2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

Four that I definitely wont attend. One maybe. One nailed on. 

Not the return I was hoping for, but I'll have a great time exploring the other stages nonetheless.

Hoping for a banging Saturday night WH headliner before scurrying off to the naughty corner. Any solid rumours for that stage yet?

Edited by Billy Corgan's Ego
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Replacing one of the biggest female artists in the world with another one of the biggest artists in the world is a pretty good job. If Taylor isn’t available there isn’t anything they can do about it.

If anything Billie is an upgrade, popularity-wise. I love Taylor too but you can't really beat Billie right now. 

15 minutes ago, misterplow said:

If anything Billie is an upgrade, popularity-wise. I love Taylor too but you can't really beat Billie right now. 

Yeah it’s really interesting. Billie and Taylor are both massive ticket shifters, but Billie’s HTE tour has sold a pretty crazy amount of shows in the UK. Taylor can do the big stadiums and BST and could probably match her in terms of shows sold out - but I’d honestly say at this point they are pretty equal in terms of ticket selling power.

49 minutes ago, Justcalledtosay said:

Was hoping for the full experience of at least 2 or 3 belting headliners

The full experience is most definitely not spending every night at the Pyramid.

Yes, there is nothing quite like seeing a massive act that you love on that stage. But the best times are often elsewhere. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Justcalledtosay said:

The disappointment stems from the fact, I’ve never been able to go before despite trying for years and it’s likely I won’t be a regular going forward. Was hoping for the full experience of at least 2 or 3 belting headliners but that’s not the case in my book. Everyone has different tastes but those two are just not for me.

It’s also technically the 50th anniversary line up and that’s a pretty lame line up for an anniversary of that magnitude or tradition.

Having a 50th anniversary after 52 years is a bit tenuous. Would’ve been pushing it if it happened this year.

18 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

Yes, there is nothing quite like seeing a massive act that you love on that stage. But the best times are often elsewhere. 

Fully agree. I’ve done all 3 pyramid headliners once, and it was comfortably my worst Glastonbury. Always clash dependent of course but I try to see no more than one now. You’re not getting the full experience otherwise.

Edited by balthazarstarbuck

19 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

I've never done the El Pointo Treble and I was up for it in 2020.  As it stands it depends who's up against Bill, who I like but is a long way from a guaranteed good time and is a step down from Taylor regardless of how many nights she's sold out the O2.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Justcalledtosay said:

The disappointment stems from the fact, I’ve never been able to go before despite trying for years and it’s likely I won’t be a regular going forward. Was hoping for the full experience of at least 2 or 3 belting headliners but that’s not the case in my book. Everyone has different tastes but those two are just not for me.

It’s also technically the 50th anniversary line up and that’s a pretty lame line up for an anniversary of that magnitude or tradition.

If you want the full experience then I’d argue being away from The Pyramid will give you that.

So much more going on elsewhere on different stages. 

Yes The Pyramid can be great, but there’s more to the festival than that. 

Edit....

In retrospect I’d say it’s impossible to get the full experience during one visit. 

There’s so much to see and do it takes multiple festivals. 

Edited by nikkic

Maybe an unpopular opinion but I tend to find if there is an act I love on the Pyramid the stage is the downside. I get it has a romantic grand scale image, heritage etc but watching someone on any other stage is much more fun. 

8 minutes ago, 1986 said:

Maybe an unpopular opinion but I tend to find if there is an act I love on the Pyramid the stage is the downside. I get it has a romantic grand scale image, heritage etc but watching someone on any other stage is much more fun. 

I find daytime Pyramid stuff a little flat but when the sun goes down there is nowhere better on the planet to watch a headline set than the Pymild.

• Upvote 2

Honestly those headliners do pretty much nothing for me, will probably see Macca but not overly excited. Same goes for the supposed other stage headliners.

If anyone else is feeling the same then flip it into a positive as I’m doing, it’ll give me a hell of a lot more time to explore the site in the evening/night when it isn’t too busy!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jack.194 said:

Honestly those headliners do pretty much nothing for me, will probably see Macca but not overly excited. Same goes for the supposed other stage headliners.

If anyone else is feeling the same then flip it into a positive as I’m doing, it’ll give me a hell of a lot more time to explore the site in the evening/night when it isn’t too busy!

Who would you want? 

I always wonder with self-confirmations this early, was it a spur of the moment or did something prompt it? E.g. Was some final contract signed earlier today / this week to confirm she'll definitely be headlining the Friday? Or was it just a situation of, "fuck it, I'm bored, might just announce that I'm headlining Glastonbury and see what happens". 

I think she jumped the gun and they mightve had it ready for the morning.

17 minutes ago, topmarksbri said:

I won't go and see her but rate her way of announcing that she's playing - clearly very stoned and half way through your insta story.

I guess all of us Californians are constantly stoned.

Possibly an official announcement coming tomorrow then!

The fact I'm already seeing her in May will soften the blow if I fail in the resale - would much rather miss out on a Glastonbury with Billie than one with Taylor.

Just need Paul to randomly decide to do a show in Belfast/Dublin now and it'll take a lot of pressure off for the resale...

Just now, Gnomicide said:

I like this late night gubbins. Hoe many Glastonbury obsessives have gone to bed and have no idea this has happened?

They'll wake up to a hot topic and Neil hasn't even told anyone to stand by their beds. 😂