediction?

6 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Neil (eFestivals) has info that Billie, Macca, Kendrick is our trio. He got Billie right so pretty likely that the Kendrick info is right too.

And that Billie info was a little while back too.

25 minutes ago, SighMo said:

The late news on Radio 4 just did a piece about Billie being the youngest headliner and then went on to talk about a rumour of all female headliners of Billie, Adele and Taylor...it is the BBC though. 

Of course they wanna make it seem as if its possible. Emily has said she wants to do that eventually and Im sure there would be tons of complaints about it anyway. Or worse, all 3 headliners being POC or LGBTQ.

6 hours ago, SighMo said:

The late news on Radio 4 just did a piece about Billie being the youngest headliner and then went on to talk about a rumour of all female headliners of Billie, Adele and Taylor...it is the BBC though. 

Three pop soloists unlikely.

Wolf Alice, Fleetwood Mac, Billie Eilish.

Maybe even less likely. But I think much stronger as an all female (fronted) bill.

12 minutes ago, jparx said:

Can you imagine if they pulled out the ultimate booking hail mary and ended up with Billie, Adele and Taylor on the Pyramid, but then also something like Muse and Kasabian on the Other?!

The Radio X comments section would be in shambles. Could definitely see Kasabian headlining other though

Nice to pop back in and see genuine rumours after a shit show of life for the last 2 years. Billie, Kendrick and Macca is a great trio. I can't wait for all the others to be confirmed for the other stages etc for a bumper packed card with people desperate to just play the festival after so long. 

Edited by Doug85